How much should we worry about immigrants to America? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How much should we worry about immigrants to America?

This is a discussion on How much should we worry about immigrants to America? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Daddy O Our borders are too big, and the allure too great. We will never stop illegal immigration. I've lived in border ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: How much should we worry about immigrants to America?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy O View Post

Our borders are too big, and the allure too great. We will never stop illegal immigration. I've lived in border towns for a total of 14 years, and another 30 in AZ, and it just cannot be done without turning the border zone into a DMZ (which it has already become on the southern border.) As it stands now, the 4th amendment is little more than a theory in the border zone. BP stops people (including white people like y'all) just because they 'didn't recognize your vehicle'. They are supposed to have reasonable suspicion that you are actively in the commission of a crime, but they play fast & loose and make up their own rules. I get stopped all the time for the most insipid reasons. My survivalist friend Dan finally sold his house out near Douglas because he was so tired of BP driving across his private property, or showing up at his barn to ask for ID. Living within 50 miles of the southern border has become like something from a dystopian novel.

Oh, and I forgot the checkpoints.
    Yep, federal checkpoints all along the border.
    No, not AT the border. These are 40-50 miles inside of America. They run 24x7, Border Patrol stops everyone along major highways. Sometimes they actually tell you that your papers are not in order.
    It's way past slippery slope.

Ya'll?
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

You can't stop them. We've done this before.

Learn Spanish.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post

Learn Spanish.
    Ummm No! Speak English or get the **** out!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Okay, don't bother.

In ten years, being mono-lingual will be the same type of handicap not being able to type is now.

You just won't be competitive as an employee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    You take the risk and live like free men or you cower behind sand walls that you built against the tide.
    No one is free.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Take the money from the cuts on UN funding and create 5700 jobs for a new national militia overseen by the military paying $50,000 a year to active members whose sole purpose is to protect the border.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Agreed.
    I refuse to speak Spanish north of the border, and I hate it when I'm in Nogales or some border town and I walk into a store and the clerk just assumes I speak Spanish.
    If you wanna become an American, then the first step is learning the language.
    When in Rome...

I worry about the check stations though. They are just the kind of slippery slope that could work against us.
    The land they sit upon is ceded to the feds indefinitely.
    Their mandate is very broad, and easy to change. Right now it's just Customs and BP manning the stations, but it could just as easily be ATF or DHS.

A few years ago Obama wanted to use the check stations to control the flow of firearms in both directions.
    The story they were selling to the public was that they needed to help Mexico restrict the flow of inexpensive guns from the US to Mexico.
    The only reason it got derailed was that details of operation gunrunner came to light about that time.

Since they re-upped the patriot act, they can add these checkpoints anywhere in the border security zone...and as you saw from the map I posted, that's all the way around the country.
    ekim and hawgrider like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy O View Post
    Agreed.
    I refuse to speak Spanish north of the border, and I hate it when I'm in Nogales or some border town and I walk into a store and the clerk just assumes I speak Spanish.
    If you wanna become an American, then the first step is learning the language.
    When in Rome...
    If any of that were true, in Texas, you'd be speaking whatever the Commanche speak.

If your children are handicapped with only one language, they're going to have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Stupid View Post
    We definitely need tight borders. But I'm wondering, as it stands right now, how secure are we and how much should we worry? Could potential terrorists currently be coming into the country or are things secure enough that no suicide-style Muslims could come in? I know Trump has done a lot of good work to keep them out, but I'm still not 100% sure that some dangerous terrorist couldn't still sneak in somehow.

Fair enough, and it is highly likely that terrorists will make it into America, from Mexico. And it is likely that they will have bombs with them, already made and prepped, ready to go.
    Do you recall this scene from Act Of Valor, where a Chechen terrorist smuggled explosive vests into Mexico? His intent was to send carriers into malls, and other packed places.

Then they would pick the right spot [pre-planned and chosen, and packed with people] to detonate the vest. That was not a made up scenario, that was a SEAL operation, as far as I know.
    I am going by the movie on that. What is stopping it from happening? Maybe we have been lucky since 9/11, and who saw that coming? Nobody, that is who. There are devils in the flesh, who would love to blow up a mall.

Who is there that can prove me wrong? But all that it will take to prove me right, is a detonation of a vest, inside a mall or any crowded place.
    Last edited by MisterMills357; 08-21-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

Man Charged In Chicago In Iranian Spy Plot: Feds

Federal authorities said an Iranian-American man was spying on a Jewish center in Hyde Park.

https://patch.com/illinois/hydepark/...-spy-plot-feds

the MOST interesting part >>>>>>

"Federal authorities said both men worked as foreign agents to "conduct covert surveillance" on the Mojahedin-e Khalq and Israeli/Jewish groups. The men then reported the information collected back to the Iranian government, the federal complaint states.

The complaint said information was gathered about several U.S. Congressmen who have "overt ties" to the Mojahedin-e Khalq. The information was found in a suitcase that was tied to Ghorbani and Doostdar, authorities said. The names of the congressmen haven't been released."
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 08-21-2018 at 06:42 PM.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links