Catholic church in Dallas search warrants
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Catholic church in Dallas search warrants within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; This just came across my FB feed Heavy police presence at the Dallas Catholic Diocese in Oak Lawn this morning was related to a search ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Catholic church in Dallas search warrants

This just came across my FB feed

Heavy police presence at the Dallas Catholic Diocese in Oak Lawn this morning was related to a search warrant involving sexual abuse allegations. Other locations across the city were also raided today
    https://dfwscanner.net/2019/05/15/da...8gAg9P5W_SJwto
    Last edited by inceptor; 05-15-2019 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Udated news link

I read the article, and I saw the words "priest" and "child exploitation." That said enough for me. I'm surprised it doesn't go on in routine investigations.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Super Moderator

If you did a search you would probably find a similar recent story in most major cities. These attacks on children by priests have been going on for decades. Rather than fix the problem they tried to hide it and shipped pedophile priests off to new parishes. All this did was cause the problem to spread.

Authorities in cities have known about this for a long time but wouldn't dare embarrass the church so they let it slide. Now the problem has bubbled into the mainstream and it cant be ignored. These departments are trying to make it seem like they haven't been complacent for years.

The church, all the way to Pope, and many city officials and police officials should be ashamed for what they allowed to happen to children for decades. I hope they all rot in hell.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Camel923, inceptor, Joe and 1 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I grew up in the Church and was an alter boy. Us kids were treated extremely well. I never knew of anyone growing up that had an issue at our parish. Then again maybe I was just butt ugly.
    Denton, Sasquatch, Joe and 1 others like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    I grew up in the Church and was an alter boy. Us kids were treated extremely well. I never knew of anyone growing up that had an issue at our parish. Then again maybe I was just butt ugly.
    I have no doubt you were a butt ugly kid my friend. However, that is not why you escaped being assaulted. Human predators, like in nature, look for the weak to prey on. These priests knew to groom the kids from broken families or the ones with troubles at home. I'm guessing you had a good family life and that is what spared you from their advances.
    Slippy likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Super Moderator

In all probability, and unless he was part of this homo-priest problem, your priest deserves better treatment, too.
    Denton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    In all probability, and unless he was part of this homo-priest problem, your priest deserves better treatment, too.
    I was only joking. Father Joe and Father Mike were awesome. I have nothing bad so say about them. Only good things.
    Annie and Denton like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I have no doubt you were a butt ugly kid my friend. However, that is not why you escaped being assaulted. Human predators, like in nature, look for the weak to prey on. These priests knew to groom the kids from broken families or the ones with troubles at home. I'm guessing you had a good family life and that is what spared you from their advances.
    My parents were awesome but I really believe the Preists in my Parish at that time we’re good men serving Christ. I can not speak for those I do not know or did not inter act with. The Church does have a huge problem that it failed for decades and probably centuries to deal with properly.
    Sasquatch and Slippy like this.

Super Moderator

My parents were awesome but I really believe the Preists in my Parish at that time we’re good men serving Christ. I can not speak for those I do not know or did not inter act with. The Church does have a huge problem that it failed for decades and probably centuries to deal with properly.
    The infiltration started in the late 40's and early 50's. Many of these men were raised to high ranking positions within the Catholic Church. These formed the "St. Gallen Mafia" or "Lavender Mafia"
    Camel923 likes this.

The priests at my teenage parish were also good men. The issue is the number of those who did abuse young boys. In one article I read about twenty years ago--at the heyday of the abuse--it was postulated that fully 35% of the priests had engaged in this behavior. You might remember this era as when the church shuffled numerous priests around the USA, probably to hide the pasts of the offenders.

Didn't the pope also get involved in this mess to winnow out the bad apples?
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links