The stress of "waiting."
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The stress of "waiting."

This is a discussion on The stress of "waiting." within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Currently I've been waiting for an appointment. I've known it's been coming, and it's not even that serious. It's just that in times of deep ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: The stress of "waiting."

The stress of "waiting."

Currently I've been waiting for an appointment. I've known it's been coming, and it's not even that serious. It's just that in times of deep thoughts I "view the future" and mull over a laundry list of successes and potential failures.

As a Christian I was taught to live within the day and leave the future to God. And in 90% of the time the event comes and goes without any of the possible outcomes I've imagined. I'm stuck in that sort of web this morning. I have an appointment at 2:00PM today--but I've been up since 4:00AM.

I pace, I get in and out of bed, I scan the internet, I look for a dull knife to polish and listen to the most boring, early morning talk shows you can envision.

The problem is that I hate to wait. When I was a little boy I was watching a western about a criminal sitting in jail and listening to his gallows being constructed. He turns to the series hero and says, "It's not the hanging, it's the waiting that bothers me." I thought he was insane, until I noticed the concept of waiting also got me frantic.

Any suggestions?
    RedLion and Annie like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Therapy???

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Well, there's that appointment, too.

It's been a recent issue, I cannot wait for any period, no matter how short. For example, my wife always stops at Starbucks for tea, and I sit in the truck. No matter how long she takes, I get antsy. It's getting worse over time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

I have no suggestions. I've had a couple scheduled surgeries and didn't get anxious beforehand. I don't know why. I guess people are wired differently.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Solved this a decade ago hope it’s for you. Buy a tablet, iPad type and smart phone that can work as a WiFi hot spot most can. Then learn about sites like this, I like minds.com, and whatever sites you like. Bookmark them and when you are forced to wait relish in having some time online reading, learning, and becoming better informed.
    A Watchman, Denton and SGG like this.

I find that fondling my genitals outside of my pants helps pass the time and ease tension.

The surgery was a big bunch of nuthin. They put me to sleep, and I "instantly" woke up in recovery. They punched three holes in my lower belly, and while the hernia was sewn from the inside, the outer holes were "super glued" shut. I came around, and then walked to my wife's truck. I was starving, so for my "home cooked dinner" I had McDonald's fries, that's what I wanted.

My wife's a wreck, I'm up at the usual time, I think I have three days off before I do light work-outs at the gym.

I'm a little tender, but I've had romantic interludes with redheads that damaged me more.

Good to hear everything came out OK or.....didn't come out, actually. McDonald's still has the best fries.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I'm glad everything was okay. Hope it's a speedy recovery
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

Me too, glad it went so well. Take it easy for awhile...
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links