Gun Rights Groups - Page 8
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gun Rights Groups

This is a discussion on Gun Rights Groups within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by The Resister While I appreciate your input, your criticisms are equally applicable to those who think they have to make every thread ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Gun Rights Groups

Quote Originally Posted by The Resister View Post
    While I appreciate your input, your criticisms are equally applicable to those who think they have to make every thread I participate in a penis measuring contest. I appreciate those who put me on ignore.
    As you know, I respect the old Japanese culture of Edo. For example, if a man had lost face (embarrassed himself or brought dishonor to his friends) he would take out his tanto (a knife made from a katana blade) and use this to draw across his stomach, often having his intestines drop out. This was called "seppuku." He was in such pain, that his best friend stood behind him with a katana and beheaded him the moment he felt his friend would cry out, further disgracing himself.

I find your posts a waste of time. If you want us to ignore yours, I respect that, and your desire to stop wasting our time and the forum's bandwidth. I hereby end this as a loyal Samurai would before the disgraced individual cried out in pain. I hereby put you on "ignore."
    Last edited by The Tourist; 12-02-2018 at 07:42 AM.
    The Resister likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

“Ignore” doesn’t really work on here. Someone always “replies with a quote” and the original post pops up and you wind up seeing it anyway. I tried it with our resident troll “toejammer” and it was worthless. You just have to suffer thru all the garbage and have the self discipline not to read the trash.
    Denton and The Resister like this.

That's okay. Most of the guys would waste my time have friends who waste my time, too. This "ignore" is coming up just fine on my computer.
    Denton and The Resister like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    That's okay. Most of the guys would waste my time have friends who waste my time, too. This "ignore" is coming up just fine on my computer.
    Is it possible that I can’t see it because I’m viewing and posting from an IPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I have been a NRA member forever but tonight I started thinking about what other groups are out there fighting for our 2nd Amendment Rights since honestly I am not real pleased with the NRA. After doing a search I was surprised to find there was other groups I have not heard of. What’s your thoughts on the matter?
    I was a member of the NRA for a short while because you had to join to go certain shooting contests. Never did see the use of prolonging the relationship other than getting the magazine which never did have much interesting to say. Heard a while back a muzzie was running it..but who knows for sure? Obummer took all our money anyway so not enough coins to re up on that deal.
    Denton likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    Register you may be my only enemy on here (wish it didn’t have to be that way), but you seem to have many. Does that tell you anything?
    Unfortunately yes, but you won't like it. Throughout history, as when the masses gathered together to worship the Golden Calf, majorities have been proven wrong. When the masses are gathered together, they become as a mob.

EVERYTHING I say and do politically and in lobbying is based upon the premise that America was founded on Christian principles. Every solution I offer is not my own, but has an historical counterpart from the Bible. BTW, you want respect, but fail to even bother spelling my board name right. So, yes, what is being said tells me a lot. My response:

Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man! Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven; for so their fathers did to the prophets" ( Luke 6:21)

Unless I chant the correct mantra, I am locked out of the discussion and people seek to become my enemy. Yes sir, what goes on in the responses I get tells me a lot. For example a wise man once told me that the only person who ever got anything from following the horses was the street cleaner... and you know what he got. Actually I have no original lines, so I'll share a couple or so with you:

Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood... Being in a minority, even in a minority of one, did not make you mad. There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad.” ― George Orwell, 1984

A lot of things get said about me, but if you look closely I am NOT the one initiating the pissing matches. I have critics who make every thread a referendum about me. They ignore the topic. But, sir, when people are calling me out and then backing down; when they are calling me a liar; when they want to challenge me while their buddies look on,and try to bait me so they can get me banned and then lack the courage to talk smack to my face, it tells me all I need to know about them. They're the ones who cannot check their egos at the door and have a civil and productive conversation.

Yeah, I'm the most unpopular man on this board. I don't follow the masses and when you need to hear something you haven't heard before, that is my duty and obligation as a servant of Jesus to speak the truth. Jesus never preached to the masses, but rather to the small core group of believers who searched the Scriptures, accepted sound counsel and acted on the Commandment of God.

I am committed to God given unalienable Rights. What our Creator has bestowed upon me is not for sale; it is not up for a negotiation; it is not to be compromised. Our founding fathers left us a Republic... and as Benjamin Franklin said "if you can keep it." The reality is, if my critics had fought the enemies of America as hard as they've fought me, the Republic would be saved. That's something you should think about.

If people misunderstand what I say, they would get a much different conversation if they would ask questions instead of cluttering up threads I participate in with usual WWE banter... which is designed solely to keep others from being able to consider both sides of the issue.

Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.” Luke 6: 26

As you said, you have NO enemies on this board. You cannot force me to become your first.
    Last edited by The Resister; 12-02-2018 at 11:51 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I was a member of the NRA for a short while because you had to join to go certain shooting contests. Never did see the use of prolonging the relationship other than getting the magazine which never did have much interesting to say. Heard a while back a muzzie was running it..but who knows for sure? Obummer took all our money anyway so not enough coins to re up on that deal.
    Thank you for posting something relevant about gun rights groups. Just an anecdotal story here:

I was at a gun show one year. A guy named Mac Collins was running for Congress. He had a table, but was not there. Collins had an A 1 rating from the NRA. So, when one of his supporters asked for my vote, I told him if he could accurately tell me where we got our unalienable Rights from, I'd promise to vote for Collins. "Why, we get them from God" the man tells me. A little while later, Mac shows up and is working the gun show crowd. The guy I spoke with was with him. Mac stops me to solicit me for his vote and his friend was preoccupied with another man. I told Mac that I had already spoken with the man that was with him and that I had promised to vote for him if his friend could accurately tell me where we get our Rights from. "That is easy, we get our Rights from the Constitution" Mac says. I put my hand on the shoulder of Mac's friend (who had now joined our conversation) and said, "Thank this man for my vote. Had you answered me with that response before I promised to vote for you, I'd vote for the Libertarian." Moral: How can the NRA effectively lobby for your unalienable Rights when the politicians they endorse don't even know where they come from?
    Chiefster23 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Resister View Post
    Register you may be my only enemy on here (wish it didn’t have to be that way), but you seem to have many. Does that tell you anything?
    Unfortunately yes, but you won't like it. Throughout history, as when the masses gathered together to worship the Golden Calf, majorities have been proven wrong. When the masses are gathered together, they become as a mob.

EVERYTHING I say and do politically and in lobbying is based upon the premise that America was founded on Christian principles. Every solution I offer is not my own, but has an historical counterpart from the Bible. BTW, you want respect, but fail to even bother spelling my board name right. So, yes, what is being said tells me a lot. My response:

Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man! Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven; for so their fathers did to the prophets" ( Luke 6:21)

Unless I chant the correct mantra, I am locked out of the discussion and people seek to become my enemy. Yes sir, what goes on in the responses I get tells me a lot. For example a wise man once told me that the only person who ever got anything from following the horses was the street cleaner... and you know what he got. Actually I have no original lines, so I'll share a couple or so with you:

Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood... Being in a minority, even in a minority of one, did not make you mad. There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad.” ― George Orwell, 1984

A lot of things get said about me, but if you look closely I am NOT the one initiating the pissing matches. I have critics who make every thread a referendum about me. They ignore the topic. But, sir, when people are calling me out and then backing down; when they are calling me a liar; when they want to challenge me while their buddies look on,and try to bait me so they can get me banned and then lack the courage to talk smack to my face, it tells me all I need to know about them. They're the ones who cannot check their egos at the door and have a civil and productive conversation.

Yeah, I'm the most unpopular man on this board. I don't follow the masses and when you need to hear something you haven't heard before, that is my duty and obligation as a servant of Jesus to speak the truth. Jesus never preached to the masses, but rather to the small core group of believers who searched the Scriptures, accepted sound counsel and acted on the Commandment of God.

I am committed to God given unalienable Rights. What our Creator has bestowed upon me is not for sale; it is not up for a negotiation; it is not to be compromised. Our founding fathers left us a Republic... and as Benjamin Franklin said "if you can keep it." The reality is, if my critics had fought the enemies of America as hard as they've fought me, the Republic would be saved. That's something you should think about.

If people misunderstand what I say, they would get a much different conversation if they would ask questions instead of cluttering up threads I participate in with usual WWE banter... which is designed solely to keep others from being able to consider both sides of the issue.

Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.” Luke 6: 26

As you said, you have NO enemies on this board. You cannot force me to become your first.
    I have not done most of what you have accused me of here. Also getting upset because I shortened up your name a bit like I tend to do when I type? Give me a break man, that’s pretty picky. Trying to find things to get upset with someone. I simply disagree with most of what you say on here and it seems that is going to continue to be the case. With that said I choose to discontinue to converse with you. I think it will save us both a lot of time being wasted.
    Slippy and Denton like this.

Yep,

This world has done gone crazy...

Banned

I have not done most of what you have accused me of here. Also getting upset because I shortened up your name a bit like I tend to do when I type? Give me a break man, that’s pretty picky. Trying to find things to get upset with someone. I simply disagree with most of what you say on here and it seems that is going to continue to be the case. With that said I choose to discontinue to converse with you. I think it will save us both a lot of time being wasted.
    I have not accused you specifically of anything. When disrespect is perceived, a defensive posture is taken. If you intended no ill will, I do apologize. You asked about the "many" who have decided to make me their enemy. There are those who fit the description of that small, but vocal group you call many.

Is there any chance we can get back to the topic of gun rights groups now?
    Last edited by The Resister; 12-05-2018 at 08:09 AM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links