2A on Linkin - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

2A on Linkin

This is a discussion on 2A on Linkin within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy But donít forget in the dark days of 1940, your island nation was so unprepared to repel any invasion ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: 2A on Linkin

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    But donít forget in the dark days of 1940, your island nation was so unprepared to repel any invasion by Hitler, and your Army had lost most of its small arms at Dunkirk, that your government issued an urgent plea to American sportsmen to send any guns they could in order to form British civilians into a Home Guard. Which of course we did. Deer rifles, bird hunting shotguns, and ammo.
    Do they teach that in your school history class?
    Yes they do. Like they teach that in 1960s the U.K. thought about ceding to the US as the 51st state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Denton likes this.

2A on Linkin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    The Rothchilds own England, and have since the late 1600's, correct.
    But, England is one of the oldest, longest lasting Nations. They have been invaded many times since 1066..William of Orange, Germans, Vikings,
    Erm. No.

William of Orange? Grandson of King Charles 1st of England, Son in law of King James of England. Invaded? No, a Glorious revolution Iíll give you but not an invasion.
    Germans? Invaded?? Nope.
    Vikings? Invaded before 1066. Right idea, wrong timeline.

There has been no invasion never mind a successful invasion from a foreign Nation (note nation) since 1066.

Fangfarrier

Last edited by fangfarrier; 11-19-2018 at 12:31 PM.
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fangfarrier View Post
    Erm. No.

William of Orange? Grandson of King Charles 1st of England, Son in law of King James of England. Invaded? No, a Glorious revolution I’ll give you but not an invasion.
    Germans? Invaded?? Nope.
    Vikings? Invaded before 1066. Right idea, wrong timeline.

There has been no invasion never mind a successful invasion from a foreign Nation (note nation) since 1066.

Fangfarrier

Uh, you forgot about Elvis. Sure, y'all used the Beatles as a return volley...
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

My ancestors were “asked” to leave Scotland by the government.
    My great-great-great-great grandfather paid the crown back by taking up a musket and joining George Washington’s Continental Army and driving the Red Coats back across the sea.
    Firearms in the hands of a free people is in our American blood.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Our country has been going, without invasion, since 1066.
    I do believe there are only 22 countries you fellows havenít invaded though.

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    I do believe there are only 22 countries you fellows haven’t invaded though.
    So that would mean there are 23-24 countries that haven't thrashed them at some point to make them go away?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - James Mattis Hidden Content

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by White Shadow View Post
    So that would mean there are 23-24 countries that haven't thrashed them at some point to make them go away?
    After the British learned their lesson about messing with the United States in the war of 1812, we have been the closest two allies in the world.
    We have fought together in every war since World War One, with the exception of Vietnam - and even then we had Australians alongside.

So, I do respect the friendship between our two nations.
    Denton and ekim like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I was only thinking in terms of all the places they colonized and how almost all of them rose up and tossed them out at some point.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - James Mattis Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by White Shadow View Post
    I was only thinking in terms of all the places they colonized and how almost all of them rose up and tossed them out at some point.
    Itís like children. If you have raised them right theyíll be eager to be independent.

Fangfarrier

Denton, ekim and modfan like this.

The Good Cop

It’s like children. If you have raised them right they’ll be eager to be independent.

Fangfarrier

Plus, after WWII, with the founding of the United Nations, Great Britain was forced to give up many of her former colonies.
    It was both political and economic.
    Denton and ekim like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links