I just dumped another forum. - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

I just dumped another forum.

This is a discussion on I just dumped another forum. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by hawgrider YES Cricket has personally saved me from the gallows at least once maybe twice here. So now I try much harder ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: I just dumped another forum.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    YES Cricket has personally saved me from the gallows at least once maybe twice here. So now I try much harder to behave here when I can out of respect for her.

although sometimes I just cant help myself ask Denton .... LOL!
    You and Slippy; we expect both of you to go rogue from time to time.
    hawgrider and bigwheel like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    You and Slippy; we expect both of you to go rogue from time to time.
    LMAO! Your a good man Charlie Brown.
    bigwheel and Denton like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

although sometimes I just cant help myself ask Denton .... LOL!
    Denton and I have been buddies since that "film incident."

Parade...lots of gay pride...one guy in a dress...the 'dress' screamed like Denton...I burned the film.

He's been nice to me ever since...
    hawgrider likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Denton and I have been buddies since that "film incident."

Parade...lots of gay pride...one guy in a dress...the 'dress' screamed like Denton...I burned the film.

He's been nice to me ever since...
    Denton has some qualities that only a few know about. One of them he was in on was when my Mom died he was one of the folks that helped pay for and sent a very nice arrangement to the funeral home for my Mother. It was a huge surprise because I told none that my Mom died but OTP found out through my Son in law when I went missing for a few days and many good friends jumped in to make that happen for me . I'll never forget those folks for what they did. True friendship its a rarity today.
    StratMaster, bigwheel and Denton like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

True friendship its a rarity today.
    Yes, it is. One of my best friends was William "Tiny" Alexander. He was my age almost to the date. He broke his leg, and got a cast. The last thing he told his wife was that he was going upstairs to shave. She heard a 'boom,' and surmised Tiny had fallen.

No such luck. He had what is known as "the widowmaker." He was dead before he hit the floor. I have the obit on my favorites. I'll get you a copy.

Tiny's Funeral:

https://madison.com/news/local/obitu...5cf877032.html
    hawgrider and Denton like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Been a super busy spring I admit Ive been slacking off here. Plus over the winter I picked up another time consuming craft of leather working. It really made the winter months tolerable And I found I can actually pull off some OK leather items. Ive been making knife sheaths and holsters. My last project before outside busy work started was a decent gun belt rig for my Blackhawk.

Here is a taste of whats been keeping me busy-

Did this one for the RubberDucks XDS .45

This hunk of cheap Tandy double shoulder has been a pain to work with.
    It doesn't burnish well. It has bug bites. It doesn't stain as well as the hunk of belly I was working with before.

Here is the gun belt rig I made. I did not make the holster its store bought. I made the belt and ammo loops.

Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Nice work.
    Thanks. Each piece I do I gets a little better. I'm still in the leather crafter infancy though. I've had a little advise help from Infidel and Dwight55 so that helped speed things along.
    StratMaster and bigwheel like this.

Mighty nice fit on the slide contures on the semi. Got to soak in water and around a blank of the particular gun or something?
    Last edited by bigwheel; 06-13-2019 at 05:11 PM.

I just reviewed every one of your posts and your only thread at the orange site and found no evidence of a negative experience over there with any Moderators.

Please point to me where this bad experience was that you had with any of the mods there.

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->
    @<b><a href="https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/member.php?u=11268" target="_blank">Gunn</a></b>
    <!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->
    <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->
    @<b><a href="https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/member.php?u=2755" target="_blank">Inor</a></b>
    <!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->

Edited: Ok I found what I believe you are talking about- https://theoutdoortradingpost.com/sh...l=1#post126125 But No moderators were involved or asked you to leave that I can see. The thread was a "Mountaingirl" thread which got weird nothing more. I really don't see why you needed to take your ball and go home I didn't see you as a thinned skinned needy person. Sorry one new members thread at the time offended you enough to leave. Please grow a pair and reconsider why you left to begin with. If there was a problem you could have asked Inor or myself to look into the situation.

hawgrider likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Mighty nice fit on the slide contures on the semi. Got to soak in water and around a blank of the particular gun or something?
    Yes I wet molded to the actual XD I don't have any blue gun molds so it's a good plastic bag for the actual pistol. I give the holster a 2 or 3 minute soak in tepid water towel dry some of the wet then cram the gun in and start molding the leather to the firearm. It doesn't take very long to get the shape then I just let dry in front of the heater vent for an hour or so then pull out the firearm and let the holster dry overnight.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links