start to finish things to think about for buggin out in the city as a renter
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

start to finish things to think about for buggin out in the city as a renter

This is a discussion on start to finish things to think about for buggin out in the city as a renter within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; What can the city person, who is a renter do to make sure their bug out plan is good? have the bug out bag.. but ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: start to finish things to think about for buggin out in the city as a renter

Question start to finish things to think about for buggin out in the city as a renter

What can the city person, who is a renter do to make sure their bug out plan is good?
    have the bug out bag.. but what next what would mark a good place for us non land owners
    to stay at for a while with out getting picked off ourselves by the land owner.
    Buggin in in los angeles and other major cities just isnt feasable during social unrest or earthquake.

please some tips on where to go, how to be a friendly and not a liability to the rightful land owner or
    show that we are worth adding to their group. basically to say we are worth more alive than dead.
    PrepperRecon.com and Dropy like this.

Great question. If it was me, I would be heading to a National Forest (Angeles, Los Padres, or San Bernadino) depending on the situation and which way the threat came. Have topology maps highlighted with at least different routes you would take (avoid highways) that you can take. Laminate them if possible and put copies in your bugout bag, some in your car, and leave one with a note in case a family member came to your apartment and was looking for you to let them know where you are heading. From my understanding, you can camp in a National Park anywhere that there are signs prohibiting to do so. You could try to find someone (prepper) within a days walk in all your directions and get to know them prior to anything happening and offer the same if something effected their area that you could provide for them if they needed to come your way. Personally, just knowing that your sons are in the military, I would open my door right away to you (that means a lot of a family), so try to think of a way to incorporate that if you had to talk to a land owner. It might be worth noting to see if there are storage buildings within a day walk from your place and see if the cost is feesible to rent. From there, you can store a few barrels of water and a food cache. This might run into some money in the long run, but be worth if in dire situations. Would give you a good place to stay the night, but of course you could have looters trying to cut locks while your there.

I think Survival's answer is pretty thorough. There are several areas around the country where you could buy a few acres for under $10K. You can also buy a used pop up camper for an other couple thousand.
    shotlady likes this.
    "In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish mans devours all he has." Proverbs 21:20 Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

As far as bug out bags..yearzerosurvival.com has a nice website...very friendly.
    You may be able to join other survival groups who already have a bug out location and common survival interests. Its not always about fending for yourself, but also about forming protected communities of like minded individuals. Explore...
    shotlady likes this.

wow! thank you so much! storage area! what a great idea i can stock pile ammo and water and coupla other things i dont wish to carry/ or incase i get stripped of my bug out bag on the way i have back up. thats so cool! what great ideas. i really thank you so much!
    thank you keep the ideas coming if you have them.thank you so much!

Im in sherman oaks, the san fernando valley. so buggin to acton was going to be my deal its 58 miles. a soul can prolly only travel 20 miles per day.

If you were closer to Colorado I would invite you here. I would think someone with your shooting skills would be an asset to a small family or group Trying to protect there homestead. I know I have told my friends who have and know how to use guns to come hang out here if SHTF.
    shotlady likes this.
    Be prepared.
    Boy Scout Motto.

Ok, how about yopu setup a couple storage units that are on your route out of town? You could park a trailer in one. the trailer could be prepacked (so you dont clutter up your apartment) and make it easy to just hook up and go. Also the storage unti can be lived in with a few small modifications....temporarilty atleast. Next would national forest lands. Buy and acre or 2 somewhere you can get too is also feasable....even if the land isnt the best, it can be made better. Networking is an awesome choice. get to know other folks near you.
    shotlady likes this.

i ran recon on saturday and did surface streets to the back way through the angeles forest. itll be a rough go. but im a tough woman and will make it. the neighborhoods are sketchy bad. quite a few bridges that could break and the gulleys would be something else. we lightened my load of my bug out bag from almost 37 lbs to 20. my friend thinks i dont need 400 rounds of 9 and 250 of 22 thinking that if i get in three gun fights ill prolly survive 2. also noticed most of it was the road on the low plain and there were plenty of places to sit uptop to snipe me ifn im walking. now its my thinking to be astute enough before people start misbehaving know and mobilize withing an hour of earthquake/disaster. and i wouldnt during civil unrest be able to get through the hoods. even though i live in a very nice area the areas surounding me and the evac route are pretty bad and i wouldnt drive them anytime no 6am-11am would be the only seemingly safe drive time. pretty gang infested.
    survival likes this.

i want to apologize for the photos being off but i had stuck my hand through the sunroof to get photos. stratigically whats the best way with the tunnel and the road being lower than the mountains?
    survival likes this.

Shotlady. Trying to bug out into the hills in so. calie is going to be sucicide at best. You would have little or no chance to survive on foot out in the nearby woods. There are what 7-8 million people living next to you right ? Most if not the largest percent would wait for the gobert to "help" them. But figure about 1/2 million of them also plan on bugging out to the same place as you. You have no real end in sight, just a less pop. area right ? Wrong.

Spend your vacations looking for someplace much further away from the city of idiots and then try and put the min. down on a few isolated acres. Property with no improvements, utilities or even paved roads generally go fairly cheap. Then, find an old single wide mobil home and have it dragged to your property. Now, at least you have a place to go to. If you have a hill on your property, have a local come out with a back hole and cut a notch in the side of the hill, and then put a conex container ( shiping container) in the tight spot. Back fill and the only way in is through the very solid doors. Now, you can even stockpile food, garden seed, and even tp in large quanities. Now, you not only have an end target to get to, but storage provisions in place to see your through. Oh, you can plant some fast growing bushes etc in front of the container door to make it even more obsure and safe. Put it at least 100 yards from your mobil home. Now you can work on getting solar, wind etc and a back up genie.

This is what I would give my most thought to. Try and find the place that is about 1 full tank of gas to get to also, as if the s...t hits the fan, gas stations would not be avail any longer., Your bug out bags should last you at least twice as long as you think the trip would take walking. So, if it 200 miles from you , plan on several days food and water to walk if nec . to get to your property. Also, plan on it for winter and summer as they both require very different preps for the journey. You do better with your brain then with a gun. Always keep that in mind.
    shotlady likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links