Just venting - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Just venting

This is a discussion on Just venting within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I dunno about that... Seems to me another way of looking at this is that they looked at you, at what you do and then ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Just venting

I dunno about that...

Seems to me another way of looking at this is that they looked at you, at what you do and then at what it did to you, and then they made different decisions.

I went back to college and graduated when I was 48. One of the things that experience did for me was reassure me that the next generation has the same curve and the same number of good folks that we have, and when the time comes, they're going to be just fine, and they're going to improve on everything we've done.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Not co signed, they paid cash for the properties themselves, but renovation , both financially and physically, and skills. And it is not just yard work... It seems their priorities are back assward. Also I'm not venting about my step kids alone. Them I do have some authority over... IE, break my foot off in their hind quarters.
    StratMaster likes this.
    Cogito, ergo sum. Rene' Descartes

@jammer, nothing wrong with education or working smarter not harder , but in addition to the office grind, their are other things that need care. You wouldn't plant a garden for prepping and then constantly be too tired to tend or even harvest it, would you?
    StratMaster likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    So what you're really saying is, not only do you do the lion's share of the necessary chores but you also co-signed or more (invested) just to get these kids started in home ownership. I smell a word: enabling. Here's another thought: Them taking advantage/exploiting your good, hard working nature at your expense. Time for some tough love on the flame thrower level. Try this: "Get your lazy behind out there regularly from NOW ON, or I break my foot off in your ass".
    I understand where you are coming from and yes I do enable them to some degree for their mothers sake. But my main concern is what happens when those of us who were raised to take care of business and see the jobs to the end are gone. What happens then ,? Who cuts the hedge or the 18 inch high grass. Who makes sure the garbage is on the road or the dogs are fed? Who makes sure the security measures are up and running when Johnny decides he likes your car or bike more than you do?
    StratMaster and inceptor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot63 View Post
    @jammer, nothing wrong with education or working smarter not harder , but in addition to the office grind, their are other things that need care. You wouldn't plant a garden for prepping and then constantly be too tired to tend or even harvest it, would you?
    No. I wouldn't plant a garden for prepping. If it's green and grows, and I look at it, stare at it or, god forbid, touch it, it dies.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

I understand where you are coming from and yes I do enable them to some degree for their mothers sake. But my main concern is what happens when those of us who were raised to take care of business and see the jobs to the end are gone. What happens then ,? Who cuts the hedge or the 18 inch high grass. Who makes sure the garbage is on the road or the dogs are fed? Who makes sure the security measures are up and running when Johnny decides he likes your car or bike more than you do?
    They do what they do because they know you'll take care of it. Much of the younger generation has everything handed to them on a silver platter. They don't give a shit anymore. Trash on the road, hell most have a trashy home because they can't be bothered. Someone else always took care of it so they weren't taught any sense of responsibility.

Kinda reminds me of this video.

Bigfoot63, StratMaster, TG and 1 others like this.

@Bigfoot63

Sell whatever interest you have in your step kid's properties and eliminate that hassle from your life. Send your step kids to me for 6 weeks and I'll whip their little lazy asses into shape.

Problemo solved.

Slip!
    Camel923 and Bigfoot63 like this.

I left 60 behind some time back . I get a kick out of the look on some people faces when they find that out , after working them into the ground. Heck many of them could not keep up with my 88 year old mother in law. We;come to the world we allowed to happen.
    A Watchman likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    I’m on a boat right now sailing it from London to San Francisco being paid to take a grand trip by two 30 something gay dudes that could afford the boat but not get the skills to bring it home themselves.
    Does either look like this guy?
    Attachment 81493
    Announcing Our New web-site 100% CBD products
    Hidden Content

..................... I don't get the younger generation being wiped out at the end of the day from no physical labor, and I'm not talking about I pulled a double and I'm tired... No, I'm talking about a normal shift and they are so far gone they can't cook, clean, visit, or maintain their investment! I only used my current condition as a point maker! I'm in need of rest and I can and do still work circles around them. Point is we are in the hands of a generation that has no work ethic or takes pride in what they own or accomplish.
    I see some of the same things you are talking about Bigfoot63, . . . and I'm tempted to think that the problem is that they have a job but they don't "work".

I'm 73, . . . been thru the open chest aortic valve replacement, . . . knee busted up in a motorcycle accident, . . . can't breathe worth two whoops (they say it is NOT agent orange), . . . and a few other maladies.

BUT, . . . I've been working since I was 14 years old, . . . manual, wrench pulling, hammer wielding, ladder climbing, saw cutting, . . . labor. I've built two houses, one was literally from the ground up, . . . a couple of sheds, . . . two car garage, . . . leather shop, . . .

I "fix" my tractors, mowers, quad, roto-tillers when they go bad or berserk, . . .

The generation we see does not do that. They write the check to pay someone else to do it . . . wipe their brow, . . . and complain because they had to get up from their Xbox or PC and go show the delivery guy where to drop it. Their "tool box" is an assortment of cables that allows them to change the associated stuff that enhances their Xbox or PC.

My "tools" would easily fill up a pickup bed, . . . and I know how to use all of them.

No, . . . today's generation just simply does not physically work, . . . therefore they have no stamina, . . . no push, no drive, and do not experience the "job well done" feeling of accomplishing a hard manual and menial task.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Slippy, Bigfoot63 and A Watchman like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links