Brave Kid, my son
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Brave Kid, my son

This is a discussion on Brave Kid, my son within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; We went to a talent show for the home school co-op last night. They had music and dance and art (drawing). My 10 year old ...

Like Tree23Likes
  • 14 Post By Maine-Marine
  • 1 Post By NewRiverGeorge
  • 2 Post By RedLion
  • 2 Post By Slippy
  • 1 Post By Camel923
  • 2 Post By Maine-Marine
  • 1 Post By Chipper

Thread: Brave Kid, my son

Brave Kid, my son

We went to a talent show for the home school co-op last night. They had music and dance and art (drawing). My 10 year old played Take me home country roads on guitar and then played an original on piano (titled Jammin on the streets of America).

When it was all over the shows host said that they were sorry it was a short program and asked if anybody student or parents wanted to come up and play a song. My 8 year old raised his hand and went up and played a song on the piano.- and the crowd went wild. Wife said to me, did you video tape that, I said no.. he took me by surprise and I totally forget.

Host told us later that she had made that offer for the last 17 years they had been doing to show and Alex was the first person to every take her up on it...

Brave little bugger
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    We went to a talent show for the home school co-op last night. They had music and dance and art (drawing). My 10 year old played Take me home country roads on guitar and then played an original on piano (titled Jammin on the streets of America).

When it was all over the shows host said that they were sorry it was a short program and asked if anybody student or parents wanted to come up and play a song. My 8 year old raised his hand and went up and played a song on the piano.- and the crowd went wild. Wife said to me, did you video tape that, I said no.. he took me by surprise and I totally forget.

Host told us later that she had made that offer for the last 17 years they had been doing to show and Alex was the first person to every take her up on it...

Brave little bugger
    You had me at Country Roads...
    Maine-Marine likes this.
    Lamentations 3:22 KJV
    It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

That is awesome when kids learn to take healthy risks and find out that they can succeed. I try to challenge my two daughters to take similar healthy risks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Excellent MM!

Tell the kids that they have earned the coveted "SLIPPY APPROVED" Medal of the Day!

(They of course can now brag about the SA Medal to all their friends and be the coolest kids in school! Life is Indeed Better with the SLIPPY APPROVED MEDAL!)
    Marica and Maine-Marine like this.

Bravo. Shows you and your wife are making great decisions with your kids that they would be so confident and competent.
    Maine-Marine likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Excellent MM!

Tell the kids that they have earned the coveted "SLIPPY APPROVED" Medal of the Day!

(They of course can now brag about the SA Medal to all their friends and be the coolest kids in school! Life is Indeed Better with the SLIPPY APPROVED MEDAL!)

I told my kids and they asked me "what the hell can we do with that dad!" - ok ok I paraphrased their open mouth head bob of confusion.

I handed them a $5 and said get some ice cream
    Slippy and Prepared One like this.
    Be a Berean

So there is still some hope for the younger generation.
    1skrewsloose likes this.

Sponsored Links