Rights and Liberties - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Rights and Liberties

This is a discussion on Rights and Liberties within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack Ever notice what happens when the stop sticks get thrown next to the tires of a true patriot at ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Rights and Liberties

  1. #21
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Ever notice what happens when the stop sticks get thrown next to the tires of a true patriot at a checkpoint? All the other traffic gets waved through. Fook... if I wanted to bring in a truckload of illegals, that's all I'd need to do: Send a car in ahead of me and in they go.

    Personally, I'd love to see about 100 real Americans line up and all refuse to answer. It would clog 'em up for days.
    A "true patriot"? 100 "real Americans"? Are you a "sovereign citizen" by chance, because that would explain a lot.

  2. #22
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Where you least expect it.
    Posts
    6,802
    [QUOTE=Traxxas;1875417]SMFH What you think and what reality actually is are 2 very different things. I see you are a disciple of Jimmy Wynn.

    Wow. You really think you know that much? Sorry, you don't. Fact is, I have no frikkin clue who Jimmy Wynn is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas View Post
    .........The easiest thing is to simply state you are a Citizen when asked.
    And that....... is losing your right. Again, I can explain it to you, but but I can't make you understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas View Post
    LEO all have the right to determine who you are when stopped legally,
    This isn't about determining identity. It's asking about determining citizenship. Please stop muddying the waters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas View Post
    Again, you claiming you are losing/have lost your rights doesn't show that you have.l


    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas View Post
    A "true patriot"? 100 "real Americans"? Are you a "sovereign citizen" by chance, because that would explain a lot.
    Sorry, but your assumptions about me are totally incorrect. There's no having an intelligent discussion with you any more. I'm done here.

    Y'all have a good one.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    Hidden Content . Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

  3. #23
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Wow. You really think you know that much? Sorry, you don't.
    That's a 2 way street bud.

    Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    And that....... is losing your right. Again, I can explain it to you, but but I can't make you understand.
    How is stating "you are a US Citizen" equate to losing your right? A right by its very nature is limiting, rights are not absolute no matter how bad you seem to think they are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    This isn't about determining identity. It's asking about determining citizenship. Please stop muddying the waters.
    It is actually about determining your identity, citizenship/status is a form of identity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Sorry, but your assumptions about me are totally incorrect. There's no having an intelligent discussion with you any more. I'm done here.

    Y'all have a good one.
    I haven't assumed anything about you, I simply asked you a question based on your choice of words.
    Last edited by Traxxas; 12-30-2018 at 05:59 PM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas View Post
    A "true patriot"? 100 "real Americans"? Are you a "sovereign citizen" by chance, because that would explain a lot.
    Do you plan on being the antithesis of Little Jimmy, combative attitude and all?

    It is accurate to suggest I have Sovereign leanings after many years of study. Didn't start out that way. For years, I was a "corporate boy" but things never quite added up right. That caused me to dig beyond the criminal justice classes of college.

    I've studied both sides and have been involved with both sides. If you want to be honest about it, research the other side instead of arguing from the one side you know.

    By the way, do you ever watch that PD Live show? I do, from time to time. I enjoy watching those half-assed "sovereign citizens" get in a bind with the cops. I watch them screw up by the numbers. Their performance is akin to an idiot watching a couple of videos on how to fly a Cessna and then go try and steal a Tomcat.

    Me? I don't care, anymore. We can't even get a majority of originalist-minded congressmen elected, so why should I think we have a chance of bringing the country back to its constitutional foundation?
    modfan likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  6. #25
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Do you plan on being the antithesis of Little Jimmy, combative attitude and all?

    It is accurate to suggest I have Sovereign leanings after many years of study. Didn't start out that way. For years, I was a "corporate boy" but things never quite added up right. That caused me to dig beyond the criminal justice classes of college.

    I've studied both sides and have been involved with both sides. If you want to be honest about it, research the other side instead of arguing from the one side you know.

    By the way, do you ever watch that PD Live show? I do, from time to time. I enjoy watching those half-assed "sovereign citizens" get in a bind with the cops. I watch them screw up by the numbers. Their performance is akin to an idiot watching a couple of videos on how to fly a Cessna and then go try and steal a Tomcat.

