Pit bulls harmless puppies - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Pit bulls harmless puppies

This is a discussion on Pit bulls harmless puppies within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; One of our sentry dogs was a "bio dog." Those were dogs raised by the military and not procured from civilians. Vatson had never lived ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Pit bulls harmless puppies

Super Moderator

One of our sentry dogs was a "bio dog." Those were dogs raised by the military and not procured from civilians. Vatson had never lived among civilians and had been around trained professionals all his life.Still, we noticed something odd. Upon request, we would let line MP's bring their families to the kennels for a tour. While Vatson had no problem with adults, he'd try to tear through the fencing to kill a kid. We couldn't figure it out.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Awesome video RPD, thanx!
    Years ago, RFD-TV network used to show sheep dog trials from Britain on Saturday afternoons.
    If you have never seen this, the farmer and his dog (or two) have to herd a flock of sheep through a series of obstacles and into a pen.
    I used to love watching.

These are on Youtube today. Just enter British Sheepdog Trails into the youtube search bar.
    If you enjoy watching very intelligent dogs work, you will love this.
    For a change of pace, there are also cattle dog trials there.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The "Border Collie Focus" is amazing! She was never happier than when she was "herding". (Even though it was usually tennis balls) She is buried with a brand new bouncy tennis ball near the back gate at Slippy Lodge...

Pit bulls harmless puppies-img_2827.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    I'm not telling anyone to kill the breed. I'm sayin...if my son gets one...I'M GOING TO KILL IT...CAUSE I DON'T TAKE CHNCES. If it makes you fee better, I WILL ALSO BEAT THE HELL OUT OF HIS CAR.....SON'S GONNA GET HIS ASS KICKED TO REGardless of what happens to the car.
    I am curious about just what kind of son you have raised if you believe he would let you do any of the above? Do you subscribe to the same theory of raising kids as you do of owning dogs? If you can't kill them in a hand to hand fight you don't have them? Have you raised a submissive son? I mean no disrespect to either you or your son, but I am curious after reading several of your posts concerning this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    The "Border Collie Focus" is amazing! She was never happier than when she was "herding". (Even though it was usually tennis balls) She is buried with a brand new bouncy tennis ball near the back gate at Slippy Lodge...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2827.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	876.3 KB 
ID:	96871
    Border Collies are beautiful dogs.
    And very smart.
    We have never owned a purebred, just mixes.
    Old SF Guy likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Top 10 most dangerous dog breeds in the world.

https://www.insidedogsworld.com/top1...ds-in-theworld

Time and again in that article you will see early socialization, and early training are paramount.

We have had many different dogs over the last 40 years, including 3 on that list. Several German Shepherds, one Boxer and one "pit bull" (that term actually covers several distinct varieties).
    Of them all, our full blood Boxer was the most gentle, laid back dog I have ever seen. Other than our Labs, of course. Don't know what her early life was like, she was full grown when my wife rescued her from the side of the road.
    Our little pittie was a cool guy but I will never have another. The chance for unpredictable behavior is always there.
    How the HELL is a wolf hybrid not #1???!!!???!!!

Cleary the list (apart from wolf hybrid) plays by numbers/popularity as there are several, arguably more, dangerous breeds omitted:

Sharpei, Akita, Dogo Argentino, Presa Canario, Cane Corso, Bull Terrier and Chow Chow.

These are just off the top of my head as I've had the opportunity to work with them personally in my former life as a dog trainer.
    Denton and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi45 View Post
    How the HELL is a wolf hybrid not #1???!!!???!!!

Cleary the list (apart from wolf hybrid) plays by numbers/popularity as there are several, arguably more, dangerous breeds omitted:

Sharpei, Akita, Dogo Argentino, Presa Canario, Cane Corso, Bull Terrier and Chow Chow.

These are just off the top of my head as I've had the opportunity to work with them personally in my former life as a dog trainer.
    I recently encountered a little girl that had a big rip in her face from a Bassett Hound.

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    I recently encountered a little girl that had a big rip in her face from a Bassett Hound.
    Yup. If it has teeth it can bite. Simple as that. No breed is exempt from biting/harming but certain ones have more of a propensity and ability to cause tremendous damage.
    Denton, bigwheel and SGG like this.

Super Moderator

Ever witnessed a pair of doberman pinschers working? It is a beautiful sight. It is in their nature to work as a team. On the other hand, shepherds naturally work alone.
    stevekozak and Slippy like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi45 View Post
    Yup. If it has teeth it can bite. Simple as that. No breed is exempt from biting/harming but certain ones have more of a propensity and ability to cause tremendous damage.
    Got me thinking of our old Rotty. He had a low pain threshold and would give a chomp to the offender..such as grandkid doing a knee dive into his rib carge while he was sleeping. He would grab em by the hand and chomp down just enough to make them cry..and then he would turn loose. Never did bust any skin. lol.
    Denton likes this.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links