A Question about Faith and Israel and Russia - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

A Question about Faith and Israel and Russia

This is a discussion on A Question about Faith and Israel and Russia within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by allen530 There is no other sliver of land that has been fought over for thousands of years. The mind boggles when you ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: A Question about Faith and Israel and Russia

Quote Originally Posted by allen530 View Post
    There is no other sliver of land that has been fought over for thousands of years.
    The mind boggles when you consider that the fate of that one sliver of land is one of the smaller problems caused by religion.
    Black Lives Matter. Proud to live in a sanctuary city.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer Six View Post
    The mind boggles when you consider that the fate of that one sliver of land is one of the smaller problems caused by religion.
    Please go drown in your own diarrhea..
    dwight55 and Slippy like this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allen530 View Post
    I believe it is the land because God gave it to the Israelites because he made a promise to Abraham Isaac and Jacob to bring them into a promised land. There is no other sliver of land that has been fought over for thousands of years. Just my thoughts. Have a blessed evening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He promised the Israelites that they would own the land forever. He did not say that land would be the promised land.

https://www.mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/winthrop.htm

Also check these links out:

http://www.kimmillerconcernedchristi...lings/1425.pdf

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front.../puritans.html

Massachusetts Bay — "The City Upon a Hill" [ushistory.org]

New Jerusalem | Religion-wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

http://usa-the-republic.com/sheldon emry/old jerusalem not new jerusalem.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Resister View Post
    Ha! Personally, I don't have to click on any of the links as I can read the Bible for myself. I am aware of the blood covenant between God and Abraham. More importantly, I am able to read the prophesies and am able to understand where is going to be the center of an upcoming conflict and exactly why.
    Jerusalem is the center of it, geographically.
    stowlin and A Watchman like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Ha! Personally, I don't have to click on any of the links as I can read the Bible for myself. I am aware of the blood covenant between God and Abraham. More importantly, I am able to read the prophesies and am able to understand where is going to be the center of an upcoming conflict and exactly why.
    Jerusalem is the center of it, geographically.

It's still just a place and there is NO promise that it will be the New Jerusalem prophesied about in the Bible. Our forefathers thought that way and look at the fact they created the greatest nation in the annals of history. We are the only nation on the planet that acknowledges unalienable Rights and has a Constitution guaranteeing people that those Rights are protected from the government. Insuring that the guarantee is kept is up to people like you and I.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Amen! Preach on Brother. Heard a famous TV preacher..forget who right now..say.."All the blessings of the Abrahamic and Davidic Covenants have now been bestowed on Christians also..except..the right to possess the Holy Land. That is reserved strictly for the Jews to call home." Paraphrasing and in a nutshell. Sounded sorta plausible to me but my wife argues with me about it. What do you think?
    The "great divide" is not over IF there is an Abrahamic covenant, . . . or Davidic covenant, . . . but rather to whom it applies.

The Davidic is later, . . . so if we determine to whom the Abrahamic pertains, . . . we have a done deal.

First off, . . . Abraham had a number of sons, . . . and the covenant MUST BE made concerning ONE of them, . . . that is Bible 101. All but the first two sons were basically cut out of any covenant inheritance by Abraham himself, . . . by sending them away.

The sons left were Isaac and Ishmael. Ishmael was the elder sons by some 14 or so years.

Jews and (most) Christians, . . . disregard Ishmael (many, many Biblical references to this), . . . on the grounds he was a son of a slave, a concubine, . . . NOT OF his wife, Sarah.

Isaac was the son of his wife Sarah, . . . and according to the Bible, . . . was THE SON of the Abrahamic covenant.

Moslems and a few non-descript Christians argue that Ishmael should have received the Abrahamic covenant.

The Jews, . . . have from what I understand, . . . unbroken chains of geneological references in their family trees that connect them in an unbroken line back to old Abraham.

The Arabs, Palestinians, and the rest of the moslems in the area, . . . are simply a bunch of mutt bred (and in many cases, seriously INBRED ) folks who happened to be living around the area.

When the "world" set aside a portion of land for Jews to return to in 1948, those who belonged to the Bible based Abrahamic covenant were allowed to "come home".

