Compare the Denver School Shooting Coverage - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Compare the Denver School Shooting Coverage

This is a discussion on Compare the Denver School Shooting Coverage within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Annie It's not only just, it also gives the families closier. AND disincentivizes future offenses. Something we have gotten too far away ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Compare the Denver School Shooting Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    It's not only just, it also gives the families closier.
    AND disincentivizes future offenses. Something we have gotten too far away from.
    Denton and stevekozak like this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    AND disincentivizes future offenses. Something we have gotten too far away from.
    I hope you're right. However, there's been a lot of radio reports here about shootings near Columbine. I believe the stats are five school shootings within a 20 mile radius. Everyone who participates in these attacks is either shot or arrested. It's a 100% failure rate, and it still goes on.

Is a lifetime in prison worth five minutes of fame? I guess so, that is, if you're a whacko.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Seeing some reports now that the school guard fired his weapon during the event. Seeing reports that he fired on responding officer and may also have fired at at least one kid. One assumes by mistake. This might clear up some of the weirdness in the reporting. The kids claimed the whole attack took about 30 seconds before the shooters were subdued. The news reports the cops got there in about 2 minutes. The cops report hearing gunshots when they got there. Obviously these statements do not seem to go together. The reporting on this event has been very very strange. Lots of quotes and few facts. It has been impossible to tell who did what. Which shooter shoot what kids, and who exactly subdued who. All that raises red flags in my paranoid brain.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    It has been impossible to tell who did what. Which shooter shoot what kids, and who exactly subdued who. All that raises red flags in my paranoid brain.
    Probably the Tachypsychia syndrome. The kids might have said "30 seconds" but time slows down and most people get tunnel vision. Besides, after the police got there they would have secured all the firearms whether they were fired or not. That includes the guard's weapon. They will also have all the spent bullets so they can tell who fired what. They should be easily able to reconstruct the shooting.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    The 18 year old (Kendrick Castillo) who lost his life trying to rush the shooter, now that is a man. Would that we had more young men like him. This country would be a better place. My heart breaks for his family, I know something about the grief. May God reward him in eternity and console his family here on earth despite all they'll have to suffer.
    I give no credence nor credit to monsters, so I won't bother addressing the murderers.

However, this man, Kendrick Castillo, deserves to be remembered in every way we can imagine.
    From the article:
    "It was immediate, nonhesitation, immediate jump into action," Bialy said of Castillo's reaction. "The gunman was there and then he was against the wall and didn't know what the hell hit him."
    Damn fine work, son. Damn fine. He saved so many lives at the cost of his own. A true hero. His father is rightly torn between anguish and overflowing pride for his son. You raised that boy right, sir. Be proud of his sacrifice.
    "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." - John 15:13
    Annie, Denton, StratMaster and 1 others like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Compare the Denver School Shooting Coverage-kendrick-castillo-kendrick-18-years-old-he-55871661.png
    Slippy likes this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links