Cable News Shows
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Cable News Shows

This is a discussion on Cable News Shows within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I had to go out of town earlier this week for a few days, and in the motel in the evening, I turned on the ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By rice paddy daddy
  • 1 Post By Denton
  • 1 Post By The Tourist
  • 1 Post By soyer38301
  • 4 Post By Sasquatch
  • 1 Post By The Tourist
  • 1 Post By Sasquatch
  • 1 Post By StratMaster

Thread: Cable News Shows

The Good Cop

Cable News Shows

I had to go out of town earlier this week for a few days, and in the motel in the evening, I turned on the TV.
    We haven't had any "cable" TV here at the homestead since we got rid of the satellite dish 6 or 7 years ago. In fact, we rarely watch ANY TV AT ALL anymore.

So, to see what I've been missing, I pickled through all the channels - Animal, History, A&E, etc.
    Bunch of boring stuff. I see "Swamp People" is still doing their shtick.

However, I was shocked to see what drivel Fox News was peddling. It was just as obnoxious as MSNBC, and CNN.
    I can not BELIEVE that I used to turn Fox News on every night after watching the local news, and watch it until bed time. I never realized what hysterical BS it was spewing.

Just like the leftist channels, Fox is manipulating its viewers like little automatons. All to make money from advertisers by getting the viewers to keep tuning in.

No wonder there is so much strife, anger and dissent in this country today. It is Big Business, and it is well crafted to psychologically affect the viewers.

And, no wonder my stress levels went way down after getting rid of the satellite and not inviting that trash into my house every day.

Turn it off, folks. Your mental and physical health will improve.
    Denton, Slippy and soyer38301 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

I watch FNC for about five minutes before I scream, "Where's the damned news?" and go back to the Game Show Network. Either that or the food channel that my wife loves.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I haven't watched TV in several years--I don't even remember when I quit. I listen to AM radio, and I get enough silly talk shows and local weather to keep me about as informed as I could be. Other than that, I also depend on Denton to call me periodically and report on the southern area of the country. That's all I need, I don't need to scare myself any further...
    Denton likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The "news" is never on at my house. I glean info from elsewhere since all the news shows are propaganda from one side or the other...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Denton likes this.

Well, I will admit that I listen to the news "by accident." I leave 1310AM radio on most of the day while I'm working or even napping. They play the news at the hour and the half-hour. From 4:00Am until 6:00AM it's all traffic and weather. Then it's three hours of local citizen reviews and other boring offerings. At 9:00AM the trend changes, the talk radio begins. By that time someone has been shot or the local guy steals from Limbaugh.

The rest of the stations that come in clearly are simply two religious stations, a Spanish music station and a lousy sports show with three guys fighting for air time.

Super Moderator

Think back when Trump was elected. CNN and MSNBC went into full hysterical mode. And it worked. Their ratings went up. The heads were making money off the sheep and the Left was getting out their propaganda. A win/win for them. But now that the Russian collusion has been shown to be a farce the pendulum has swung the other way. CNN and MSNBC have tanked in the ratings and FOX is now dominating.

They are all nothing more than alarmists trying to make money and drive their agenda.

Personally I have never turned on FOX to watch it. I've seen it when my Dad has it on or it's on a TV in a public place. I prefer to seek out actual news rather than being told what to think.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I prefer to seek out actual news rather than being told what to think.
    You bring up a good point. But how can we make sure we are getting "news" instead of "news with an opinion"?

The only way I tough it out is putting various sources against each other. I'd like to take the newspaper again, then catch the radio news and perhaps some TV. If one of them does a 'hyperbole' I know I'm being stroked. Perhaps that's why I listen to the Brewers' game before I nod off...
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    You bring up a good point. But how can we make sure we are getting "news" instead of "news with an opinion"?

The only way I tough it out is putting various sources against each other. I'd like to take the newspaper again, then catch the radio news and perhaps some TV. If one of them does a 'hyperbole' I know I'm being stroked. Perhaps that's why I listen to the Brewers' game before I nod off...
    The Brewers game probably makes you nod off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    A Watchman likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

I watch the local news. They seem to be more on point and keep me informed of the local shenanigans. I watch very little of the cable news outlets unless something significant is going on. I gave up on the NBC, ABC, CBS, nonsense years ago. If anything is on opposite the Kardashians I will never see it.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

There IS no news... local, regional, or national. Just a script.

Slippy likes this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Sponsored Links