Well Jiminy Christmas, It's the 21st century already
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Well Jiminy Christmas, It's the 21st century already within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; In this day and age one would think that the carousel in the microwave would stop where it stated so the handle of my Salmon ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Well Jiminy Christmas, It's the 21st century already

In this day and age one would think that the carousel in the microwave would stop where it stated so the handle of my Salmon Bay sand and gravel tea cup would be right there in front.

and another thing, what's with toasters, why can't they raise an english muffin high enough so that you don't have to dig it out with the butter knife or burn you fingers, it's the 21st. century for cryin out loud.

The struggles I face living in a 1st. world country
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Or an electric stove that heats up faster than a gas one. Why should I wait 3 minutes longer for my Popcorn. Or Appliances that don't need all these LED lights that never go off. Ok they were cool when they came out but now the house looks like it has Christmas lights inside. If I can't find the light switch get a darn flash light. Still waiting for that self cleaning rifle. And why is it the darn dish washer has a rinse and hold option that takes 45 minutes, when you can wash the load in 60.
    Life is hard
    Last edited by Smitty901; 03-11-2019 at 07:12 PM.
    Annie, StratMaster and Slippy like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

That's why I use LP.
    Slippy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Wrench View Post
    In this day and age one would think that the carousel in the microwave would stop where it stated so the handle of my Salmon Bay sand and gravel tea cup would be right there in front.

and another thing, what's with toasters, why can't they raise an english muffin high enough so that you don't have to dig it out with the butter knife or burn you fingers, it's the 21st. century for cryin out loud.

The struggles I face living in a 1st. world country
    Our microwave turntable completes a revolution every ten seconds, exactly...

When I heat water in a cup I use the “ez - on” button which turns the microwave on high for 30 seconds. It’ll add thirty seconds each time I push that button. I can add or subtract ten seconds by pressing the more or less arrows. This brings my cup handle back to the starting point every single time!

I didn’t actually figure that all out, it was in the directions... apparently the handle thing has irked a lot of folks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Super Moderator

The important thing is what'll replace these when the lights go out? Sun oven? Rocket stove? What-all have you got?
    StratMaster likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Let God arise, and let His enemies be scattered: and let them that hate Him flee from before His face. --Propers for Pentecost

Oh, c'mon guys (and one girl). Where is that rugged individualism?

I just had surgery yesterday. When they said I could go, I cut my ID bracelet off with a switchblade and walked to my wife's truck. Right now its 4:15AM, and I'm eating re-heated McDonald's fries (that's what I wanted after coming home--I hadn't had any in eight years) and drinking iced coffee.

After I got to the hospital (a place I hadn't been in two decades) I felt I had just stepped onto The Starship Enterprise. Just pretty nurses, and this time, no cops. They called me 'sir' and I got buttered toast. They use glue now instead of outer stitches.
    Slippy likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    The important thing is what'll replace these when the lights go out? Sun oven? Rocket stove? What-all have you got?
    Well Jiminy Christmas, It's the 21st century already-7yksfksskwq01.jpg
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

I have entirely to many things that beep at me in my house and they all are telling me I need to take some kind of action. The washer beeps at me so I need to move the clothes into the dryer, the dryer beeps at me so need to hang or fold. My oven beeps at me when it's ready so I need to cook, my refrigerator beeps at me when it needs a new filter, my house beeps at me whenever a door is opened. My coffee pot beeps, my toaster beeps, my phone beeps, my smoke detector beeps, the security cameras beep.
    I swear, I sometimes have to stop in the middle of the house and figure out what the hell is beeping and what does it want me to do now! I sometimes think the 21st century can take it's beeping whizzing gizmos and shove it.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I have entirely to many things that beep at me in my house and they all are telling me I need to take some kind of action. The washer beeps at me so I need to move the clothes into the dryer, the dryer beeps at me so need to hang or fold. My oven beeps at me when it's ready so I need to cook, my refrigerator beeps at me when it needs a new filter, my house beeps at me whenever a door is opened. My coffee pot beeps, my toaster beeps, my phone beeps, my smoke detector beeps, the security cameras beep.
    I swear, I sometimes have to stop in the middle of the house and figure out what the hell is beeping and what does it want me to do now! I sometimes think the 21st century can take it's beeping whizzing gizmos and shove it.
    You have a witness!
    Prepared One likes this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7yksfksskwq01.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	96431
    How many Russians does it take to change a lightbulb?

Two: one to hold the lightbulb to the socket and the other to drink vodka until the room spins.
    StratMaster and stevekozak like this.
    Hidden Content
    Let God arise, and let His enemies be scattered: and let them that hate Him flee from before His face. --Propers for Pentecost

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links