The Course We're On - Page 3

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The Course We're On

This is a discussion on The Course We're On within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by The Tourist I agree. However, in the case of Yavanna, her government makes what we view as "survival" to be outright impossible. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: The Course We're On

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    I agree. However, in the case of Yavanna, her government makes what we view as "survival" to be outright impossible. For example, she confided that she is out of the shadow of local cities, so I surmised I could help her with a folder or two. She admitted such a shipment would never make their customs inspectors since foreign knives were outlawed. So get this, I have five pockets in my jeans--two in the front, two in the back and a fob pocket. Under Brazilian law, three of my pockets are internationally illegal. I wonder if my underwear would pass customs...
    I think people in under developed countries will fair better than many of those in the first world. You can look at Venezuela and sure it's bad. still it's gonna be worse here than it is now down there. We're not used to suffering on the whole.

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk
    inceptor likes this.
    Amen, amen I say to you, that you shall lament and weep, but the world shall rejoice; and you shall be made sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Yavanna sent me a brief video of a airplane making a pass over her city. Very peaceful place. The only thing I noticed was that there were fewer parked cars, and the streets had mostly bus traffic on them. You could probably do the same thing over my little burg and not many could tell the difference.

I must admit, I do like the expanded freedom of my home country. I had a doctor's appointment today, and I did not stop and empty my pockets, because it's no one's business what I carry under my State's change in position over the last 18 months. Sure, we have a libtard governor now, but he gets to sit and spin or he can enforce the freedoms we had before him. Only in America...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Actually, foreign knives are not forbidden, but importing them is. Even decorative swords cannot be imported by mail. You can import knives (as kitchen/camping instruments) if you have a registered company and go on with all of the importation paperwork, pay all the taxes, than you can get knifes and resell them if you wish. Very complicated thing.
    If something will kill this country, it is buroucracy 😂😂
    But our new president is making the gun ouwnership easier, at least.
    Prepared One and stevekozak like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like this thread has saddled up its horse and rode off in all directions. Since things have progressed to such an extent I wanted to tell yall about a pretty cool radio show I been listening to. They seem solid have a web page etc. I been listening to them the past few days and aint heard any Bible foo paws as of yet. They discuss deep stuff with not commercials on the AM anyway. Strictly supported by donations they say.
    http://www.thenarrowpath.com/
    Last edited by bigwheel; 05-08-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pakrat View Post
    It occurs to me that we’re witnessing the prelude to events that could socially, politically, if not economically, paralyze this country. As the pendulum of investigations and exposure of corrupt and illegal government activity reverses direction and builds momentum like the vengeful reapers scythe, the level and scope of anti-American actors seems to be taking on an exponential progression.

My concern is that this approaching crescendo of purported clarity will be unavoidably synchronized with the 2020 election. This has the potential to become a runaway horse (more like runaway reactor) that no one can rein in. The truth, if we can truly expect to know it, is an entity of its own and could shake the very foundation of what we as citizens think we know, understand and express trust in.

The timing and potential of what is becoming the centerpiece of media reporting has the ear marks of a well orchestrated master manipulation; a multi-tiered scam. The Lib’s scammed the justice system and the American people with a dossier and an investigation, but in the process the Lib’s themselves have been scammed through their blind desire to change America into their warped image. Now, caught in lies, deception and possibly treason, one of the two pillars of American politics could very well suffer an un-survivable blow; and by extension, the country itself. Were they lured into a sure-to-fail scenario by enemies of our nation and now, by pursuing justice for the wrongs done, are we predictably and with great determination cutting our own wrists?

The Democratic Party has long been a component of the body and soul of this country. I’m not expressing sympathy for wrong doers, but we’ve been set on a course to begin hacking away at one of our own limbs. First the Dem’s at the Republicans and now the reverse. With an approaching election year, does anyone see this going well? We may cut off the offending appendage only to bleed out as a nation.
    Let me put it this way...its like watching Dallas and Pittsburg play football....I want them both to lose, cause fuck football. Our Identity as a Nation is not our politics, our politicians, or our Government...It is the spirit of freedom that is indelible of most Americans. We will reform what is torn down because its like those pictures of a boat hidden in the dots...once you see it...you can't unsee it no matter how hard you may try.

Quote Originally Posted by Yavanna View Post
    Actually, foreign knives are not forbidden, but importing them is. Even decorative swords cannot be imported by mail. You can import knives (as kitchen/camping instruments) if you have a registered company and go on with all of the importation paperwork, pay all the taxes, than you can get knifes and resell them if you wish. Very complicated thing.
    If something will kill this country, it is buroucracy ����
    But our new president is making the gun ouwnership easier, at least.
    Caught this the other day. At least your going in the right direction.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bolsona...ns-11557344770
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Yavanna, it sounds like the hoops you have to jump through in your country mirror places like California here. Technically, it is legal to buy guns in California, but the waiting periods, the licensing and the regulations make the "right" almost impossible.

Thankfully, our former Republican governor got the CCW provision and laws favoring knives passed before a liberal governor took over.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links