legacies and forgiveness - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

legacies and forgiveness

This is a discussion on legacies and forgiveness within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I have often thought about this... what legacy to pass down. my conclusion... the legacy handed to me was hard work, faith, and loyalty.... my ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: legacies and forgiveness

I have often thought about this... what legacy to pass down.

my conclusion... the legacy handed to me was hard work, faith, and loyalty.... my kids do not know my grandfather, he died before they were old enough. my kids do not know my mother , she died at 49.... anything I could give them would not have an impact

A guy I barely know gave my oldest son (that joined the Marines) his K-Bar that he carried in Vietnam.. that has more meaning to him then any thing I could give him from my family

I have some cabbage patch dolls my mother had.. I think often about who should get them. Also a somewhat nice stamp collection - none of my kids are interested

my oldest has my 30-30 from my teen years, my next oldest has a 30-30 I bought to replace it...

anyway... most people have no shared memory's or even real knowledge of past family members past 3-4 generations....

ANYWAY - I think Faith, Hard work, and loyalty are the best legacies to hand down ..everything else is material that is immaterial
    Chiefster23 likes this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    I have often thought about this... what legacy to pass down.

my conclusion... the legacy handed to me was hard work, faith, and loyalty.... my kids do not know my grandfather, he died before they were old enough. my kids do not know my mother , she died at 49.... anything I could give them would not have an impact

A guy I barely know gave my oldest son (that joined the Marines) his K-Bar that he carried in Vietnam.. that has more meaning to him then any thing I could give him from my family

I have some cabbage patch dolls my mother had.. I think often about who should get them. Also a somewhat nice stamp collection - none of my kids are interested

my oldest has my 30-30 from my teen years, my next oldest has a 30-30 I bought to replace it...

anyway... most people have no shared memory's or even real knowledge of past family members past 3-4 generations....

ANYWAY - I think Faith, Hard work, and loyalty are the best legacies to hand down ..everything else is material that is immaterial
    I agree and for the most part I have asked to be removed from all wills. My grand father died last year....his will was clear and there were properties that were to go to my mothers surviving children. I had already explained that I would be giving any and all to my brothers once it was adjudicated.

well, now that my uncle is the executor....he is not executing the will. I have no direct involvement in this, but it breeds resentment. it shows the ugliness that exists in people.
    RedLion and Denton like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post

well, now that my uncle is the executor....he is not executing the will...
    I know a guy who knows some guys that may be enticed to pay your uncle a visit. Some Zip-Ties, a pair of Pliers, 3 pillow cases and 6 cans of coke-a-cola have been known to help "motivate" a man...
    Denton and A Watchman like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I know a guy who knows some guys that may be enticed to pay your uncle a visit. Some Zip-Ties, a pair of Pliers, 3 pillow cases and 6 cans of coke-a-cola have been known to help "motivate" a man...
    Guido and Lorenzo.... I know them well
    Slippy likes this.
    Be a Berean

never needed to out source what I needed done. but thanks for the offer. they will meet up again one day and he'll have to explain directly.
    Slippy and Denton like this.

Thinking about all this stuff to keep from thinking about something else, isn’t that what secret police are all about?

Half mile west of where Jesus left His sandals.
    Quick story. Not gun related, but legacy related.

My grandpaw was born Christmas day, 1911. named Carol. Great grandpaw and grandmaw was given a mantle clock with a chicken on it. Up to my generation everybody was fighting chickens, so some significance. Grandpaw died in 1963. Dad told grandmaw the only thing he wanted was the clock when she passed, he was the oldest child and also was the only one still fighting chickens. Fast forward 35 years later. An out-of-state aunt asked grandmaw who at this time had very bad Alzheimers, if her daughter, my cousin, could have the clock upon grandmaws passing. Sure. grandmaw forgot it was promised to Dad 35 years prior. about 6 years later, after Dad died, we had the funeral. At the fellowship lunch at the church, the out-of-state aunt immediately brought up the clock, and wanted to take it back home for my cousin. In a bad moment I agreed. Next day she came over to pick up the clock. I had already removed the pendulum. 15 years later, nobody has ever called and asked about it. I know clocks need a pendulum that is specifically weighted for that particular clock. This tells me it didn't mean crap to my cousin, and it is probably sitting in a box in a closet somewhere. Pisses me off!
    Slippy and Denton like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links