Helping the elderly with stress relief
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Helping the elderly with stress relief within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; I am in the very fortunate position of caring for several neighbors who are elderly (75+ years old). They are fountains of knowledge and experience. ...

Like Tree18Likes
  • 7 Post By Arklatex
  • 1 Post By thepeartree
  • 1 Post By
  • 1 Post By Jeep
  • 2 Post By jimb1972
  • 1 Post By Slippy
  • 4 Post By Derma-Redi
  • 1 Post By Camel923

Thread: Helping the elderly with stress relief

I am in the very fortunate position of caring for several neighbors who are elderly (75+ years old). They are fountains of knowledge and experience. My own parents and grandparents are long gone from this world so I seek the experience gained from a lifetime of the school of hard knocks. Much to be learned! Tonight I was fixing to grill up some pork chops. An idea struck me: let the old folks tenderize em for me. So I loaded a gallon bag with pork chops and seasoning and brought it to the old folks. They went apeshit! They punched and squeezed the hell out of em! Said it was the best stress relief they have had in awhile. So folks, please don't forget about the best people on earth: the elderly. They need love and attention too! They loved the chops as well, I feel it gave them a sense of accomplishment. It also gave a nice meal to folks on a fixed income and made me feel better about myself. Please remember the elderly in your preps. They need all the help they can get. They deserve it.
    Jeep, paraquack, Inor and 4 others like this.

Eh? What's that you say? My hearing is going... You say you want to provide me some stress relief??? No need to be fancy about it. Just say "Have a few beers. I'm paying"... 👍
    Arklatex likes this.
    I wouldn't want to be part of any organization that would allow me to be a member.

In Memorium
    Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Cooking is one of the most relaxing jobs for me..in fact it is not a job at all..it is a joy ^^..nice story
    Arklatex likes this.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Man Ark that was kind of touching good on you
    Arklatex likes this.
    Im memory of my brother and fellow Marine, Semper Fidelis. Rest well my friend

Just remember assholes get old too, I am becoming proof of that.
    Jeep and Arklatex like this.

Good job Ark!
    Arklatex likes this.

I have an in law living at our home, she is 82 and has Alzheimer's disease stage 4/5 out of 7 still cognitive but showing signs of the inevitable. Little tasks def. make them feel self worth. She likes to pick up little sticks in the yard or leaves. She picks them up one by one (I am not exaggerating when I say this) she will spend hours doing this and go back out the next day and do it all over again. On the negative she said is there something you want me to do? I said sure take all the old dead plants out of the garden but leave the the living ones with veggies still on them. A little bit later she said come look at the job I did. LOL the entire garden was gone (yes , the living plants too) I just said wow great job.
    Jeep, jimb1972, Inor and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content

First Aid Supplies and More!!
    Hidden Content
    DERMA-REDI.com

Bravo Ark.
    Arklatex likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Sponsored Links