Just ranting
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Just ranting

This is a discussion on Just ranting within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Went to Wally world tonight, bought some aspirin and dog food. Finished shopping around 9:30 p.m. Got to the front of the store and surprise ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Just ranting

Just ranting

Went to Wally world tonight, bought some aspirin and dog food. Finished shopping around 9:30 p.m. Got to the front of the store and surprise surprise... Only one register open. 19 empty registers and 20 plus people in line to check out. Makes me ask What the hell is going on? Plenty of employees walking around the store, and I do mean walking around not doing anything that resembled work. Shelves nearly bare, store a mess and then you wait to be checked out at the only register open... Then the ultimate insult... After waiting in line for nearly half an hour, you get searched and asked for your receipt before you can leave, all the while you are being photographed on nearly every isle. Makes one wonder what country one woke up in this morning.
    Cogito, ergo sum. Rene' Descartes

You've stepped into the Wally Zone
    Denton likes this.
    I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number please.

Stupidity, the New Common Sense

Super Moderator

@Bigfoot63 You do know once you have purchased your items they now belong to you and no one has a right to look at them or the receipt unless you choose to show it to them, right? I don't even acknowledge them when they ask I just keep walking. They do the same crap at Sam's Club and there is always a long line of people waiting to leave and have their receipt checked. I bypass the entire line and just walk out. Most of the time if you act like you know what you are doing they don't even notice you.

People show their receipt because they are sheep. Don't be a sheep.
    RedLion, Denton, Slippy and 2 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot63 View Post
    Went to Wally world tonight, bought some aspirin and dog food. Finished shopping around 9:30 p.m. Got to the front of the store and surprise surprise... Only one register open. 19 empty registers and 20 plus people in line to check out. Makes me ask What the hell is going on? Plenty of employees walking around the store, and I do mean walking around not doing anything that resembled work. Shelves nearly bare, store a mess and then you wait to be checked out at the only register open... Then the ultimate insult... After waiting in line for nearly half an hour, you get searched and asked for your receipt before you can leave, all the while you are being photographed on nearly every isle. Makes one wonder what country one woke up in this morning.
    I was just in there today, and ditto the shelves were half bare. Also tons of rather un-busy employees wandering about the place.

Same here. But I bitch up a storm! I have already had a manager open up a register just for me to get me out if the store. One trip, I had a full cart with some frozen foods loaded. After waiting a too long I just left the cart in line and walked out. I try not to be a pain-in-the a—, but if the store treats me bad I am going to return the favor.

Another pet peeve is the broken, frozen, and/or loose wheels on their shopping carts. They seldom fix the carts. Walmarts suck and their employees and managers are lazy.

In my area I am pretty much stuck shopping there because wally-world has put most of the competition out of business.
    A Watchman, Denton and Camel923 like this.

And just tell me why please, tell me why in the hell do people have to walk down the else 4 abreast, on the phone each of them, and then stop right in the middle of said isle to have a gab fest! They are all most likely freakin talking to each other on the damn phone for crying out loud! Do your business and then get the hell out of the way. Wally World should not be a social event! Repeat! NOT A SOCIAL EVENT!

Oh, and while checking out??? These same "rocket scientists" that would have a hard enough time putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4, are always talking on that freakin damned phone, 8 kids running wild, while spreading their purchase over 4 credit cards, what's left on their Lone Star card, and pennies! Then!!! Get this!!! then the geniuses start backing off some of their purchases because they STILL don't have enough damned money for their beer, bags of Pork Rinds, and Soda Pop. All the while of course!!!!! Still talking on that freakin damn phone!!!
    Last edited by Prepared One; 10-16-2018 at 04:28 AM.
    A Watchman, Denton and Slippy like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    And just tell me why please, tell me why in the hell do people have to walk down the else 4 abreast, on the phone each of them, and then stop right in the middle of said isle to have a gab fest! They are all most likely freakin talking to each other for crying out loud! Do your business and then get the hell out of the way. Wally World should not be a social event! Repeat! NOT A SOCIAL EVENT!

Oh, and while checking out??? These same "rocket scientists" that would have a hard enough time putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4, are always talking on that freakin damned phone, 8 kids running wild, while spreading their purchase over 4 credit cards, what's left on their Lone Star card, and pennies! Then!!! Get this!!! then the geniuses start backing off some of their purchases because they STILL don't have enough damned money for their beer, bags of Pork Rinds, and Soda Pop. All the while of course!!!!! Still talking on that freakin damn phone!!!
    Nothing makes my blood boil worse than stopping to yack in the middle of an aisle or a designated walkway. Yapper chicks suck …. tell all of your friends!
    Last edited by A Watchman; 10-16-2018 at 04:21 AM.
    Prepared One and Denton like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

My best walmart story!!! The lady in front of me has a gigantic load in her cart. Time to pay, she whips out an expensive wallet that folds open to reveal each credit card in it’s own slot so each is clearly visible. SHE HAD 11 OF THOSE WELFARE DEBIT CARDS !

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot63 View Post
    I questioned this years ago, did some research and found that it's intentional.

They have done testing and studies that prove customers waiting in a line (for a certain amount of time) will spend more money while looking at all the crap surrounding them while waiting.

One of the reasons I go to Walmart as little as possible.
    Denton likes this.
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

The wallmart around here recently did a complete store re-organization.

The 10 Items or Less check outs have been replaced with 20 Self-Check Out. There is a HD monitor right above the touch screen displaying everything you do while checking out.
    Denton likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links