Realizations.. maybe a rant - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Realizations.. maybe a rant

This is a discussion on Realizations.. maybe a rant within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy My faith in Jesus Christ brings me a sense of peace and comfort. Oh, I have a 'daily devotional' ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Realizations.. maybe a rant

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    My faith in Jesus Christ brings me a sense of peace and comfort.
    Oh, I have a 'daily devotional' I read first thing every morning.

Believe it or not, if PTSD is on the table, at least you know where/when it came. I do not. Something happened to me when I was two years old, and I remember the fall-out and shame, but not the event. It is either hidden so deep or simply forgotten, and it has resulted in some misguided diagnoses.

When it comes to "mankind" I have no problems. Like most people who suffer from 'demons,' my fear and anger are all driven inside. I feel guilt and shame, but I don't know why.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

I'm starting to close in on that age as well, but we don't know what the future brings, the world changed in the course of one morning in 2001.

I've been in residential construction for 30 years, I see it all the time with the young people. It's getting harder and harder to find yoot's willing to put in the time, labor and expense to learn how to build a house. Some of them want me to do the task because I'm good at it, I have to point out I wasn't always good at it, it's taken me a lifetime of investment, discomfort, pain and dedication to the trade.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Wrench View Post
    I have to point out I wasn't always good at it, it's taken me a lifetime of investment, discomfort, pain and dedication to the trade.
    I know the drill. I'd like to have an apprentice, if for no other reason than to continue the art of polishing. But not one of the "wet rocks" I use can be hooked to a computer or used in their mother's basement, so I'm pretty much done...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    I know the drill. I'd like to have an apprentice, if for no other reason than to continue the art of polishing. But not one of the "wet rocks" I use can be hooked to a computer or used in their mother's basement, so I'm pretty much done...
    Yea, not everyone can design an app at 15 and become a multi millionaire by 16, but hey we can all dream, just make sure you have a back up plan.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

rethought this post and since I'm trying to stay positive I'm removing it.
    Last edited by Elvis; 01-13-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Wrench View Post
    Yea, not everyone can design an app at 15 and become a multi millionaire by 16, but hey we can all dream, just make sure you have a back up plan.
    Oh, don't worry, I have enough money for the rest of my life. That is, if I die next Thursday! LOL

My wife is wealthy by a strange coincidence. She's the bookkeeper for my business, and she always has 20s. I get crumpled ones, no kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    Oh, don't worry, I have enough money for the rest of my life. That is, if I die next Thursday! LOL

My wife is wealthy by a strange coincidence. She's the bookkeeper for my business, and she always has 20s. I get crumpled ones, no kidding.
    Funny
    My wife is in charge of the finances of the house, pays the bills etc. I have a $20, just one of them, in my wallet that I've been packing around for months, it's like part of my prep gear.
    The other day at the store she whips out a couple of $100's to pay for groceries.

...a brother by another mother...

Quote Originally Posted by pakrat View Post
    I’ve spent 50+ years of my life preparing. I’m beginning to realize that what I’ve been prepping for, may well not take place until after I’ve left this very broken world. In a way, that saddens me because some of my children, neighbors and many friends just don’t get it. Some of my preparation has been silently on their behalf… expecting that I would be here when sh-t went down… to work, provide, instruct and protect. Now, I think that at some point people are going to rummage through my gathered worldly possessions and book shelves, and think, “what a crazy old bastard he was.”

The material things will survive and hopefully eventually end up in the hands of people who appreciate and know how to use them, but the knowledge and skills I’ve worked decades to accumulate and refine will have been a complete loss.

I’ve offered to apprentice various young people in blacksmith and iron work, but as soon as they realize that there’s hours, days and months of heat, sweat, a little pain, trial and error involved, and that they can’t make an awesome fantasy sword in half an hour, (in spite of the fact that they have no skills or muscle mass), they act like their being scammed into doing real work… can’t have that.

I don’t know where this rant belongs, but I coming to the belief that the world and the new generation as we’re seeing it rapidly evolve, deserves the grief it’s about to endure. My heart goes out to the few young ones that get it… that understand the horrific wave that’s about to hit shore. At this stage of my life I wish I could do a brain dump to those blessed and cursed few. I'd willing donate my hands, my eye, my gut, my heart to needy recipients. My hope is that some will see the tracks that I’ve left in the sand and follow before all trace is gone with the high tide.

Time for another beer……
    @pakrat You and I should have a lunch, the conversation could go for hours... well past dessert.

I have started feeling the same way as you. Have my efforts been in vain? When I have those thoughts, I later get these little reminders from life (I think from God) telling me not to stop and stay on path.

Several weeks ago I started having little dreams, visions, flashes (call them what you want) and in them the numbers 2 & 19 are used repeatedly. Is that to mean something could happen in February of 2019? I don't know. Truth is, I don't know what the numbers mean, I see them on clocks during the dreams.

But, I can relate to you in the fact that nobody seems to want to learn about how to prepare for something they feel may never happen. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Arc. When you look at our society today, the spending, the greed & corruption from our leaders, the lack of discipline... I can't imagine it NOT falling soon.

Let me know if your ever going to be headed my way on the Yellow Brick Road.

Book
    Everybody seems to have a right, but who has any responsibility?

"It's better to keep your mouth closed and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" - Abe Lincoln

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links