This is a discussion on Stock Market within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I have a credit card for the convenience and because Wifey likes the points she converts to kitchen appliances. I have a car note because ...
I have a credit card for the convenience and because Wifey likes the points she converts to kitchen appliances.
I have a car note because it is zero percent interest so there was no reason for me to use my own cash.
I have a trading account but the money has been parked for months because I expected the markets to crater. 1987 made me a tad careful. I'm not out of the game. I'm just watching.
"Reality is almost always wrong."
Dr. Gregory House
When I was young I remember my father telling me if you want to make big money make and sell things people don't need . By that he meant have to have. If you want to work steady stick with things people can't live with out . Food shelters in it basic form ect. If you want to work your ass off for dam little farm. He also said if you work construction in FL and want to get paid, make sure the jobs you take are funded by drug money and crime. They never file bankruptcy and always pay.
I have some what followed that advice in investments. Spread things out Midcap funds that were in company's that made real products people used and needed . Small amounts were in and out of tech but avoid it so the tech crashes never hurt.
He also warned my about social security and the big lie. His advice don't count on it. Seems he had insight.
New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.
Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
After reading this Obama said I am on it.
of course getting out at the wrong time is bad... but I moved out about 2 months ago.... so was that the wrong time...
AND usually the tricky part is deciding when to get back in.. after all getting out on a down turn will never hurt you...
lets look at two cases
1. let say you got $25000 in the market. it starts going down and you move to a safe account at $24000.... it goes down to 19,000 - you have $24,000
2. you got $25000 in the market and it goes down to $19,000 - you have $19,000
now let say it goes back up to 25,000
1. you get back in at $22,500... you avoided $5,000 in loses so have more to invest
2. you ride it down and up and you end up at $25,000 having gained or lost nothing except time
Be a Berean
The key to the stock market is to understand rules #1 - #4, and to follow rule #5:
1) Know that your 401k, stocks and bonds, mutual funds, and even your social security, is governed by the US government restricting your taxable rate and even your potential access. It is all tied to a fiat currency that is backed by absolutely no guarantees or anything of tradeable value.
2) Stocks investing is in reality using available funds to buy fictional portions of a company that theoretically grows in theoretical value, creating an assumed increase in said theoretical value which is then sold for fictitious money that never actually existed and then perhaps calling one's self richer.
3) The market is just money moving around, not money disappearing.
4) A stock only has a perceived value driven by optimism, greed, manipulation and fear, making it subject to an uncontrollable fluctuation.
5) Don't get stupid or greedy.
I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content
2% cash back equals a 2% discount. That may not seem like much but it buys me One or two guns every year. Free guns just for shopping and paying my bills! I’ll take it!