I just dumped another forum.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on I just dumped another forum. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; If you've never stopped to realize how nice we have it on The Prepper Forums, let me tell you how it is on other sites. ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: I just dumped another forum.

If you've never stopped to realize how nice we have it on The Prepper Forums, let me tell you how it is on other sites.

I was a long time member of another forum, I even had several private telephone numbers of members I never met in person and their one Moderator--who is part of their problem. This forum had started to develop "an edge" recently, kind of a "cool kids verses average guys" which had never been the climate of that forum before. In fact, I got a call from the Moderator one day who admitted he was "doing nothing" about such incursions because he wanted to keep the place "friendly." Yikes, he lost that battle.

I had been off-line for an hour or two repairing a knife. I decided to take a break. When I had signed off earlier, I didn't see/hear a bit of hostility. Oy, vey, but it was brewing when I jumped back on!

My first inclination was anger--then I stopped, and I mean I came to dead stop. The Moderator had already told me he was going to do nothing, and if the despoilers were now in control by his permission it meant that I had already lost a fight I didn't even know was going on.

I clicked on that forum's icon and dragged it to that little "garbage can" in the corner of my screen. Ten years lost in a 'click.'

And do you know why I stopped dead in my tracks? It's because of this forum. Denton will call me to shoot the breeze. And clearly, if there are two different and distinct members here it's Annie and myself. I always watch for her contributions, makes me feel a tad small I'm not more charitable.

So here's my unsolicited advice. Enjoy this forum. Treasure this forum. When you first turn on your computer in the morning, come here first. Recognize that you have an entire unseen cadre' of members you have never or seldom met who share secrets and desires with you.

I had to learn the hard way.
    Slippy, Marica, RedLion and 10 others like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Life is too short to waste on unnecessary drama.
    dwight55 and 0rocky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    Life is too short to waste on unnecessary drama.
    That's the problem, RedLion, I ditched that forum as dispassionately as I might a sack of weekly garbage. I had no emotion, and actually glad when the little icon "swallowed" my membership.

Simply, I just like it here better.
    RedLion likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

We're mostly just friends here. We might not agree on everything, but there's enough of a common bond in preparedness. And the parts we don't agree on just keeps things colorful and interesting--for me.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Annie, I hope that idea never changes here.

BTW, Annie, I'm just about out of stuff to polish. Got any dull kitchen knives? I'm Jonesing...

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    I've often had the opposite experience on forums.

Most of them dump me!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Hawgrider, you're not helping the bikers amid our ranks here. You know you told a funnnie. I know you told a funnie.

Six moderators are now busy checking our posts...
    hawgrider and StratMaster like this.

I usually cannot see and online fight and I have to join it 😂
    So, as this whole online fighting is just a big waste of time, I am trying to spend less time on my phone and be more productive offline

Yavanna, I wish that was the standard condition on most American forums. About ten years ago I got my first taste, and could not understand the vitriol visited on people they had never met.

As I stated, there is no better example of differing people--like me and Annie--on good forums. My former forum just got mean, and the Moderator refused to do anything about it. I could have told him that in no time at all the decent folks are going to dump him and the entire forum. Within a year, the forum owners will close it down. All because this Moderator wouldn't take a stand with the trouble makers.

Sorry to say, it's not my concern. I'm just a "consumer" not an "owner." Membership on a forum is not required. The door swings both ways, so sadly, it's the Moderator's problem, not mine.

Well....There was a time.....Back when I was a younger old SF Guy and drinking....this place and me.....Well we had words. Harsh words too. So I took me a year long break of my own accord....

A place is as good as it members make it. You got to have rules and abide by them. But you also got to allow for different positions. I've been known to enjoy debates....But you can debate with dignity and respect....and if that don't work..then the mods got to let people herd the cats....

hawgrider, Slippy and 0rocky like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links