Bless you Sir...
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bless you Sir...

This is a discussion on Bless you Sir... within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Bless you Sir...

Bless you Sir...

"It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    He has a small shrine in Cuero, TX. I call on the city when I am out that way and I was disappointed that the city had not maintained it better. He was one tough son of a bitch.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

May God bless Roy Benavidez. A true American hero and patriot.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    May God bless Roy Benavidez. A true American hero and patriot.
    That he was. I just read about him. He would make a John Wayne character look like a piker.
    A Watchman and Camel923 like this.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

An incredible man. Someone who makes a great example.
    bigwheel and Annie like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

The Good Cop

He is the only US Army enlisted man to have a US Navy ship named after him.
    Annie, inceptor, Gunn and 5 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

He was one heck of a guy, I read about him many years ago.

Quote from Defense.gov.
    Benavidez's destiny took him to Vietnam, where, as a member of Detachment B56, 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne), 1st Special Forces, he challenged death on May 2, 1968.
    A staff sergeant at the time, Benavidez "distinguished himself conspicuously by gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty," his Medal of Honor citation states.

The citation credits him with helping to save the lives of eight of his Special Forces comrades during helicopter evacuations during a firefight with North Vietnamese regular forces west of Loc Ninh. Benavidez suffered a broken jaw and 37 bullet and bayonet puncture wounds in the fight. He was so mauled that his commanding officer thought he wouldn't live long enough to receive a Medal of Honor.

Defense.gov News Article: USNS Benavidez Honors Army Medal of Honor Hero

Last edited by MisterMills357; 04-09-2019 at 04:10 PM.
    A DECLARATION OF THE RIGHTS OF THE INHABITANTS OF THE COMMONWEALTH, OR STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA:: [Pennsylvaia was a very different place then, just look at Philly today, compared to 1776 AD.]
    [And it is regrettable that their original confrontational ways, about how government should work, has been lost.]

VI. That those who are employed in the legislative and executive business of the State, may be restrained from oppression, the people have a right, at such periods as they may think proper, to reduce their public officers to a private station, and supply the vacancies by certain and regular elections.
    [Hidden Content

Benavidez suffered a broken jaw and 37 bullet and bayonet puncture wounds in the fight. I would never have thought a human being could sustain such a thing! Wish I had his gonads. Excellent example of how a real man conducts himself. Have to wonder, did he even know he was hit, stabbed, etc, and the adrenaline just kept him going? What a friggin tough guy!! No shit, I love to hear stories of real, not Hollywood movies types who have actually been there, done that. Awesome!
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    Benavidez suffered a broken jaw and 37 bullet and bayonet puncture wounds in the fight. I would never have thought a human being could sustain such a thing! Wish I had his gonads. Excellent example of how a real man conducts himself. Have to wonder, did he even know he was hit, stabbed, etc, and the adrenaline just kept him going? What a friggin tough guy!! No shit, I love to hear stories of real, not Hollywood movies types who have actually been there, done that. Awesome!
    Ask, and you shall receive.
    And yes, he knew he was hit.
    His commanding officer wanted him to receive the Medal Of Honor, but didn't think he would live long enough, and so put him in for the Distinguished Service Cross instead.
    When his award was upgraded to the MOH, President Ronald Reagan, when presenting the Medal, said that if this was a Hollywood story no one would believe it.

Here then, is an account from the military community.

Benavidez
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 04-09-2019 at 05:22 PM.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Thank You, I enjoyed the read.

I realize only two minutes post to post, I will go back and digest it, I like to speed read.
    Last edited by 1skrewsloose; 04-09-2019 at 05:18 PM.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links