God has blessed those people beyond the wildest dreams of the originators of the idea. Many, many folks who visit there come back with a profound understanding and visual understanding of the blessings God has bestowed upon the people there, . . . obviously, those of His covenant with Abraham.

Surrounding them are those of the Moslem understanding, . . . living in squalor, filth, and basically subsisting on welfare handouts from Israel, the US, the UN, and the neighboring Moslem nations who harbor a detest for Israel.

AND, . . . it is all too easy to see who is being blessed by God, . . . and who is a hanger on. The land of the Israelites has been blessed to grow crops beyond the wildest dreams of those living there 80, 90, or 100 years ago. The "green" of the Israelite crops goes up to a line in the sand where the mutts take over, . . . and there are no crops, no trees, nothing but sand, rocks, lizards, and hatred.

Yes, . . . God has blessed the Abrahamic covenant, . . . through Isaac, . . . and now down to the Israelites, . . . as His chosen people. Christians, under the New Testament Covenant, are His spiritual people, . . . Jews under the Abrahamic covenant, . . . are His chosen natural people.

As I pointed out in the OP, . . . I truly hope Putin understands this, . . . and steps into the camp that blesses the land of Israel, . . . it would certainly be to the benefit of Russia for him to do so.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Denton and A Watchman like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

It's still just a place and there is NO promise that it will be the New Jerusalem prophesied about in the Bible. Our forefathers thought that way and look at the fact they created the greatest nation in the annals of history. We are the only nation on the planet that acknowledges unalienable Rights and has a Constitution guaranteeing people that those Rights are protected from the government. Insuring that the guarantee is kept is up to people like you and I.
    Huh? Looks like you are mixing man and God, or something. Are you suggesting America is the real Israel?
    Dr. Gregory House

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Huh? Looks like you are mixing man and God, or something. Are you suggesting America is the real Israel?
    According to the Bible and many authorities, it is the New Jerusalem. Are you just wanting to argue about it OR would you rather consult the links?

I'm sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, but the United States was founded by a people who believed that they were the Israelites and America is the New Jerusalem. It is a fact of which I have no control over. Don't argue with me; I'm just the messenger and I don't believe in arguing over what I do and do not believe. It is NOT Christian to do so.

I can tell you that the United States Supreme Court said a woman has a right to an abortion. Whether I believe that the high Court is right is highly disputable. So, don't try to go down that rabbit hole with me. I have copies of well over 200 sermons preached during the founding era, by various ministers and America was founded and built on the premise that we are the New Jerusalem. IN MY OPINION, that presupposition is what made America great. The links will speak for themselves.

According to the Bible and many authorities, it is the New Jerusalem. Are you just wanting to argue about it OR would you rather consult the links?

I'm sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, but the United States was founded by a people who believed that they were the Israelites and America is the New Jerusalem. It is a fact of which I have no control over. Don't argue with me; I'm just the messenger and I don't believe in arguing over what I do and do not believe. It is NOT Christian to do so.

I can tell you that the United States Supreme Court said a woman has a right to an abortion. Whether I believe that the high Court is right is highly disputable. So, don't try to go down that rabbit hole with me. I have copies of well over 200 sermons preached during the founding era, by various ministers and America was founded and built on the premise that we are the New Jerusalem. IN MY OPINION, that presupposition is what made America great. The links will speak for themselves.
    Sounds like Replacement theology, what man believes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Thanks for clarifying the nature of the links. I'm glad I didn't waste my time.

Argue with you? Why would I waste my time arguing with someone who simply read other people's anti-Biblical opinions? I'll stick to what the Bible says.

I'm not sure what Roe-v-Wade has to do with this and I don't care. I'll say this; I'll go down any rabbit hole I think needs exploring and you aren't going to tell me which are off limits.

Jeremiah Write has a few sermons out there, by the way. Is he an authority? He must be an authority as he is a "minister."

When the blind lead the blind, both fall into the ditch. Now, go forth and follow whatever man you feel knows best or supports your view. In the end, you'll learn the truth.
    A Watchman and Real Old Man like this.
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links