Rights and Liberties - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Rights and Liberties

This is a discussion on Rights and Liberties within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Denton Is this supposed to be a rebuttal or something like that? Did I suggest that the men who went to war ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Rights and Liberties

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Is this supposed to be a rebuttal or something like that? Did I suggest that the men who went to war against tyranny were not reasonable?
    Those that went to war penned the Articles of Confederation after the war, it wasn't until later that the US Constitution was penned. It wasn't a rebuttal, simply stating history and what/how I see the founders as. You see them as certain to take up arms against our now government, I simply see them as being reasonable in understanding how things have changed form their time yet we are still within the guidelines of the Constitution.
    Last edited by Traxxas; 12-30-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas View Post
    Those that went to war penned the Articles of Confederation after the war, it wasn't until later that the US Constitution was penned. It wasn't a rebuttal, simply stating history and what/how I see the founders as. Where is it you think I suggested you didn't see them as reasonable? You seem to be misreading what I wrote.
    Those who went to war crafted the Articles of Confederation, which was rejected by the world because it left out an important detail; the means for repaying debt. The new nation owed a lot. I'm not sure why the Articles of Confederation is relevant, though.

The reason why I thought you were asserting I was asserting you were asserting they weren't is because you asserted they were. Or that you were asserting I was asserting they weren't. Get's a bit boggling when you attempt to assert you don't understand why I asserted what I did.
    Prepared One likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Those who went to war crafted the Articles of Confederation, which was rejected by the world because it left out an important detail; the means for repaying debt. The new nation owed a lot. I'm not sure why the Articles of Confederation is relevant, though.
    Never heard it explained like that, however it was but one of many reasons as to why they created the USC. Here is the basic reasons as to why the AoC failed and the USC was penned.

https://www.thoughtco.com/why-articl...-failed-104674

The reason why I thought you were asserting I was asserting you were asserting they weren't is because you asserted they were. Or that you were asserting I was asserting they weren't. Get's a bit boggling when you attempt to assert you don't understand why I asserted what I did.
    Say that 3 times fast.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas View Post
    Never heard it explained like that, however it was but one of many reasons as to why they created the USC. Here is the basic reasons as to why the AoC failed and the USC was penned.

https://www.thoughtco.com/why-articl...-failed-104674

Say that 3 times fast.
    Are you kidding? I could type that three times quickly!
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

To steer this back to the topic, What rights and/or liberties do citizens lose by either immigration laws or a border wall being built?

Me? I don't care, anymore. We can't even get a majority of originalist-minded congressmen elected, so why should I think we have a chance of bringing the country back to its constitutional foundation?
    Darn, you beat me to it, almost word for word.

I do have one secret joy, and that's going to be watching the left as each individual representative tries to prove they're more of a communist than the guy next to them.

I was thinking about writing my congressman and pointing out that Botox changes the looks of your picture ID. Can you imagine how long that investigation is going to take?
    Denton likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Yeah, I agree 110% with whatever in the sam hell you just said, I think.
    Denton likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links