USS Toledo SSN 769
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

USS Toledo SSN 769

This is a discussion on USS Toledo SSN 769 within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Hey, I commissioned this boat back in the 90's. Its not a prepping video, but, it shows how they have to manage food for several ...

Like Tree17Likes
  • 9 Post By Steve40th
  • 2 Post By Smitty901
  • 2 Post By Maine-Marine
  • 2 Post By Lunatic Wrench
  • 2 Post By ssn637

Thread: USS Toledo SSN 769

USS Toledo SSN 769

Hey, I commissioned this boat back in the 90's. Its not a prepping video, but, it shows how they have to manage food for several months, in a small area for 150 plus people... Interesting numbers, and video..

Very cool!

Super Moderator

Thanks much for sharing that with us.
    A buddy did for years in the Navy as a submariner. He says life on a sub isn't easy but the food makes it bearable.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Spent some time on an older carrier CVA-60 The Saratoga . What really impressed me was 101 air craft and 5,000 on board how they kept all that air power up and ready and managed to feed the crew.
    Denton and Steve40th like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

as a Marine, I was never on a sub.. but I spent time on the USS Vancouver, ST. Louis, Anchorage, Alamo, and the Juneau... we always had good food
    Be a Berean

Gotta hand it to those guys. I'm not claustrophobic and I have been on a WWII U boat, there is no way I'm leaving the dock.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Wrench View Post
    Gotta hand it to those guys. I'm not claustrophobic and I have been on a WWII U boat, there is no way I'm leaving the dock.
    I've toured the Drum many times at the USS Alabama park in Mobile. I know that boat was in service during WWII and today's boats are better, but it is still mind-blowing.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I thought the destroyer Turner Joy was cramped until I went on the USS Blueback years ago in Portland Or. which my earlier post stated as a U boat, my apologies.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Spent 6 years plowing holes through the water on the SSN637, Northern run load outs were always the worst. Walked on number 10 cans for months hitting my 6 foot 2 inch head on EBA ports and other low hangers. Best time of my life great memories.
    Chiefster23 and Steve40th like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ssn637 View Post
    Spent 6 years plowing holes through the water on the SSN637, Northern run load outs were always the worst. Walked on number 10 cans for months hitting my 6 foot 2 inch head on EBA ports and other low hangers. Best time of my life great memories.
    37s were great tracking boats. All I did was ride 688s.

Sponsored Links