Wifes new Vehicle
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wifes new Vehicle

This is a discussion on Wifes new Vehicle within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; We stopped buying NEW cars years and years ago We just traded in my wives 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan with 214,860 miles for a 2012 ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By Maine-Marine
  • 1 Post By bigwheel
  • 2 Post By Smitty901
  • 2 Post By Maine-Marine
  • 2 Post By bigwheel
  • 1 Post By Steve40th
  • 2 Post By stevekozak
  • 2 Post By Slippy

Thread: Wifes new Vehicle

Wifes new Vehicle

We stopped buying NEW cars years and years ago

We just traded in my wives 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan with 214,860 miles for a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan.

We got $300 for the trade in.. ac was busted, tires were old, rust on all the panels and tail gate, and there was a small oil leak... $300 was scrap price
    Joe and rice paddy daddy like this.
    Be a Berean

I went the other way. My wife is a teacher and has to drive wherever she is stationed and in any weather. I bought her a new Escape.

Oh, don't worry, we're not eating dog food. My F-150 is 25 yeas old, all paid for and is truly bulletproof. I only drive locally, or when we need to pick up something heavy and cumbersome.

She also stole my 360PD, so I don't worry about her and traveling. She does worry about me, however...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Congrats on the new sled. We have become addicted to jap cars made by non uniionized peckerwoods in Alabammy or somewhere. That was when we got our 2011 Tundra hot rod pickup a few years back. Already has 30 k on the dial. Seems very well built. Then my brother gave me a 92 Classic Lexus 8 banger with near 200k on the meter. I love that car. Its leaking from the moon roof. Im threatening to just caulk it shut since I never open it. What kinda calk should I use? Thanks.
    Slippy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I tend to buy new and keep it until I am done with it. Then give it to someone. Last year we purchased a Dodge Grand Caravan converted to a full dropped floor for wheel chairs. The conversion adds about 18K to the price It had 23.000 miles on it. Now has 52,000 doing fine so far. For a van will will go if you hit the fuel. Payton sure likes it.
    bigwheel and Slippy like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

for us with 3 kids and baseball, church activities , home school groups, etc, etc... the 7 seats and stow and go is perfect
    bigwheel and Smitty901 like this.
    Be a Berean

We had a one ton Ford Hippy van back in the 80s. It could hold an amazing amount of people and supplies.
    Slippy and Maine-Marine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Congrats on the new sled. We have become addicted to jap cars made by non uniionized peckerwoods in Alabammy or somewhere. That was when we got our 2011 Tundra hot rod pickup a few years back. Already has 30 k on the dial. Seems very well built. Then my brother gave me a 92 Classic Lexus 8 banger with near 200k on the meter. I love that car. Its leaking from the moon roof. Im threatening to just caulk it shut since I never open it. What kinda calk should I use? Thanks.
    Your drain tubes are probably clogged. Simple fix with air or long piece of stiff wire..
    Slippy likes this.

You damn'd Ol Traitor! I am filling in for Hogrider today.....
    Slippy and A Watchman like this.

bigwheel,

Get you some White Lightning Caulk and a big ass putty knife and you'll have that moon roof sealed up nice in no time flat. If you are getting your illegals to fix the moon roof for you, White Lightning comes in tubes with Mescin Words on the tube so not to confuse the little burrito munchers!

Name:  23275851580_WL0004002_APelsellador-400x500.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  12.1 KB

https://www.wlcaulk.com/

...or the drain tubes are clogged....
    stevekozak and A Watchman like this.

@bigwheel

How to find the drain tubes on your lexus' moon roof

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discus...16041_ds585502

Sponsored Links