OK, I gotta hand it to you Southerners
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on OK, I gotta hand it to you Southerners within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Now I've lived in the Seattle metro area for 50 years, the Rockies and the Cascade Mnt. rangers do a good job of filtering anything ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: OK, I gotta hand it to you Southerners

Now I've lived in the Seattle metro area for 50 years, the Rockies and the Cascade Mnt. rangers do a good job of filtering anything weird from the south and east.
    Mrs. Wrench said we're having chicken for dinner, how do I want it, the KFC commercial for chicken and waffles popped into my head.
    Now this just sounds way bizzare to us Northerners, but hey if KFC is selling it, there's got to be something there.
    Mrs. Wrench buys off on this so she heads to the kitchen.
    Wow, it's really good, chalk one up for Southern cuisine.
    Sasquatch, Inor, Denton and 7 others like this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Wrench View Post
    Now I've lived in the Seattle metro area for 50 years, the Rockies and the Cascade Mnt. rangers do a good job of filtering anything weird from the south and east.
    Mrs. Wrench said we're having chicken for dinner, how do I want it, the KFC commercial for chicken and waffles popped into my head.
    Now this just sounds way bizzare to us Northerners, but hey if KFC is selling it, there's got to be something there.
    Okay, I do not want this to offend you because I have read many, many of your posts and I respect you. But... I also spent about 3 1/2 years commuting to Issaquah, WA at least 2 weeks per month. I loved my time there. Your area is beautiful. You have it all, mountains, water, etc. But your crazies give a new meaning to the word!

God did not construct the Cascades to keep the weirdos from the South out. He constructed the Cascades to keep the weirdos from the west IN! Sorry, but that's a fact.

If you get rid of the liberals, the hippies, the dopers and whores, I will move there in a heartbeat. But in the meantime, it is too close to a Jefferson Airplane acid rock song lyrics for me to even want to visit.
    Denton, stevekozak, Slippy and 4 others like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Super Moderator

KFC is blah. I wish I had the time and you had the time to come to the South so I could treat you to some real Southern cooking. Deadly cooking. The Southern life expectancy isn't as long as the rest of the country, but we believe in quality and not quantity.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Okay, I do not want this to offend you because I have read many, many of your posts and I respect you. But... I also spent about 3 1/2 years commuting to Issaquah, WA at least 2 weeks per month. I loved my time there. Your area is beautiful. You have it all, mountains, water, etc. But your crazies give a new meaning to the word!

God did not construct the Cascades to keep the weirdos from the South out. He constructed the Cascades to keep the weirdos from the west IN! Sorry, but that's a fact.

If you get rid of the liberals, the hippies, the dopers and whores, I will move there in a heartbeat. But in the meantime, it is too close to a Jefferson Airplane acid rock song lyrics for me to even want to visit.
    I was just trying to make the point that the mountains keep the weird from down yonder from migrating to the weird on up in these here parts.
    You do have to factor in, to a certain degree, that up over here is really close to those upper western northers across the border. I've spent some time up there, even dated a gal from up there for some time. They got their own brand of weird and I think some of it may have filtered down here and blended with our weird a bit. I mean how can you truly trust people from a country that don't even know how to make proper bacon, and think sliding a rock on ice is a sport, I'm just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    KFC is blah. I wish I had the time and you had the time to come to the South so I could treat you to some real Southern cooking. Deadly cooking. The Southern life expectancy isn't as long as the rest of the country, but we believe in quality and not quantity.
    Real southern cooking would probably light my head on fire, with my delicate northern disposition and all. But as long as there's ice cold beer on hand I'd give it a go.
    Denton, stevekozak, Inor and 1 others like this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Super Moderator

I was just trying to make the point that the mountains keep the weird from down yonder from migrating to the weird on up in these here parts.
    You do have to factor in, to a certain degree, that up over here is really close to those upper western northers across the border. I've spent some time up there, even dated a gal from up there for some time. They got their own brand of weird and I think some of it may have filtered down here and blended with our weird a bit. I mean how can you truly trust people from a country that don't even know how to make proper bacon, and think sliding a rock on ice is a sport, I'm just sayin.

Real southern cooking would probably light my head on fire, with my delicate northern disposition and all. But as long as there's ice cold beer on hand I'd give it a go.
    Oh, we got the beer, but you drink iced tea with Southern food. I think it's a law or something.
    Dr. Gregory House

I made a fine gumbo this weekend. I agree with Denton, KFC sucks for fried chicken. There is also something pretty creepy about that new commercial they are showing with trying the Colonel trying to make out with the Aunt Jemima bottle.
    Denton and Slippy like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    I made a fine gumbo this weekend. I agree with Denton, KFC sucks for fried chicken. There is also something pretty creepy about that new commercial they are showing with trying the Colonel trying to make out with the Aunt Jemima bottle.
    Did someone say gumbo?!?
    Dr. Gregory House

Are we talking about chicken 'n waffles?

Has anybody else tried Chili's Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers on Waffles?
    Crispers on top of Belgian waffles. Topped with bacon, jalapeños, ancho-chile ranch. Served with fries & honey-chipotle sauce.
    Legend says, if you put one on top of your head, your tongue will beat your brains out to get to it. As of yet, none have dared to test it.

OK, I gotta hand it to you Southerners-26abb4c5c320d09aa7873737e175bfe8.jpg

OK, I gotta hand it to you Southerners-168fc228b82500f528b4dbf6209a4ff8.jpg
    Denton, Slippy, A Watchman and 2 others like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

You are absolutely correct. Canada is NOT a real country. We are talking about a country that does not even have enough self-respect to put pictures of their own people on their money. (Not that Canada has anybody that has done anything worthy of having their portrait on currency.)

As I write this, I am sitting in a hotel room in eastern Toronto. I am sure when the RCMP reads this post, and they will, 6 of them, dressed in their finest black tacticool garb will break down my hotel room door and very politely surrender to me.

This is a country where it is perfectly legal to mail order pot over the internet but walking into the local diner and ordering a malted milk will get you 25-to-life!

That is not say everything in Canada is awful. I am pretty sure that poutine is one of the fundamental building blocks of life, the universe and everything. But Canadian Bacon needs to be classified as a weapon of mass destruction and stiff sanctions need to be put in place until they stop production of such an abomination! Furthermore, Canadians should not be allowed to even THINK about BBQ! It's for the children!
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    +1
    A Watchman likes this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links