Census question
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Census question

This is a discussion on Census question within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Ok, I need the fine Constitutional minds here on PF. On another site I go to the topic of the census came up. One person ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Census question

Super Moderator

Census question

Ok, I need the fine Constitutional minds here on PF.

On another site I go to the topic of the census came up. One person claimed it is both illegal to not participate in the census (refuse to answer the survey) and illegal to lie about the answers you give. Although he did admit it is rarely enforced.

I call BS!

So what do you think, is he right or full of it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Slippy, Denton and RedLion like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

On another site I go to the topic of the census came up. One person claimed it is both illegal to not participate in the census (refuse to answer the survey) and illegal to lie about the answers you give. Although he did admit it is rarely enforced.

I call BS!

You must answer the survey. On the other hand, some of the questions are not mandated by the constitution and that is the way I answer those questions.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    I made a guy chase me for a month back in the 70's Prick followed me everywhere relentless bastard he was I finally filled out the damn thing.

The questions I answer as I see fit nothing more nothing less.

More recently up on my rec property (90's) I was sitting in the outhouse when a Census truck pulled in....

As you can imagine it didn't go very well for him and he never came back! I burned the packet of paperwork he threw out his truck and grilled a hotdog on the coals!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    You must answer the survey. On the other hand, some of the questions are not mandated by the constitution and that is the way I answer those questions.
    I also have researched the legality of the survey, and concur with Denton. I usually do not respond to the mailed questionnaire, and make them come see me. I then allow them to read the questions to me as they take my answers. I have no problem frequently responding with "that is not any of the government's business".

I make em' work for the peanuts I toss their way.
    Last edited by A Watchman; 06-03-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post

I call BS!

A number of years ago, I did a lot of research on the subject of the Census and its Over-Reaching "sister" The American Community Survey.

(From memory so do your own research) The Constitution allows for an "enumeration" every 10 years. That means a "count" of its citizens.

In my mind its not only Constitutional to answer the call for "enumeration" it is also Patriotic. They get from me the total number of people. Thats it.

It is NOT (in my point of view) Constitutional to ask me anything other than the "enumeration" of people. So they get nothing from me on that.

Their were original fines set up by our Founders if you didn't answer the Census. I think it was $20.

Sometime in the 1980's new legislation was written to fine people $100 for failure to answer and $500 for improper answer. I tell them the truth every time about enumeration. Other than that they can kiss my ass.

And that brings up the American Community Survey which I will never answer. It is not the Census and if it is not for "enumeration" as the Constitution says, they will get nothing from me.
    Last edited by Slippy; 06-03-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Federal law provides that anyone who refuses to answer or willfully neglects to answer any of the questions in connection with any census or survey shall be fined a maximum of $100, or a maximum of $500 if the person gives false information.
    Sasquatch and RedLion like this.
    Be a Berean

The Good Cop

In 2000 we got the census “long form “ which was the test run of the American Community Survey.
    It was 4 or maybe 6 pages of questions I refused to answer, such as do we have indoor bathrooms, how far do I drive to work and what route I take to get there, what language is spoken in the home, and on and on.

I refused to answer anything but our names and how many people lived there.
    Several times a lady came to ensure compliance. Finally the wife had enough and told her to get off our property or she would turn the dogs loose.
    Number one reason I entirely fenced our property and the gate stays locked shut whether we are there or not.
    In 2010, gave the same answers, if they followed up they stopped at the locked gate.
    hawgrider, Denton, Slippy and 3 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Have you seen this:

https://people.howstuffworks.com/question345.htm

Fangfarrier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should only be allowed to ask one question. Are you alive. yes or no. But sense they have been allowed to ask a lot more than that under penalty of the law they should be allowed to ask are you a US citizen and if you lie you should be deported.
    Sasquatch and Slippy like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Well I guess if one is going to act against the law, think civil disobedience, I would do what the enemy does which is act accordingly. By that I mean if I lived in SF like I did for the majority of my life i would tell them one and one only live here as I can’t say any les. If I lived in a deeply conservative hard core constitutional district I would say I live here with my three wives and 12 kids. Just kidding but the embellishment will serve to get your constitutional district more clout in congress and deny it to those who already plan to steal it from you.
    Camel923 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links