Want to feel better about your day? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Want to feel better about your day?

This is a discussion on Want to feel better about your day? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by StratMaster Couple of the things I like about Medford: 1) When underpasses are poured, there are truckloads of jagged rocks placed into ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Want to feel better about your day?

  1. #11
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Couple of the things I like about Medford: 1) When underpasses are poured, there are truckloads of jagged rocks placed into the concrete. There is no place to sit or lay down under there. 2) There is an ordinance against passing anything - food, spare change, what have you - from a vehicle to a pedestrian. Targets the drivers whose misguided charity ruins a city for everyone paying the bills. As a result, we don't HAVE some bum parked on a bucket at every single corner like Eugene does.
    Good on Medford!! I hate beggars of any kind!!!
    StratMaster likes this.

  2. #12
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I just paid $73.00 to fill up my truck. Remember, I dont let my tank get below halfway.

    California puts the F U in fun.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    My truck is 33 gallons it cost me over 70 bucks to fill.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

  3. #13
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,512
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    My truck is 33 gallons it cost me over 70 bucks to fill.

    I was trying to remember the other day how many years it's been since gas hit over $4 a gallon ....
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,753
    As I have reported, my V-8 F-150 will sometimes make that "ticking" noise when accelerating or going up hill. The manual--for what it's worth--claims that regular grade gasoline is all that is needed. In my area most fuel has corn in it.

    Being cheap, I add a few bucks of premium to the tank, then top it off with regular. The ticking or pinging goes away and it's about 3 bucks more per tank to do it this way. I never run below 1/2 tank, and the beast has lasted more than 25 years.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

  6. #15
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    I was trying to remember the other day how many years it's been since gas hit over $4 a gallon ....
    2.99 here now. Yeah its been only what 5 or 6 maybe 7 years since 4 bucks per gallon. Back then it was over a hundy to fill my truck.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

  7. #16
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    As I have reported, my V-8 F-150 will sometimes make that "ticking" noise when accelerating or going up hill. The manual--for what it's worth--claims that regular grade gasoline is all that is needed. In my area most fuel has corn in it.

    Being cheap, I add a few bucks of premium to the tank, then top it off with regular. The ticking or pinging goes away and it's about 3 bucks more per tank to do it this way. I never run below 1/2 tank, and the beast has lasted more than 25 years.
    Its called "spark knock"
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

  8. #17
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Goose Creek SC
    Posts
    2,091
    Gas tax..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Want to feel better about your day?-gas-tax-july-2018-1024x980.png  

    Slippy, SGG, Denton and 1 others like this.

  9. #18
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wherever won't get me hit.
    Posts
    17,551
    Government regulations increase the cost of fuel. Reduce/eliminate regulations especially EPA regs and we will bring gas back to 1.50/gallon or below. Oil companies then can sell oil for around $30-40/barrel and everyone makes/saves money.
    stevekozak likes this.

  10. #19
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,753
    In Wisconsin, they just added a 9% "surcharge" on gasoline at the pump. As gas prices go up, so does the amount of this surcharge.

    A lobbyist in our area states that this surcharge does not go against the price or transportation of fuel, it just goes to the libtards. I do not know how accurate this epithet really is.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

  11. #20
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hiding in plain sight
    Posts
    8,072
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    In Wisconsin, they just added a 9% "surcharge" on gasoline at the pump. As gas prices go up, so does the amount of this surcharge.

    A lobbyist in our area states that this surcharge does not go against the price or transportation of fuel, it just goes to the libtards. I do not know how accurate this epithet really is.
    Surcharge, fee, toll, bond are all different words for TAX. But usually if they use one of those words they can bypass the will of the people. That, of course, is called tyranny.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

 

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Illegals are just hard workers that want a better life
    By Sasquatch in forum General Talk
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-17-2017, 07:44 PM
  2. Feel Good Story Of The Day...
    By Prepper News in forum General Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2016, 04:59 PM
  3. Range Day...Better Than Hump Day
    By bigdogbuc in forum General Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-05-2014, 04:23 PM
  4. It is sad, I don't feel I can say what I want to
    By Montana Rancher in forum General Talk
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 05:12 AM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Back to Top