    Me? I don't care, anymore. We can't even get a majority of originalist-minded congressmen elected, so why should I think we have a chance of bringing the country back to its constitutional foundation?
    I have researched the other side, and history along with law shows their answers to be based on poor interpretations of both history and law.

    When someone repeats the same phrase as Jimmy does when they are cornered in their argument, is it not fair to ask the question?

    I have watched that PD show, it is hilarious at times, people really are inane.

    I don't believe we ever left our Constitutional foundations, we have had laws passed that were later found to violate the Constitution by SCOTUS. SCOTUS did its job when the law was challenged.
    Last edited by Traxxas; 12-30-2018 at 06:14 PM.

  7. #26
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    God's Country (aka Texas)
    Posts
    9,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas View Post
    An immigration checkpoint does none of those things. You are still considered innocent until proven guilty, secondary doesn't mean anything other than more questions, so unless you give them probable cause reasons, all you have to do is ask "am I are free to go". Feeling like you are being treated like a criminal doesn't take away any of your rights.

    I' haven't demanded anything of you, you have the right to do as you wish if stopped at an immigration checkpoint. Disclaimer: "your results may vary."

    You still haven't shown you have lost any right from the stop or immigration law or from a fence/wall being put into place.
    Back in the good old days in S. Texas..the smart mouth yankee jail house lawyers start flapping their gums...they did not often try it again. I used to work with a guy who thought a hippy shooting him a peace sign was like an obcenee gesture as prohibited under the discorderly conduct statute. He would jump out of the car..grab the dummy and bend the two offending fingers back till cracking sounds was heard...and screams was heard...then stuff them in the crossbar hotel. Men was men back the. The Cows and Hippies was nervous. We are now a nation of girly men.
    Traxxas likes this.

  8. #27
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas View Post
    I have researched the other side, and history along with law shows their answers. to be based on poor interpretations of both history and law.

    When someone repeats the same phrase as Jimmy does when they are cornered in their argument, is it not fair to ask the question?

    I have watched that PD show, it is hilarious at times, people really are inane.

    I don't believe we ever left our Constitutional foundations, we have had laws passed that were later found to violate the Constitution by SCOTUS. SCOTUS did its job when the law was challenged.
    So, because someone says something that sounds like something Little Jimmy would say you think it is a good idea to try and demean the other member by asking him if he is a student of Little Jimmy? That's not staying on target but getting personal. That starts flame wars. Flame wars wreck threads and end discussions.

    You don't think we've left our constitutional foundation? I do. As a matter of fact, I am quite certain many of the founding fathers would be grabbing rifles if they were brought back to life.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

  9. #28
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    So, because someone says something that sounds like something Little Jimmy would say you think it is a good idea to try and demean the other member by asking him if he is a student of Little Jimmy? That's not staying on target but getting personal. That starts flame wars. Flame wars wreck threads and end discussions.

    You don't think we've left our constitutional foundation? I do. As a matter of fact, I am quite certain many of the founding fathers would be grabbing rifles if they were brought back to life.
    It was the exact same phrase. It wasn't intended to demean him.

    I see the founders as much more reasonable men who talked and discussed their grievances and came to a mutual agreement in re-writing the Articles of Confederation by creating this new governmental framework document called the United States Constitution.
    Last edited by Traxxas; 12-30-2018 at 06:26 PM.

  10. #29
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by denton View Post
    so, because someone says something that sounds like something little jimmy would say you think it is a good idea to try and demean the other member by asking him if he is a student of little jimmy? That's not staying on target but getting personal. That starts flame wars. Flame wars wreck threads and end discussions.

    You don't think we've left our constitutional foundation? I do. As a matter of fact, i am quite certain many of the founding fathers would be grabbing rifles if they were brought back to life.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  11. #30
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas View Post
    It was the exact same phrase. It wasn't intended to demean him.

    I see the founders as much more reasonable men who talked and discussed their grievances and came to a mutual agreement in re-writing the Articles of Confederation by creating this new governmental framework document called the United States Constitution.
    Is this supposed to be a rebuttal or something like that? Did I suggest that the men who went to war against tyranny were not reasonable?
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Understanding Gold and Silver with Regards to Rights and Deeds
    By Denton in forum Economic, Precious Metals, Investing, Finance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 12:24 AM
  2. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 02:09 PM
  3. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 11:46 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 01:26 PM
  5. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Back to Top