Comcast NO Right of way - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Comcast NO Right of way

This is a discussion on Comcast NO Right of way within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Slippy I love it when the average man takes a corporation to its knees. Stand your ground, my land, my rules...unless there ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Comcast NO Right of way

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I love it when the average man takes a corporation to its knees. Stand your ground, my land, my rules...unless there is a legal easement that some ultra-studious attorney type finds out about...
    again, I am with you on your land your rules... but in this case (and it is his right) he is saying no just because he can. nothing is going to be put up, torn up, shoveled up, etc...

it honestly will not cost him anything and he will be no worse off in any way

God bless him... I chatted with a neighbor of his and he explained he does not like people, not married, not sociable...
    Slippy likes this.
    Be a Berean

cable is not a utility.. so they are not covered by the power/telephone/water/sewer easement thing a ma jig
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    I'm gonna have to see that in the easement writing, cuz I call BS on his claim if that's what he's saying.
    that is what comcast explained to me.... electric and phone are ok.... but cable is not covered
    Be a Berean

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    that is what comcast explained to me.... electric and phone are ok.... but cable is not covered
    Have the phone company install a VOIP line, then cancel the service. Comcast can use what's already there!

Seriously though, sucky situation. Small people relish their small power.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

The Good Cop

The power line runs down our road, on my side.
    They have a 12 foot easement from the ditch on the edge of the road onto our property.
    20 years ago I put a fence parallel to the road, across the front of our property, four feet from the ditch. Just enough for my riding mower.
    15 years ago, I upgraded that fence to a 5 foot tall, four horizontal board, horse fence.

Power company has never said anything.
    Hey! That's why they make bucket trucks, right?
    Slippy and Maine-Marine like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

If Comcast won't pay for easement, Your company should approach the farmer and try to work out a deal to get access. Is the Farmer just a D or does he some legitimate concerns regarding access on his property ?

I am 100% on the landowner's side. He does not have to have a reason. It is the same as the 2nd Amendment in that way. The liberal says "But what possible reason could you NEED a b c d …." I don't need a reason, all that matters is that I can own a b c d. My rights don't end where someone else's feelings or convenience starts!
    Slippy and MaterielGeneral like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    I am 100% on the landowner's side. He does not have to have a reason. It is the same as the 2nd Amendment in that way. The liberal says "But what possible reason could you NEED a b c d …." I don't need a reason, all that matters is that I can own a b c d. My rights don't end where someone else's feelings or convenience starts!
    I agree with you, however.... some times exercising your rights can make you a jackass

as an example... I am all for freedom of speech and will defend it always... BUT people that use that freedom to picket a military members funeral are DICKS

in this case where he will in no way be harmed or suffer any lose and it appears he is only doing it because he can ... he is a JACKASS... he is within his rights, but he is still a jackass
    Kauboy and A Watchman like this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    it would be cool to see them make a deal with the electric folks reroute the poles and remove electric to his property... sorry charlie...lol
    Kauboy likes this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    it would be cool to see them make a deal with the electric folks reroute the poles and remove electric to his property... sorry charlie...lol
    It ain't going to happen, taking his electric service.

Seems Your company made asses of themselves getting into a building without services they need. Sort of like building a marina in a desert.
    stevekozak likes this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links