A Question about Faith and Israel and Russia - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

A Question about Faith and Israel and Russia

This is a discussion on A Question about Faith and Israel and Russia within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; The "replacement theology" that the US is Israel, . . . or the church is Israel, . . . was drummed up by ministers who ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: A Question about Faith and Israel and Russia

The "replacement theology" that the US is Israel, . . . or the church is Israel, . . . was drummed up by ministers who did not see the possibility of a future land mass which would be named Israel, . . . which would occupy much of the land mass of the original Israel.

Two points on that idea:

1) it was a sort of "positive step forward" similar to when Sarah told Abraham to have a child by Hagar, . . . as Sarah did not believe God could intervene and help her to have a child. (And that is THE REASON, . . . HANDS DOWN, . . . ONE AND ONLY that we have the rag heads and camel jockeys hollering Allahue Ackbar today.) While good intentioned, . . . it made for much more trouble farther down the road. In the same manner, . . . the replacement theology got the ministers some accolades, pats on the back, and an "A" for effort, . . . but likewise in their short sighted disbelief in what God could do, . . . they invented a replacement for Israel. Unfortunately, their ministerial descendants have not made any concerted effort to disown or disclaim the ignorance and untruth of "replacement theology".

2) it was (and still is) a serious step backward, because it denies the ability of God to do what HE wants to do, . . . it makes what he did (in May of 1948) in reclaiming Israel for His people as a "Meh" event, . . . instead of the rejoicing that should have been going on by the Christian church, . . . including TODAY for the nation of Israel, . . . we have a bunch of Obama-like "apologists" trying to sell books, . . . DVD's, . . . monthly lessons, . . . etc. for their brand of EOTWAWKI theology that either discounts or trashes the actual statements in the Bible.

Truth is, . . . we are two events from the possibility of the EOTWAWKI event: the erection of Israel's "Temple of God" from Revelation 11, . . . and the "man of sin revealed" from 2 Thessalonians 2 and the book of Daniel.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by allen530 View Post
    Sounds like Replacement theology, what man believes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's also what the Mormons believe. They believe that New Jerusalem will be built in Missouri,
    bigwheel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    It's also what the Mormons believe. They believe that New Jerusalem will be built in Missouri,
    Show me.
    dwight55 and SGG like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allen530 View Post
    Sounds like Replacement theology, what man believes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds like projection on your part.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    The "replacement theology" that the US is Israel, . . . or the church is Israel, . . . was drummed up by ministers who did not see the possibility of a future land mass which would be named Israel, . . . which would occupy much of the land mass of the original Israel.

Two points on that idea:

1) it was a sort of "positive step forward" similar to when Sarah told Abraham to have a child by Hagar, . . . as Sarah did not believe God could intervene and help her to have a child. (And that is THE REASON, . . . HANDS DOWN, . . . ONE AND ONLY that we have the rag heads and camel jockeys hollering Allahue Ackbar today.) While good intentioned, . . . it made for much more trouble farther down the road. In the same manner, . . . the replacement theology got the ministers some accolades, pats on the back, and an "A" for effort, . . . but likewise in their short sighted disbelief in what God could do, . . . they invented a replacement for Israel. Unfortunately, their ministerial descendants have not made any concerted effort to disown or disclaim the ignorance and untruth of "replacement theology".

2) it was (and still is) a serious step backward, because it denies the ability of God to do what HE wants to do, . . . it makes what he did (in May of 1948) in reclaiming Israel for His people as a "Meh" event, . . . instead of the rejoicing that should have been going on by the Christian church, . . . including TODAY for the nation of Israel, . . . we have a bunch of Obama-like "apologists" trying to sell books, . . . DVD's, . . . monthly lessons, . . . etc. for their brand of EOTWAWKI theology that either discounts or trashes the actual statements in the Bible.

Truth is, . . . we are two events from the possibility of the EOTWAWKI event: the erection of Israel's "Temple of God" from Revelation 11, . . . and the "man of sin revealed" from 2 Thessalonians 2 and the book of Daniel.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    ROTF LMAO Replacement theology? Obama? Judge not lest that thou be judged.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    That is true - but, many other denominations have believed this for many centuries

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Show me.
    From Wiki

Discussion
    Tower Hill at Adam-ondi-Ahman, Missouri USA

In one interpretation, Zion refers to a specific location to which members of the millennial church are to be gathered together to live. Stipulated by what is believed by the Latter-day Saints to be the revelation of Joseph Smith (D&C 57:1—5, LDS Church ed.), this is said to be located in Jackson County, Missouri, and its county seat, Independence. The region of Kansas City Metropolitan Area remains important today in the doctrine of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) and the Community of Christ, as well as many smaller branches and offshoots of the Latter Day Saint movement, who view it as having a crucial role to play in their Christian Millennialist theology.
    A Watchman and dwight55 like this.

Banned

"11 The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit.

12 Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honor is humility.

13 He that answers a matter before he hears it, it is folly and shame to him
    ." Proverbs 18 :11 thru 14

Thank you for having examined the links left and respecting a point of view other than what you've been programmed to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Resister View Post
    "11 The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit.

12 Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honor is humility.

13 He that answers a matter before he hears it, it is folly and shame to him
    ." Proverbs 18 :11 thru 14

Thank you for having examined the links left and respecting a point of view other than what you've been programmed to believe.
    Still havent quite figured out the point your making. Mormon apologist maybe? Will agree replacement theology is rampant in a bunch of Christian denominations and has been for a long while. If thats the point..look no further than Methodists..Church of Christ..Episcopals..Catholics..Lutherans and Mormons? lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Thanks for clarifying the nature of the links. I'm glad I didn't waste my time.

Argue with you? Why would I waste my time arguing with someone who simply read other people's anti-Biblical opinions? I'll stick to what the Bible says.

I'm not sure what Roe-v-Wade has to do with this and I don't care. I'll say this; I'll go down any rabbit hole I think needs exploring and you aren't going to tell me which are off limits.

Jeremiah Write has a few sermons out there, by the way. Is he an authority? He must be an authority as he is a "minister."

When the blind lead the blind, both fall into the ditch. Now, go forth and follow whatever man you feel knows best or supports your view. In the end, you'll learn the truth.

See my previous post. The basic point was / is, you judge me and the facts without examining them. I even showed that the Mormons believe in the basic idea, as did the founders of this country, that they have a familial link to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (Israel.) The notion that Jews comprise the whole of Israel is simply not biblical; the Muslims came from Ishmael (who descendants were to be as a wild man with their hand against man and every mans hand against them... perpetual warfare among themselves and the biblical Israelites.)

In showing that the belief is much older than the current thinking, it was analogous to Roe v. Wade. At least when I told you that was the law, you didn't judge me for pointing to a well known fact. Like it or not, the belief that America is the New Jerusalem was believed by most of those who were responsible for the founding of this country.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links