Gulf Coast to be Raked by a Hurricane? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gulf Coast to be Raked by a Hurricane?

This is a discussion on Gulf Coast to be Raked by a Hurricane? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Any storm that makes into into the Gulf I pay attention to. I am well prepared but this storm is going ashore well east of ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Gulf Coast to be Raked by a Hurricane?

Any storm that makes into into the Gulf I pay attention to. I am well prepared but this storm is going ashore well east of Texas. Stay safe to all in it's path.
    Piratesailor likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I assure you this storm is going to make a mess of Pensacola. I'm supposed to be on vacation there come the 21st.
    Stop by McQuires Irish Pub in P'Cola and say hello to my lassies...

Back in the early 80's I put a dollar on the ceiling. Look for it, it says SLIPPY WUZ HERE!

https://www.mcguiresirishpub.com/
    MikeTango, Piratesailor and Denton like this.

Super Moderator

@rice paddy daddy - Passing it off to you. Looks like I'll be in the clear.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    @rice paddy daddy - Passing it off to you. Looks like I'll be in the clear.
    5 PM update today shows it coming ashore in Florida's Big Bend area as a Cat 2, we will be on the bad side (right side). Supposed to still be 60 MPH when it gets over South Carolina, so that means we'll probably get 75-80 MPH steady with higher gusts when it comes a-knockin' at Ye Olde Homestead.
    We will lose power for sure, but our roof is only 6 months old, replaced after Irma tore it up last year, so I'm not worried about that. Florida wind code requires all homes to be built to withstand 125 MPH winds. And the horse stalls I built myself have withstood every hurricane and tropical storm since 2002. Our sheds and barns are professionally built.
    I've got 30 gallons of non-ethanol 89 octane for the generator, and 7 twenty pound propane bottles for the kitchen stove. The well aerator holds 200 gallons of water.

This is no big deal for those of us who have our sh** together.
    (Yankees, maybe a big deal)
    Denton, phrogman, Annie and 1 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Keeps shifting east so it looks like we might be in the clear or at worst on the left side of the eye. Either way we will be ready. Had a party for the McGregor vs Khabib fight last night and I have plenty of beer and chips to last a while.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by phrogman View Post
    Keeps shifting east so it looks like we might be in the clear or at worst on the left side of the eye. Either way we will be ready. Had a party for the McGregor vs Khabib fight last night and I have plenty of beer and chips to last a while.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Yes, it looks like we're going to be in the clear and I am happy for us. Someone's going to get popped, though.
    At least my vacation will be a go.

As far as the fight, I don't want to talk about it. McGregor is an asshole, but I wanted him to beat the Muslim. So much for that.
    phrogman and Annie like this.
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

We went through enough of it here last year, someone else can have it for a while. This weekend is looking like a sunny 75 for us. About time fall got here.
    Piratesailor likes this.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Not that anyone on here would, but don’t get to complacent with this storm. The NWS is now saying it will be a cat 3. Although they are looking at the big bend area of Florida they are also counting on a front that pushes it to the NE. Depending on the timing of that front it could land more to the west or more to the east.

Now personally.. I’m looking forward to that front arriving sooner than later... cooler and drier weather!!!
    Denton likes this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

I went into the Gulf on Saturday, at Indian Rocks Beach, and the water was warm & great. Not the least bit cold, but not Summer temp either, it was wonderful. And the red tide is gone.
    [Yes, I am ancillary, and I miss the point a lot; I think that I just gave a beach report, instead of addressing the danger.]
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 10-08-2018 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Added to the post.
    Denton and phrogman like this.

Super Moderator

This one is not going to be a joke. Right now, there is a possibility of a Cat 4 hitting Panama City.

Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links