Gun Club Invite
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gun Club Invite

This is a discussion on Gun Club Invite within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; My Neighbor has a membership to the local gun club and ask me if I wanted to go shooting. Since I have not been since ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By Maine-Marine
  • 1 Post By Maine-Marine

Thread: Gun Club Invite

Gun Club Invite

My Neighbor has a membership to the local gun club and ask me if I wanted to go shooting. Since I have not been since I moved here I said yes. He knows I am retired military and said he wanted to bring his ar-15 and get advice from me

I told him if he had been shooting it for awhile he most likely did not need my help

anyway, I grabbed my 22 ruger 10/22 an a single action american heritage 22

I explained that I was pretty good with a rifle and had shot expert in the Marines BUT I also explained I barely qualified with the pistol... I always shot marksman

we set up some metal target (circles - 1 was about 4 inches the other about 12)

My 10/22 has a red dot and I had sighted it for 50 yards a couple of years ago and when I broke it out... I dinged the target at 50 yards almost every time - holding center mass

moved back to 100 yards and I dinged it a bunch by holding 12 oclock... I was impressed that the red dot had not gotten banged (it is an inexpensive tasco)

and - that cheap American heritage 22 was right on... I could not miss (actually the pistol is the wives) she got it for $99 when she bought me a shotgun
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    My Neighbor has a membership to the local gun club and ask me if I wanted to go shooting. Since I have not been since I moved here I said yes. He knows I am retired military and said he wanted to bring his ar-15 and get advice from me

I told him if he had been shooting it for awhile he most likely did not need my help

anyway, I grabbed my 22 ruger 10/22 an a single action american heritage 22

I explained that I was pretty good with a rifle and had shot expert in the Marines BUT I also explained I barely qualified with the pistol... I always shot marksman

we set up some metal target (circles - 1 was about 4 inches the other about 12)

My 10/22 has a red dot and I had sighted it for 50 yards a couple of years ago and when I broke it out... I dinged the target at 50 yards almost every time - holding center mass

moved back to 100 yards and I dinged it a bunch by holding 12 oclock... I was impressed that the red dot had not gotten banged (it is an inexpensive tasco)

and - that cheap American heritage 22 was right on... I could not miss (actually the pistol is the wives) she got it for $99 when she bought me a shotgun
    So how did your Neighbor do?

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    So how did your Neighbor do?
    he did good. I had him adjust his pistol sight.. and he started hitting. he has a multi distance scope (not sure of the exact name for it) It was neat.. but I view the rifle as better with iron sights or a red dot.. for faster target id and quicker shooting.. it was the first time for me shooting an AR-15 with a scope
    RedLion likes this.
    Be a Berean

Sponsored Links