Comcast NO Right of way - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Comcast NO Right of way

This is a discussion on Comcast NO Right of way within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Maine-Marine remember 30' from center line is "public" past that it is private. So you need permission to pull cable/wire.... Telephone company ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Comcast NO Right of way

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    remember 30' from center line is "public" past that it is private. So you need permission to pull cable/wire.... Telephone company and electric company have "state granted easement" / public good or something like that
    Utility poles in the tip of the mitt are 33ft on each side of the poles.
    Maine-Marine likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    If the poles are in place , use a helicopter, that’s what the power company did here as not to trespass
    Like this-

Maine-Marine, bigwheel and Joe like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

How about under ground? Outside his fence.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

You will find in the end the farmer has no leg to stand on. The first easement covers it.
    hawgrider likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

a chopper or a couple of cherry pickers, suppose he lays claim to the air space around the poles too.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

I love it when the average man takes a corporation to its knees. Stand your ground, my land, my rules...unless there is a legal easement that some ultra-studious attorney type finds out about...

My electrical power comes in from Utility Poles that end at the base of my driveway (across the access road on my neighbors property) which then turns into underground service up my driveway to a transformer near my house. No Utility Poles are on my property. A few years ago the Power Company contacted me and asked for permission to survey my land to add some Utility Poles so that one of my neighbors could get electricity.

I agreed to meet them and they allowed me to "participate" in their survey. After there survey was complete, I asked how many feet from my neighbors land to the Pole at my driveway...they told me...I forgot the exact number but lets say it was 800 feet. I have standing Pine and Hardwoods that they would have to cut and their agreement was to fix any damage to my roads but I would lose my trees.

I then walked them to the next neighbors land and showed the Power Company reps their own Utility Pole which was only about 150 feet from the neighbor who wanted electricity...with no trees to cut!

The surveyor and the engineer chuckled when I asked them why they didn't know about the existing Pole? Their decision was made and they connect my neighbors power lines without encroaching on my property and cutting my trees or damaging my roads!

Alls well that ends well...lesson; Ask Questions, Be Polite and Look for Alternative Solutions!
    Last edited by Slippy; 04-11-2019 at 05:10 PM.

If the land owner goes back and reads the easement he will find they can get access to it period. That is why the easement is granted in the first place. If farmer had crops in the would have to compensate. They will also have to repair any damage to the land.
    Easements of this type are written in stone.
    Slippy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

the poles are owned by the electric company.. but they are on the farmers land
    Sounds like a Comcast tech needs to buy a six pack for his favorite electric company tech, and get 'er done.
    Doesn't matter where the poles are. The electric company owns them and has a right to them.
    Slippy likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    Sounds like a Comcast tech needs to buy a six pack for his favorite electric company tech, and get 'er done.
    Doesn't matter where the poles are. The electric company owns them and has a right to them.
    yes but property owner decides what is allowed on them
    Be a Berean

yes but property owner decides what is allowed on them
    I'm gonna have to see that in the easement writing, cuz I call BS on his claim if that's what he's saying.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links