Just venting
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Just venting

This is a discussion on Just venting within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Hey guys, I'm just venting, and I will apologise from the start. I'm 55 recovering from a heart attach that resulted in three stents. I've ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Just venting

Just venting

Hey guys, I'm just venting, and I will apologise from the start. I'm 55 recovering from a heart attach that resulted in three stents. I've spent another week in the hospital with angina and a boatload of tests, episode was brought on by stress. Stress is a bad thing and I am working on avoiding it... But I'm sick and tired of the younger generation ( not all of them) but I see these kids working a full time job like answering a phone for 8 hours, and yes I know it can be stressful, but how do you need a nap and some form of special help to the point of you can't cook dinner or clean the house or yard ? I mean come on... I'm 55, ecovering from a heart attack , dealing with arthritis, and I still run circles around these clowns, I end up doing my yard work, clean my step daughters yard and my step sons yard, plus laundry and supper. I average 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night, not because I choose to but because if I don't do it there is not a very long line of people offering to help me with it. In fact the line of people , who are willing to let it pile up until it can't be overlooked anymore , is getting longer. To quote burgess Meredith in "grumpy old men" " damned kids, can live with them, can't shoot them!" like I said, I'm just venting, but what is up with the kids these days ? Take care old guys , we may need to pull the wagon for a few more decades, while the kids find their stride. Thanks for listening. Take care and prep on.
    Cogito, ergo sum. Rene' Descartes

It would just be my guess that most older generations fear the younger ones. I’m on a boat right now sailing it from London to San Francisco being paid to take a grand trip by two 30 something gay dudes that could afford the boat but not get the skills to bring it home themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot63 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm just venting, and I will apologise from the start. I'm 55 recovering from a heart attach that resulted in three stents. I've spent another week in the hospital with angina and a boatload of tests, episode was brought on by stress. Stress is a bad thing and I am working on avoiding it... But I'm sick and tired of the younger generation ( not all of them) but I see these kids working a full time job like answering a phone for 8 hours, and yes I know it can be stressful, but how do you need a nap and some form of special help to the point of you can't cook dinner or clean the house or yard ? I mean come on... I'm 55, ecovering from a heart attack , dealing with arthritis, and I still run circles around these clowns, I end up doing my yard work, clean my step daughters yard and my step sons yard, plus laundry and supper. I average 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night, not because I choose to but because if I don't do it there is not a very long line of people offering to help me with it. In fact the line of people , who are willing to let it pile up until it can't be overlooked anymore , is getting longer. To quote burgess Meredith in "grumpy old men" " damned kids, can live with them, can't shoot them!" like I said, I'm just venting, but what is up with the kids these days ? Take care old guys , we may need to pull the wagon for a few more decades, while the kids find their stride. Thanks for listening. Take care and prep on.
    You have to take a step backwards. Screw other people's lawns. It's your health and your responsibility to protect it.

I'm not going to lecture you, it's your choice.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

If you received stents, your problem wasn't caused by stress. It may have been aggravated by stress, but stress wasn't the cause.
    Smitty901 likes this.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    If you received stents, your problem wasn't caused by stress. It may have been aggravated by stress, but stress wasn't the cause.
    My father's cardiologist would have disagreed with you. He told my father it wasn't the three packs of smokes a day but it was the stress of Korea and Vietnam that caused the vascular damage.
    No, it couldn't have been the PalMals and Marlboro reds.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Still, stress is bad for the cardiovascular system, they say.
    StratMaster likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by MaterielGeneral View Post
    You have to take a step backwards. Screw other people's lawns. It's your health and your responsibility to protect it.

I'm not going to lecture you, it's your choice.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Unfortunatly, I am part owner in both kids houses, so when the city or county comes knocking because of neglect, I am on the line as well. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind hard work, far from it, I feel good at the end of a job well done, just the way I was raised. Yes you are right it is my choice and I do need to take it easier on myself. I am, but old soldiers don't stop waking up before dawn immediately after retirement.
    StratMaster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    Once again it seems you missed the point! I never said the heart attack was caused by stress, or the stents were the result of stress, what I said was, I don't get the younger generation being wiped out at the end of the day from no physical labor, and I'm not talking about I pulled a double and I'm tired... No, I'm talking about a normal shift and they are so far gone they can't cook, clean, visit, or maintain their investment! I only used my current condition as a point maker! I'm in need of rest and I can and do still work circles around them. Point is we are in the hands of a generation that has no work ethic or takes pride in what they own or accomplish.
    inceptor likes this.

I realize my cardio health is partially my fault, partially hereditary. I am taking steps to get inboard and improve my health so as to hopefully have a quality sunset years. I just can't get my head around the apathy and general laziness I see in a large segment of young people. Again I will admit and acknowledge the fact that it is only a segment and NOT all of the younger generation that is this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot63 View Post
    Unfortunatly, I am part owner in both kids houses, so when the city or county comes knocking because of neglect, I am on the line as well. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind hard work, far from it, I feel good at the end of a job well done, just the way I was raised. Yes you are right it is my choice and I do need to take it easier on myself. I am, but old soldiers don't stop waking up before dawn immediately after retirement.
    So what you're really saying is, not only do you do the lion's share of the necessary chores but you also co-signed or more (invested) just to get these kids started in home ownership. I smell a word: enabling. Here's another thought: Them taking advantage/exploiting your good, hard working nature at your expense. Time for some tough love on the flame thrower level. Try this: "Get your lazy behind out there regularly from NOW ON, or I break my foot off in your ass".
    inceptor, Prepared One, TG and 3 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links