Are Women Malcontents? Dennis Prager.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Are Women Malcontents? Dennis Prager. within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; This was originally published on Townhall.com, I got it from Mister Pragers website: I have decided to finally read what is widely regarded as the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Are Women Malcontents? Dennis Prager.

This was originally published on Townhall.com, I got it from Mister Pragers website:

I have decided to finally read what is widely regarded as the literary work that unleashed the modern feminist movement, Betty Friedan’s “The Feminine Mystique.”

I am halfway through the book, and I find it to be a well-written cri de coeur (cry from the heart). Historically speaking, there was always much to lament regarding the status of women. Though I have none of the contempt Friedan has for
    “housewifery,”{NOTE: that is a soft way of slandering house wives.} her description of women who felt they had no sense of self because they were only someone’s wife and some children’s mother is emotionally compelling.

But a big and troubling thought hit me while reading the book. In the 56 years since “The Feminine Mystique” was published, every complaint Friedan made regarding the situation of the American woman has been addressed. Few American women are forced into “housewifery.” The few women who choose to place marriage and home over career have truly chosen to do so; it is the rare young woman for whom marriage and family are greater goals than a successful career.

Nor do women any longer go from high school to the wedding chapel. They go from high school to college and often graduate school. In fact, far more women go to college than men.

Yet, if you were to listen to many American women today, you would think nothing has improved. Every women’s group and millions of individual women say women are “oppressed” despite the fact that virtually nothing remains of the “feminine mystique” described by Friedan.

In January 2017, between 3 and 5 million American women took part in the Women’s March, widely regarded as the largest number of Americans to participate in a single-day march in the nation’s history. A year later, millions of American women again participated in the Women’s March in marches around the country.

Feminist groups describe the state of American women in dire terms. Young middle-class and upper-class women, many attending the most expensive universities – paid for by their parents – are among the greatest malcontents in American life. In fact, women today, including young women, who lead lives the very opposite of those described in “The Feminine Mystique,” are about twice as likely to be depressed as men. And that statistic is true for women across all economic, racial and ethnic groups.

So, then, what was my big and troubling thought?
    If women are as likely – perhaps more likely – to complain about being oppressed today when they aren’t oppressed as they did when they were oppressed, and if women today are nearly twice as likely as men to be depressed, and if women at elite colleges – where they are pampered and more assured a financially successful future than most men living now or who lived in the past – are particularly angry and malcontented, simple logic suggests two choices: Either women remain as oppressed as in the past, or women tend to be malcontents.

Given that the reality is that American women – especially the ones who do the most complaining – are not oppressed, we are left to conclude that the female of the human species may tend toward being malcontents. The simple-minded will respond to this exactly as they were indoctrinated to respond – not by asking, “Is it true?” but by accusing the person who offers this suggestion of sexism and misogyny. {NOTE: A word that I despise! It means hatred of women. Who hates women? WHO??? The word is tool, used to bludgeon men into silence.}

So, allow me to respond in advance: This is no more an attack on women than describing men’s nature as aggressive is an attack on men. Each sex has built-in issues that an individual has to overcome in order to develop into a mature and good person. Men have to deal with aggression and the sexual predatory aspect of male nature in order to develop into mature and good men. Women have to overcome the power of their emotions and their chronic malcontentedness in order to mature into good women.

But in our disordered society – a society that has rejected wisdom
    –-{NOTE: And a society that has become fools because of that rejection.}-- in raising their children, two generations of Americans have told only their sons, not their daughters, that they had to fight their nature. The feminization of society has brought with it the destructive notion that only males have to suppress their nature. Feminists really believe females are superior, so why would women have to fight any aspect of their inherently beautiful nature?

Finally, this helps explain why one would consider the left feminine and the right masculine. Though life in America is a blessing for the vast majority of its citizens, the left constantly complains about America. Indeed, the better America gets, the louder the left’s complaints about America – about its racism, sexism, misogyny, homophobia, bigotry, xenophobia, inequality, systemic bias, etc.

