Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Want to feel better about your day?

4K views 54 replies 28 participants last post by  Annie 
#1 ·
I just paid $73.00 to fill up my truck. Remember, I dont let my tank get below halfway.

California puts the F U in fun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#2 ·
How much is a gallon there?

Costs me $45 for supreme. My tank is only 13 gallons though.

#8 ·
Couple of the things I like about Medford: 1) When underpasses are poured, there are truckloads of jagged rocks placed into the concrete. There is no place to sit or lay down under there. 2) There is an ordinance against passing anything - food, spare change, what have you - from a vehicle to a pedestrian. Targets the drivers whose misguided charity ruins a city for everyone paying the bills. As a result, we don't HAVE some bum parked on a bucket at every single corner like Eugene does.

#6 ·
LA is the worst. Seattle is coming up in the game. Seen way to many f’d up things in Seattle. Heroin addiction is a plague that needs more attention.

Reactions: Annie
#12 ·
I just paid $73.00 to fill up my truck. Remember, I dont let my tank get below halfway.

California puts the F U in fun.

My truck is 33 gallons it cost me over 70 bucks to fill.

#14 ·
As I have reported, my V-8 F-150 will sometimes make that "ticking" noise when accelerating or going up hill. The manual--for what it's worth--claims that regular grade gasoline is all that is needed. In my area most fuel has corn in it.

Being cheap, I add a few bucks of premium to the tank, then top it off with regular. The ticking or pinging goes away and it's about 3 bucks more per tank to do it this way. I never run below 1/2 tank, and the beast has lasted more than 25 years.

#16 ·
As I have reported, my V-8 F-150 will sometimes make that "ticking" noise when accelerating or going up hill. The manual--for what it's worth--claims that regular grade gasoline is all that is needed. In my area most fuel has corn in it.

Being cheap, I add a few bucks of premium to the tank, then top it off with regular. The ticking or pinging goes away and it's about 3 bucks more per tank to do it this way. I never run below 1/2 tank, and the beast has lasted more than 25 years.
Its called "spark knock"

#19 ·
In Wisconsin, they just added a 9% "surcharge" on gasoline at the pump. As gas prices go up, so does the amount of this surcharge.

A lobbyist in our area states that this surcharge does not go against the price or transportation of fuel, it just goes to the libtards. I do not know how accurate this epithet really is.

#20 ·
Surcharge, fee, toll, bond are all different words for TAX. But usually if they use one of those words they can bypass the will of the people. That, of course, is called tyranny.

#21 ·
Checking the fill-up receipt from this morning:
Gallons: 24.64
Blend: 89
Price: $2.689
Total: 66.26

I can run the really bad stuff (85% ethanol) if I want to run to Kroger, but I generally like to treat my engine and fuel system nicely, and give it the decent stuff once in a while. My brother-in-law mechanic said it reduces carbon build-up to run a higher octane once in a while. Good for injectors and pistons.
He also recommends an "Italian tune-up" once in while too.
Take it out for a spin, hammer down on the gas, crank those RPMs and blow the crud out.
Engines are designed to push 6-8K RPMs easily, yet with modern driving, rarely ever do. It's actually good for them every now and then. Mine will push 10K without breaking a sweat, so I have fun once in while. (there is no PRM "red zone" on the dash of a 5.0 Coyote :tango_face_grin:)

#22 ·
Right you are @Kauboy!

HOWEVER...you done gone and done it! Opened up the can of ethanol worms...:vs_mad: I. HATE. ETHANOL.

Ethanol makes no sense to me. Take good food and good fuel and burn the good fuel to turn the good food into bad fuel. Not to mention grossly over-pay the farmers with my tax dollars to utilize their assets to grow the food in the first place

Another example of government over reach and regulations gone wild.

Thanks Kauboy :vs_mad: (and I was having a good day dang it!:vs_peace:)

#23 ·
Slip, who says the food they use is "good"? Here in Wisconsin they have a way of bleeding off the ethanol and feeding the corn back to the cattle. Not one domestic tortilla's life is taken in the midst of this debauchery.

Besides, I'll eat creamed corn only about twice per year, and because The Corn Fest is held in my burg, I usually avoid the entire nightmare.

#24 ·
Slip, who says the food they use is "good"? Here in Wisconsin they have a way of bleeding off the ethanol and feeding the corn back to the cattle. Not one domestic tortilla's life is taken in the midst of this debauchery.

Besides, I'll eat creamed corn only about twice per year, and because The Corn Fest is held in my burg, I usually avoid the entire nightmare.
McDaniels is in the livestock biz to supplement all that squeezed corn off cast - there's mountains & mountains of it - same same with veggie oil production ...

#36 ·
2008 and 2012 was when we hit $4+ here. Paid $3.67 monday at Costco which is only about a dime cheaper than the regular stations, Costco usually average around 50 cents cheaper.

Glad I only have a 26 gal tank :plain:

#41 ·
2.63 for Regular here in Houston.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.