Pit bulls harmless puppies - Page 7
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Pit bulls harmless puppies

This is a discussion on Pit bulls harmless puppies within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by stevekozak I am curious about just what kind of son you have raised if you believe he would let you do any ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Pit bulls harmless puppies

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    I am curious about just what kind of son you have raised if you believe he would let you do any of the above? Do you subscribe to the same theory of raising kids as you do of owning dogs? If you can't kill them in a hand to hand fight you don't have them? Have you raised a submissive son? I mean no disrespect to either you or your son, but I am curious after reading several of your posts concerning this.
    I raised son's that Respect their Dad. They know they can make their own decisions...and I will make mine.... They know how I feel, I know how they feel. I have strong sons who can whip damn near any man in a fight...And when I get a little older, they may be able to whip me too....But thats only if I fight fair...and I never do.

My sons 3 of 4 are currently serving in the Military. They respect who I am....and they understand that I love them and my Grand daughter enough to not to let them do something stupid like get a pitbull around a 1.5 year old child. If they do not understand that...then they are dumber than I thought and deserve to pay for that stupidity by having to put their father in Prison for killing their dog, instead of putting their child in the grave because they think that Pits are great with Kids.

Looky here Cat... You can insinuate whatever the hell you want about how weak my kids might be or How I'm wrong or whatever.... I'll tell you what Snookems....You friggin sit on your side of the porch and do you...I'mma sit on mine and do me....And whenever you wanna throw down on something Factual or Historical I'm here....But lets not go into how You feel...and I feel like I'mma gonna change you or your gonna change me..... I'd have to be really weak to be suaded by a poor attempt to bait me into an arguement by speaking ill of my kids or how I raised them...

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    I recently encountered a little girl that had a big rip in her face from a Bassett Hound.
    hunhh?....Imagine how bad it'd a been if that had been a pitbull instead.... WOw...she was lucky.

How many Deaths have been attributed to the Basset Hound this year?
    Denton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by White Shadow View Post
    Shetland Sheepdog person here. Slightly different flavor of crazy from most other herding dogs.
    First dog my family had. He was the most gentle dog I've ever seen. Had epilepsy and died at 8 years old. Buddy was the best boy.

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    There is a low key sub culture in East Texas that fights both cocks and dogs. Don't tell Michael Vick about it though.
    I know a few that raise fighting cocks there. One guy had his right by the road for the world to see, most have them hidden on the property. Walking to them feels like you're being taken to a coke processing station in Columbia or something.
    Slippy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

To pull all of this back into the original context...

I heard an update on this woman and her dogs this morning on the radio while driving into work.
    The real story goes, these dogs were far too aggressive even for the staff of the facility that was keeping them. They could not manage the dogs on their own, and said they were unable to take them for their daily walks. They even reported that the animals had broken out of a chain link cage while there. The owner was free to come and walk them, and had been doing so regularly for two weeks prior to the attack.

So there it is. The dog(s) bit someone and ended up in this facility awaiting whatever. They were too aggressive for trained staff to handle. They were aggressive enough to break out of their cage at least once. They had already spent two weeks in unfamiliar territory while receiving minimal exercise. (anyone who has working dogs knows the problem there) The woman had been visiting the dogs regularly, and walking them when she did. There is still no explanation of the attack, or what triggered it. I would expect a mention of video if there was any surveillance, but I've not heard anything on that yet.

So, two high energy and aggressive dogs were taken out of their domain, placed with other dogs they were likely never socialized properly to deal with, and separated from their owner for a majority of that time.

Let the speculation fly!
    As for my own, I think it's obvious the dogs were raised with inadequate socialization or leadership. Nothing is provided about their parentage or history, so I can't guess there, but I'm sure some will feel more than comfortable doing so.
    Last edited by Kauboy; 03-28-2019 at 06:41 PM.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

I agree. Those conditions make any animal somewhat unpredictable...But do not forget they where placed there because they bit someone before that happened. My entire point behind my position is that No one should own an animal they cannot control...and no one should allow the animal they control to be in positions where they lose their control. Its simple...You are responsible for what your pets do...SO you are the judge of what pets you can manage.
    Slippy and Denton like this.

There were indeed placed there for biting... and it being reported. We don't know the extent of the bite, or the situation that lead up to it.

Happy little statistic for everyone, 100% of dogs bite.
    Do we lock up or euthanize all dogs when they inevitably bite, regardless of the circumstances?

Personally, I don't want to be left with just cats...
    stevekozak and Denton like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post

I enjoy me some cat every now and again!
    Denton and Prepared One like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    I raised son's that Respect their Dad. They know they can make their own decisions...and I will make mine.... They know how I feel, I know how they feel. I have strong sons who can whip damn near any man in a fight...And when I get a little older, they may be able to whip me too....But thats only if I fight fair...and I never do.

My sons 3 of 4 are currently serving in the Military. They respect who I am....and they understand that I love them and my Grand daughter enough to not to let them do something stupid like get a pitbull around a 1.5 year old child. If they do not understand that...then they are dumber than I thought and deserve to pay for that stupidity by having to put their father in Prison for killing their dog, instead of putting their child in the grave because they think that Pits are great with Kids.

Looky here Cat... You can insinuate whatever the hell you want about how weak my kids might be or How I'm wrong or whatever.... I'll tell you what Snookems....You friggin sit on your side of the porch and do you...I'mma sit on mine and do me....And whenever you wanna throw down on something Factual or Historical I'm here....But lets not go into how You feel...and I feel like I'mma gonna change you or your gonna change me..... I'd have to be really weak to be suaded by a poor attempt to bait me into an arguement by speaking ill of my kids or how I raised them...
    Clearly you are a highly rational man with incredible insight into other people. Your reading comprehension and critical thinking skills are a bit lacking, but no one is perfect. I'll keep my side of the porch clean for the kitty.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    There were indeed placed there for biting... and it being reported. We don't know the extent of the bite, or the situation that lead up to it.

Happy little statistic for everyone, 100% of dogs bite.
    Do we lock up or euthanize all dogs when they inevitably bite, regardless of the circumstances?

Yes. Every dog has the ability to bite. Some breeds are more likely to bite. Can you imagine if chihuahuas weighed 40 pounds?

There are more german shepherd bites reported than there are pit bulls, but there are a lot more sheps owners.

Surely, you are not suggesting breeds do not have their own characteristics.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Yes. Every dog has the ability to bite. Some breeds are more likely to bite. Can you imagine if chihuahuas weighed 40 pounds?

There are more german shepherd bites reported than there are pit bulls, but there are a lot more sheps owners.

Surely, you are not suggesting breeds do not have their own characteristics.
    I brought it up because that was SF's springboard into why the whole thing happened. A bite.
    How many times have we been bitten by a dog, any dog, and we don't report it because we know it was something stupid we did to cause it?
    When it comes to pits, it doesn't seem to matter the reason. One bite for ANY reason, and we condemn the dog to death.

Had the story been different, such as "two pits maul little girl, then kill owner while at holding facility", then I'd have a much different perspective on it.
    But to pretend the initial bite, without any context, immediately means the dogs are bad, and thus should be locked away and eventually killed, that's a bridge too far for me to cross.
    Denton and stevekozak like this.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links