Stock Market - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Stock Market

This is a discussion on Stock Market within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Slippy Stocks go up, Stocks go down. I invested pretty heavy the first 20 years of my career then decided that being ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Stock Market

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Stocks go up, Stocks go down.

I invested pretty heavy the first 20 years of my career then decided that being debt free and buying some land/farm and building our dream retirement home... BEFORE I retired... and enjoying the process of working the land MY WAY... while I was still somewhat young... was more important than shoveling as much money into a retirement account.

Being DEBT FREE is one of the absolute best things that I can recommend to young folk. I am more peaceful being debt free. I still invest but its usually in mutual funds not individual stocks.

I watched my old dad die at a relatively young age knowing that he regretted not spending some of the money that he worked hard to save. My Sons will not witness that from their old man!
    This is why when we were working out the exit plan , the bikes were part of it. We ride and it is important to us. Not the top of the list but once the really important things are take care of it is our passion.
    We will leave the Children in good shape. They will also have a few nice bikes .
    Slippy and ekim like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Last week it was “OMG, the stock market has had the worst December since 1931.”
    Today is was “OMG the stock market has had the best day in (insert number here).”

These prognosticators are guessing.
    I remember a number of years ago, an experiment where a chimpanzee threw darts at a board to pick stocks, while the experts were making their professional picks. The chimp out performed them. Remember that?
    yep... it has dropped around $5000 over the last couple of months+- and they they want to look at ONE DAY and celebrate a 20% gain of what was lost

sort of like getting a call from sears telling you the new tires you ordered are in - after you realize your pickup truck that was stolen from your driveway last night
    Denton likes this.
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheHeck View Post
    Dow rallies 1,000 points, logging its biggest single-day point gain ever

And you just lost.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/26/us-f...ve-plunge.html

Buy low.
    Sell high.

But if you are not buying at all, you stand not to gain at all.

Just saying. You have lost.
    In 5 years, you may have stood to gain more than not.
    looks like all that 1,000 point gain is sliding back down
    Be a Berean

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links