The right, on the other hand, regards life’s difficulties as inherent to life, not inherent to America’s flaws, and doesn’t much complain. Like men, conservatives complain less than liberals. And just as male and female feminists demand that American men complain more – that their lack of complaining is a form of “toxic masculinity”
    --{NOTE: I will punch out the broad that accuses me of that.}-- the American left demands that Americans complain more.

All these women’s marches and angry women at colleges probably tell us more about women’s nature than about American sexism.

https://townhall.com/columnists/denn...tents-n2544465

NOTE:
    The final answer is, yes women are malcontents, and if it were not for men, the women would have a collective meltdown. Then they would scratch each others eyes out, then they would kill each other.
    I am glad that I could add a dash of hot sauce to this well written article. No need to thank me girls! I am already full of myself.

Last edited by MisterMills357; 04-12-2019 at 08:08 AM.
    A DECLARATION OF THE RIGHTS OF THE INHABITANTS OF THE COMMONWEALTH, OR STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA:: [Pennsylvaia was a very different place then, just look at Philly today, compared to 1776 AD.]
    [And it is regrettable that their original confrontational ways, about how government should work, has been lost.]

VI. That those who are employed in the legislative and executive business of the State, may be restrained from oppression, the people have a right, at such periods as they may think proper, to reduce their public officers to a private station, and supply the vacancies by certain and regular elections.
    [Hidden Content

The Good Cop

My job requires making afternoon deliveries, and I have a choice of either Dennis Prager or Rush Limbaugh on the radio (the music today sucks).

Dennis wins, hands down. Always well reasoned and thought provoking. I get to listen, off and on, to his 3 hour show.
    Youtube is censoring his videos, and he is suing them.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    My job requires making afternoon deliveries, and I have a choice of either Dennis Prager or Rush Limbaugh on the radio (the music today sucks).

Dennis wins, hands down. Always well reasoned and thought provoking. I get to listen, off and on, to his 3 hour show.
    Youtube is censoring his videos, and he is suing them.
    I go back and forth between Rush and Dennis, and there is a Salem Media Group radio station here, with lots of good talk shows. They recently added Sebastian Gorka, and I really like that guy.
    A DECLARATION OF THE RIGHTS OF THE INHABITANTS OF THE COMMONWEALTH, OR STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA:: [Pennsylvaia was a very different place then, just look at Philly today, compared to 1776 AD.]
    [And it is regrettable that their original confrontational ways, about how government should work, has been lost.]

VI. That those who are employed in the legislative and executive business of the State, may be restrained from oppression, the people have a right, at such periods as they may think proper, to reduce their public officers to a private station, and supply the vacancies by certain and regular elections.
    [Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Excellent article

As we all know, the Education System and the evil media are very much to blame. Oh and parents too for not instilling the truth in their children.
    Michael_Js and stevekozak like this.

What wver happened to being content in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant?
    Slippy likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Damn straight, just ask Annie.

Pay attention now ….. I did not say ask Mish!
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

There never was such thing of being content 😛

Life is a bitch and then you die, shut up and get on with it.
    StratMaster likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Bright women do not fall for the lefty "I am a victim" BS. The perception that women are still oppressed is simply a manufactured lie by the left that many still believe. Tucker Carlson does a good job talking about the subject of this thread.
    Prepared One and Michael_Js like this.

I think women are hardwired to be unconditional advocates for anyone they perceive to be vulnerable. It’s part of their DNA for them to care for their children and they’re families. In a world where media and information brings us into the lives and struggles of people we would otherwise be totally unaware of, that most basic of nurturing drives extends out to almost everybody and everything. It doesn’t have to be practical, logical, convenient or productive. Many women simply are compelled to unconditionally respond. That tendency is being socially and politically manipulated, because once it is engaged, no amount of reasonable discussion or debate will be effective in disengaging that almost self-sacrificing drive to nurture. It’s not an intellectual response… it’s emotional, visceral. It gets expressed by their being perpetually discontented with a large portion of their lives and the world. They are being victimized, perpetually on guard, distrusting, agitated. It’s destructive to them, to their relationships and to society. The people who are promoting it care little for the welfare of women and yet are the ones women seem to trust the most.
    Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links