"Easter Worshippers?" - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

"Easter Worshippers?"

This is a discussion on "Easter Worshippers?" within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Inor You can tell how Christian somebody is by a church attendance record? What about folks that cannot take Sunday as a ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: "Easter Worshippers?"

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    You can tell how Christian somebody is by a church attendance record? What about folks that cannot take Sunday as a weekend day due to work schedules? Scripture tells us to "Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy". It does not specify which day of the week is the Sabbath. It only specifies that one day in seven should be remembered as a Holy day. Is the Sabbath the last day of the week? If so, then Saturday should be the Sabbath for every Western nation except France and the province of Quebec since Sunday is actually considered the first day of the week in non-French speaking countries. If the Sabbath is not the last day of the week, then why is it called "the Sabbath"?

So I am curious, how can you so certainly proclaim yourself to be a better Christian than the 300+ people that died last weekend because of the faith they were following?
    I was a bit confused about that, myself.
    Am I a "good Christian?" Not by my standards. Then again, I didn't make it for Easter service. That makes me better? As a matter of fact, I haven't been to church in years. Does that make me best, by that reasoning? Apparently. Then again, I might be confused.

Here's my reasoning. I don't measure a person by where they sit, one day a week. I measure them by where they stand, every single day.
    Slippy, inceptor, Inor and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I go to church every Sunday.
    As a sinner myself, I fit right in.

That said...
    "Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship..." - Thomas Jefferson
    Denton and inceptor like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Name:  cccclCapture.JPG
Views: 14
Size:  26.1 KB
    Denton and bigwheel like this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    They are catching flak among conservative Christians but the general media wont pick up on this. After eight years of refusing to identify radical Islam as a perpetrator in any act but eager to point out islamaphobia when ever they are victims is getting sick to the extreme. It’s not just obama, hilda, but the entire demonic empire of the left. Hell what did little miss Omar call Norte Dame a center of art and history or something like that?
    I know! that drove me crazy. When the cathedral was going up in flames, I turned on one of the cable news stations (I forget which one now), and they're like, 'Oh, it's not just a Catholic church, it's a cultural and historical center.
    Denton and stowlin like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I was a bit confused about that, myself.
    Am I a "good Christian?" Not by my standards. Then again, I didn't make it for Easter service. That makes me better? As a matter of fact, I haven't been to church in years. Does that make me best, by that reasoning? Apparently. Then again, I might be confused.

Here's my reasoning. I don't measure a person by where they sit, one day a week. I measure them by where they stand, every single day.
    A good Christian is the one who knows how to say, "Have mercy on me a sinner.", then does their best to do what God asks him to do.

The events of the times show that this world is passing away, but Jesus Christ makes al things new. We don't worship Easter, we worship the One who gave it to us.
    Last edited by Annie; 04-25-2019 at 06:20 AM.
    inceptor, Denton, bigwheel and 1 others like this.

11 pointes of marxism includes ridding society of Religion. Islam is not a religion as much as it is a government
    https://europathelastbattle.wordpres...r-evil-agenda/
    Denton and bigwheel like this.

Stone Wall Jackson made his "Sundays" on days there was no battle and no matter where he was
    bigwheel likes this.

Writings like this are covered in the how to book of the "Communist Manifesto", its how they break down peoples faith in religion

You can tell how Christian somebody is by a church attendance record? What about folks that cannot take Sunday as a weekend day due to work schedules? Scripture tells us to "Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy". It does not specify which day of the week is the Sabbath. It only specifies that one day in seven should be remembered as a Holy day. Is the Sabbath the last day of the week? If so, then Saturday should be the Sabbath for every Western nation except France and the province of Quebec since Sunday is actually considered the first day of the week in non-French speaking countries. If the Sabbath is not the last day of the week, then why is it called "the Sabbath"?

So I am curious, how can you so certainly proclaim yourself to be a better Christian than the 300+ people that died last weekend because of the faith they were following?
    MY POINT IS- you can not tell christian by the fact they are in church on easter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not say that you had to attend church to be a christian at all.. you added that. In fact I was openly casting doubt at people that attend just on certain holidays

and as far as the sabbath goes unless you are a Jew you are under NO obligation to observe any day as the sabbath... the sabbath is not a day.. it is Jesus!!! Christian are under no obligation to follow the 10 commandments.. our heritage is via Abraham's Faith not the curse of the law. We are told NOT to put ourselves back under the law

and where in my OP did I claim to be better then anybody???? please tell me that!!!!!

ponder these

Gal 3 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? 3 Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh?[a] 4 Have you experienced[b] so much in vain—if it really was in vain? 5 So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard? 6 So also Abraham “believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”[c]

7 Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham. 8 Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.”[d] 9 So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”[e] 11 Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith.”[f] 12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, “The person who does these things will live by them.”[g] 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”[h] 14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.
    The Law and the Promise

15 Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case. 16 The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,”[i] meaning one person, who is Christ. 17 What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise. 18 For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on the promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

in all seriousness.. your post show the level of most "christians" today... they learned a few things in bible study as a 5th grader, attended a few services with their grandmother.. and think they understand everything they need to know

that is why people think they are still under the 10 commandments, are not suppose to judge, and saying a prayer saves them.......
    bigwheel likes this.
    Be a Berean

You can tell how Christian somebody is by a church attendance record?
    Where did I say that attendance equaled being a christian??? I pointed out (correctly) that many people folk to churches on Easter, Christmas, and weddings...

What about folks that cannot take Sunday as a weekend day due to work schedules?
    The bible tells us to NOT FORSAKE the assembling together... they can meet on wednesday, friday, saturday, every other tuesday

Scripture tells us to "Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy". It does not specify which day of the week is the Sabbath. It only specifies that one day in seven should be remembered as a Holy day. Is the Sabbath the last day of the week? If so, then Saturday should be the Sabbath for every Western nation except France and the province of Quebec since Sunday is actually considered the first day of the week in non-French speaking countries. If the Sabbath is not the last day of the week, then why is it called "the Sabbath"?
    please show me where non jews are required, instructed or commanded to keep the sabbath. pretty sure you will not find one place that tells Followers of Jesus to keep any Sabbath

oh.. and Church (to a follower of Jesus Christ) is not a building.. it is a body of believers

please quote the part where I said I was better then the people that were killed
    Be a Berean

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links