Personal view
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Personal view

This is a discussion on Personal view within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Abortion has many options what say you? Never? Motherís life in danger? Motherís life in danger, rape or incest, heart beat, 1st trimester, second trimester? ...

Poll: Abortion is ok?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Personal view

Personal view

Abortion has many options what say you? Never? Motherís life in danger? Motherís life in danger, rape or incest, heart beat, 1st trimester, second trimester? Little bastards fair game until it pops out? ok kill all the little darlings you want anytime for any reason even after birth.

I really can not peg a reason the mom would die carrying a baby to term or at least until it could survive in an incubator so I guess I am in the NO camp.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Only time doctor should get involved in ending a pregnancy is if it is an ectopic pregnancy

(An ectopic pregnancy is one that occurs outside the womb, usually in one of the fallopian tubes.) it is impossible to carry to term)
    dwight55 and Camel923 like this.
    Be a Berean

Overall abortion is wrong, and I would not do it.
    But some exceptions must be made, specially if it includes risk to the life of the mother or rape (or both).
    Sometimes there are girls as young as 10, 11 years old that get abused and end up pregnant. Their bodies usually is too small to carry a pregnancy to term, and it is a life threatening circunstance. In some countries in south america (where I live), the justice takes so long to authorize the abortion that the baby ends dying before birth. Sometimes the young mother dies too.
    The saddest thing about the rape cases is that everyone judges the woman who does not want to have a baby from a rapist, but almost never the man who did it get any punishment. ☹️
    RedLion, jimb1972, Denton and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    Only time doctor should get involved in ending a pregnancy is if it is an ectopic pregnancy

(An ectopic pregnancy is one that occurs outside the womb, usually in one of the fallopian tubes.) it is impossible to carry to term)
    Spot on !!!

There are pregnancies that have a direct 100% threat to the LIFE of the mother, . . . continuing the pregnancy WILL KILL the mother. Sad as it is to have to terminate the pregnancy, . . . it is no different than any other self defense situation. BUT, . . . it should be the mother and the mother alone who makes that call.

Beyond that, . . . far as I'm concerned, . . . any other abortion is murder, . . . and I'm not the judge on that one, . . . Jesus Christ is.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    Spot on !!!

There are pregnancies that have a direct 100% threat to the LIFE of the mother, . . . continuing the pregnancy WILL KILL the mother. Sad as it is to have to terminate the pregnancy, . . . it is no different than any other self defense situation. BUT, . . . it should be the mother and the mother alone who makes that call.

Beyond that, . . . far as I'm concerned, . . . any other abortion is murder, . . . and I'm not the judge on that one, . . . Jesus Christ is.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    The laws aren't written that way: to protect the life of the mother. They're written to protect the health of the mother. What does that mean? It can mean anything. R vs W didn't define "health" Doe vs Bolton did define health and so it can be as little as mom is suffering from headaches, or her mental health, or economic or social health whatever that means--you can see where that can take you.

So long as there's an exception window that's big enough, the laws mean nothing.

As for legitimate instances of health concern, fallopian tube pregnancy is one where it's necessary. Anything in late term isn't legitimate, because it's faster to get the baby out via c-section. C-sections take minutes to do--my first baby boy was born by cesarean and it's super fast so I can testify to that much.

Late term abortions take a long time to perform. This former abortionist explains that it can take a week start to finish (at about @42:13). So if a woman's life is in danger, it's safer to get the baby out by cesarean in every instance.

Last edited by Annie; 05-16-2019 at 08:13 PM.
    dwight55 likes this.

Super Moderator

Anyone reading this whose either had an abortion or assisted in one or preformed an abortion and regrets their choice, there is hope and healing for you. Don't despair.

So anyway, I couldn't vote in this poll because of the reasons I've mentioned above. If there was an option where you had said something like, "the pregnancy can't be carried out to term and the mother will certainly die, then of course, yes abortion is legitimate in that case.
    dwight55 and NewRiverGeorge like this.

It's murder and should be treated as such, IMHO.
    dwight55 and stevekozak like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavanna View Post
    But some exceptions must be made, specially if it includes..............rape.
    please explain why....
    stevekozak likes this.
    Be a Berean

If it's true that unborn humans are people and thus intrinsically deserving of the same legal protections you and I enjoy, then again, there is no reason to discuss exceptions for rape or incest. A baby conceived in rape is not any less a person than one conceived consensually. If we believe they are people, and people have rights, it would be incoherent and contradictory to say, "Well, except for..." Our whole point is that there is no "except for." People are people are people. To pretend that a baby conceived in rape is not a person is nonsensical. To admit that he is a person but still execute him for his father's sins is morally abominable. We cannot remain consistently pro-life while supporting exceptions because the exceptions must either be based on the belief that not all unborn people are people or that sometimes it is actually okay to murder an innocent and defenseless human being. Either claim contradicts and ultimately destroys our whole case. Pro-abortion people know this. That's why the LEFT wants the exceptions in the first place.

(https://www.dailywire.com/news/47227...ngconservative)
    Be a Berean

Hear, . . . hear, . . . ^^^^^^^^^^^

May God bless,
    Dwight
    stevekozak likes this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links