Comcast NO Right of way
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Comcast NO Right of way

This is a discussion on Comcast NO Right of way within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; The company I work for rented the current warehouse location based on a contract with comcast to provide service. Comcast can not get a right ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Comcast NO Right of way

Comcast NO Right of way

The company I work for rented the current warehouse location based on a contract with comcast to provide service. Comcast can not get a right of way from one farmer on the road - He will not let them on his land to pull cable between the current poles that are in place.

One part of me says , his land his rules
    other part says "hey stupid.. you are stopping everybody past you from getting high speed internet access... business and residential... I mean the poles run right beside the road - but far enough off so they are on his land... electric and telephone already have right of way

I am guess I am all for his property rights but think he is a idiot

edit -I say right of way I mean easement
    Last edited by Maine-Marine; 04-11-2019 at 12:15 PM.
    stowlin and MisterMills357 like this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    The company I work for rented the current warehouse location based on a contract with comcast to provide service. Comcast can not get a right of way from one farmer on the road - He will not let them on his land to pull cable between the current poles that are in place.

One part of me says , his land his rules
    other part says "hey stupid.. you are stopping everybody past you from getting high speed internet access... business and residential... I mean the poles run right beside the road - but far enough off so they are on his land... electric and telephone already have right of way

I am guess I am all for his property rights but think he is a idiot
    Sounds like Comcast has three options. Pay the man a sum of money sufficient for him to allow access, find another route to your facility, or breach contract.

His land, his rules.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Sounds like Comcast has three options. Pay the man a sum of money sufficient for him to allow access, find another route to your facility, or breach contract.

His land, his rules.
    They will not pay, there is no other route, owner will not file a suit so we will move

I would think with all the effort to get America connected there would be a rule that allows internet companies to have an easement to allow service.

electric, phone, gas all have the ability to provide service
    Be a Berean

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

I would not allow access to our property unless there was a sum of money sufficient to make me change my mind.
    As Kauboy said.
    Before we spent our hard earned cash on these acres we had an exhaustive title search done to make sure there was no one holding mineral rights or anything else.
    If the business owner can not get Comcast to provide Internet service, there are always satellite based providers
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    satellite based providers
    too much of a delay

the thing that get me is that the poles are already there

AGAIN - it is his land and his rules.. I respect that - I just think he is being a damned fool... he is stopping many businesses and residential folks from getting service

as you can see the poles are just off the road... and again his land his rules... but as John Wayne said No sense being a damned fool about itComcast NO  Right of way-poles.png
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    too much of a delay

the thing that get me is that the poles are already there

AGAIN - it is his land and his rules.. I respect that - I just think he is being a damned fool... he is stopping many businesses and residential folks from getting service

as you can see the poles are just off the road... and again his land his rules... but as John Wayne said No sense being a damned fool about itClick image for larger version. 

Name:	poles.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	97299
    Maybe I'm not understanding something here...
    Who owns those poles?
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Maybe I'm not understanding something here...
    Who owns those poles?
    the poles are owned by the electric company.. but they are on the farmers land
    Be a Berean

remember 30' from center line is "public" past that it is private. So you need permission to pull cable/wire.... Telephone company and electric company have "state granted easement" / public good or something like that
    Be a Berean

My Brother lives in the boon docks near a small hick town and brags on Hughes net for internet. Not sure if its fast enough to suit your company's needs but it bound to be cheaper than moving if it will work while the lawsuit with comcast is in progress. Hey a smart lawyer might even make Comcast pay the bill on it
    https://www.satelliteinternetnow.com...ite%20Internet
    Maine-Marine likes this.

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    If the poles are in place , use a helicopter, that’s what the power company did here as not to trespass
    bigwheel, Maine-Marine and Joe like this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links