legacies and forgiveness - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

legacies and forgiveness

This is a discussion on legacies and forgiveness within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by bigwheel Ok we all love the Old SF guy by way of Camp Legune in these parts, We are just tying to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: legacies and forgiveness

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Ok we all love the Old SF guy by way of Camp Legune in these parts, We are just tying to gouge him in the eye in an unexpected manner.
    Seems you are an asshole. Welcome to the crew. Asshole!
    bigwheel likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

You can pick your fiends, you can pick your nose. You just can not pick your family.
    Denton and Annie like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I had to ponder on this for my wife has somewhat picked her family. She has three brothers that we won’t shed a tear over, all three responsible for a total of 14 millennial morons if you ask me. They bickered bad when her parents left, thought she had enough ( due to her diligence mind you ) that their parents wealth shouldn’t be hers equally even though her parents were the fairest people I can remember. She has cut them out of her life 100% and it still pleases her they don’t even know which country she lives in.

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    You can pick your fiends, you can pick your nose. You just can not pick your family.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Seems you are an asshole. Welcome to the crew. Asshole!
    Thanks. Well these historical narratives are very cool. Hatfields was my favorites in the big feud plus there was a super cute girl in highschool by that name. Always wanted one of them over undrer guns. Was hoping for a .222 over a .20 guage but never got around to getting one. Pal had the .22-.410. The aroma of unforgivess is wafting atrong on some of these issues.Thats a bad old Spirtual blocker the TV preacher said.
    Denton and stevekozak like this.

My family had the "gun" story as well.

Almost 50 years ago, . . . a certain shotgun was labeled with my name on it, . . .

And I never did get the reason why I was refused possession when it came time, . . . but the parties involved just said no, . . . I couldn't have it.

They took everything, . . . and while I was only his nephew, . . . he and I were as close as any father and son could ever be. I was his "first born" son he didn't have, . . . and he filled in the place for the father I never had.

Together we made a pretty good team, . . . both Navy vets, . . . both Pacific areas, . . . both married "hillbilly" girls that could really cook, . . . and a ton of other similarities, including some folks thought I looked more like him that the son he finally had later in life.

Make a long story short, . . . I kinda got wrote off and out once he passed, . . . something I never understood, . . . hope it was not jealousy, . . . but will probably never know the truth of it.

One thing for sure, . . . I've long since decided that life is too short to spend time pondering things we cannot fix or understand, . . . so I just let it go.

I'm not sure about it, . . . but I think Karma may have knocked on their door, . . . his pristine and gorgeous Belgium made Browning 30-06 automatic, . . . got stolen out of the basement, . . . and I think my gun might have gone with it as well, . . . a few months after my uncle passed.

But, . . . it's all water under the bridge, . . . and I'm still heading upstream.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Denton, Slippy, Annie and 3 others like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    True, and I often grieve over their choices, but I'll be there for my family always. God gave them to me and I figure He knows what he's doing.
    “Aim at a high mark and you'll hit it. No, not the first time, nor the second time. Maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting for only practice will make you perfect.”
    ― Annie Oakley

My father had a old shotgun also, but it stayed with one of my half-siblings. I would like to have kept it, but I am sure I will not get it. I do not talk much with the relatives on the father's side (neither they get along between themselves).

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    My family had the "gun" story as well.

Almost 50 years ago, . . . a certain shotgun was labeled with my name on it, . . .

And I never did get the reason why I was refused possession when it came time, . . . but the parties involved just said no, . . . I couldn't have it.

They took everything, . . . and while I was only his nephew, . . . he and I were as close as any father and son could ever be. I was his "first born" son he didn't have, . . . and he filled in the place for the father I never had.

Together we made a pretty good team, . . . both Navy vets, . . . both Pacific areas, . . . both married "hillbilly" girls that could really cook, . . . and a ton of other similarities, including some folks thought I looked more like him that the son he finally had later in life.

Make a long story short, . . . I kinda got wrote off and out once he passed, . . . something I never understood, . . . hope it was not jealousy, . . . but will probably never know the truth of it.

One thing for sure, . . . I've long since decided that life is too short to spend time pondering things we cannot fix or understand, . . . so I just let it go.

I'm not sure about it, . . . but I think Karma may have knocked on their door, . . . his pristine and gorgeous Belgium made Browning 30-06 automatic, . . . got stolen out of the basement, . . . and I think my gun might have gone with it as well, . . . a few months after my uncle passed.

But, . . . it's all water under the bridge, . . . and I'm still heading upstream.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    yep....sound a lot like mine. He still has the gun....he has told everyone that it is to go to me.....but I know my cousins. I'll never see that gun. and i'm ok with that. that why i said the forgiveness word.

one of the things that turn my stomach - when people are willing to sell off the family's heritage pieces on the various TV shows ...

don't know how many times over the years - someone walks into the TV pawn shop to sell off a flintlock that came down the family tree from the Revolutionary days - I got to wonder if there's someone else in the family that would have paid the price $$$$ ...
    Old SF Guy likes this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    one of the things that turn my stomach - when people are willing to sell off the family's heritage pieces on the various TV shows ...

don't know how many times over the years - someone walks into the TV pawn shop to sell off a flintlock that came down the family tree from the Revolutionary days - I got to wonder if there's someone else in the family that would have paid the price $$$$ ...

yeah, my uncle with the Hatfield gun only has one surviving daughter, who is a drug addict. not a family named offspring on his side. so it will cease to be a family treasure and will most likely get sold for some crystal meth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links