America, Spoiled Children Consider Themselves 'Victims'
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on America, Spoiled Children Consider Themselves 'Victims' within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Personally I think that Professor Dershowitz is spot on..... Do the students really "feel unsafe"? "They're lying," says Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz in my ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: America, Spoiled Children Consider Themselves 'Victims'

Personally I think that Professor Dershowitz is spot on.....

Do the students really "feel unsafe"?

"They're lying," says Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz in my newest video. "Anybody who says they feel unsafe in the presence of a lawyer and his wife are looking you in the eye and committing the equivalent of perjury. They don't feel unsafe. They've learned the language of the new McCarthyism."

In other words, people call themselves "victims," knowing they can get results they want by saying they are traumatized by the presence of their enemies. Schools and other businesses, wanting to avoid protracted fights and accusations of sexism, racism or "insensitivity," rush to comply with activists' wishes.

Dershowitz is mad about what's happened at his school: "The mantra of the day is 'We feel unsafe.' Well, that's just too bad! Learn to deal with it. You're going to have to live in the real world in which your neighbors, friends, relatives are going to disagree with you. If you start using the criteria of 'unsafe' in your life, you're going to be a failure."

Worse, he adds, "You're going to impose restrictions on the rest of us."
    https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...elves-victims/

I worked cutting lawns, then on a farm growing up, to get a dirt bike. I put myself through college without debt, but had to drop out twice due to lack of $$$, I wrenched cars and pumped gas.

I put myself to a PHD in chemistry. But I still kept my parents farm up., every summer

I still have the farm, and it means more than my PHD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    I worked cutting lawns, then on a farm growing up, to get a dirt bike. I put myself through college without debt, but had to drop out twice due to lack of $$$, I wrenched cars and pumped gas.

I put myself to a PHD in chemistry. But I still kept my parents farm up., every summer

I still have the farm, and it means more than my PHD.
    Thanks Cheifters You are a good man.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Shouldn't the "I feel unsafe" buzz word work both ways then? I feel unsafe at work because I'm not allowed to carry my firearm. By their reasoning I should now get to carry it.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

I feel unsafe due to the deteriation of this nation's spine by the Obama generation, this nation is cronically weekend because of the cradle to grave, live at home to 40, covered by your parents insurance to 26, absorbed with hurt feeling, obamanites. And I am sick of it.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    Personally I think that Professor Dershowitz is spot on.....

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...elves-victims/
    I agree that anyone attending Harvard University is the antithesis of a victim. These kids just don't know enough about the real world. But what is meant when the author of the article writes, 'They've learned the language of the new McCarthyism.'? My problem with that is that in the end, McCarthy was right.
    RedLion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I agree that anyone attending Harvard University is the antithesis of a victim. These kids just don't know enough about the real world. But what is meant when the author of the article writes, 'They've learned the language of the new McCarthyism.'? My problem with that is that in the end, McCarthy was right.
    I believe that the author was comparing the two from a "persecution of citizens" point of view.
    Annie likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    I believe that the author was comparing the two from a "persecution of citizens" point of view.
    Right, but it's a bad analogy. Because McCarthy in the end and for the most part was right. So it's a bad analogy.
    RedLion and 1skrewsloose like this.

Half mile west of where Jesus left His sandals.
    One trait of people who are real legit movers and shakers as well as leaders. They don't see themselves as "victims". Guaranteed!

Git-R-Dunners!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Right, but it's a bad analogy. Because McCarthy in the end and for the most part was right. So it's a bad analogy.
    I can't argue with you.
    Annie likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links