Crusades vs. Modern Jihad
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Crusades vs. Modern Jihad within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Below is a link to an article written by a credible source. I urge you to read it because it gives you a scholarly un-hollywooded ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Crusades vs. Modern Jihad

Below is a link to an article written by a credible source. I urge you to read it because it gives you a scholarly un-hollywooded glimpse into the times of the Crusades. In my opinion, as a history graduate with an emphasis on ancient and medieval European history, it is a great introduction to these events. I also encourage you to research the Crusades from many sources gaining as much incite as you possibly can so when you hear a ignorant person speaking falsities you can set them straight.

One great difference between the crusades and modern jihad is seen in the leadership. Research the deeds and devices of the leadership and you will obtain viable illumination on this topic.

please don't use wikipedia as a source ^^..go to university websites and databases and you can often find documents to read for free...the library is a blessing of our tax dollars.

History of the Crusades
    Denton, Inor, MrsInor and 2 others like this.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

If I remember correctly, the Crusades were the result of moslims attacking a Christian Kingdom, Jerusalem. It had been a Christian country for nearly 800 years. It was NOT Christians suddenly deciding to attack poor innocent muslims.
    Maine-Marine likes this.

Ya the Crusades were a response to Islamic armies invading and threatening the land surrounding Constantinople as well as regaining the holy city of Jerusalem. You of course had zealots in the Crusading armies, but the impetus to war was regaining lost land and power.
    Last edited by Ragnarök; 10-01-2014 at 07:34 PM.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Excellent post Ragnarok! If you have more info of a similar perspective, please send it along.
    SecTec21 and Ragnarök like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Very nice read. Thank you.
    Ragnarök likes this.

Sure Inor, I'll post related material here and a variety of links to University of Penn databases. University of Penn is one of the most revered institutions regarding history in the world so I think it is appropriate to guide viewers in that direction.

First go to Penn Libraries Then go to search and type in crusades and a variety of things pop up that you can read online. it is all a matter of what you type in..try different key words to find a multitude of online books and articles.

below this text is one of my searches.

The first crusade; the accounts of eye-witnesses ... . Krey, August C. ed. and tr. (August Charles), 1887-1961,

The first crusade; the accounts of eye-witnesses ... . - Full View | HathiTrust Digital Library | HathiTrust Digital Library
    MrsInor, Inor and Slippy like this.

Thanks for the Info!! Excellent read!
    Ragnarök likes this.
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

"ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"

Super Moderator

Good read. I read that while at work. OK, sue me; I merely extended my lunch break by a few minutes.

The Crusades were not just one, and not just about Jerusalem.

Remember the reference, Gates of Vienna? The Great Jihads made serious inroads. This is the reason why the Muslims must retake Europe. Any land held as dar al Islam and returns to dar al harb is priority one. Same with Israel. The land must be retaken.

Oh, and those mosques that are being built all over the U.S.? They are not the same as Christian churches. They are tantamount to flags being planted.

Those who adhere to Islam know this. Infidels had better wrap their thick heads around it, too.
    CWOLDOJAX and Ragnarök like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I am careful about reading "history." I've seen the difference in how the free Cubans handle the story of Jose Marti (good guy) and Che Guevara (bad guy) vs Castro's Cuban history books.
    History books are written by the victors or the assumptive. Even the History Channel gets it wrong as does the Weather Channel.
    I am currently watching the cancelled "Jericho" TV series on-line and noticed the school teachers were given books about the "true" history of Allied States of America.
    I admit I have not read the link. I will. I am curious and interested.

I am just describing the filter I will interpret it through. I read history like I read the news.
    Ragnarök likes this.
    ... And I looked and arose and said to the nobles and to the officials and to the rest of the people, “Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes.” -- Nehemiah Hidden Content

"Start where you are. Use all you have. Do all you can." -- Pat Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Good read. ...
    Oh, and those mosques that are being built all over the U.S.? They are not the same as Christian churches. They are tantamount to flags being planted.

Those who adhere to Islam know this. Infidels had better wrap their thick heads around it, too.
    I work with/support a few missionaries in 3rd world countries.
    Depending on the political bent of the host country, some missionaries/churches are viewed as flags planted.
    Lately, even the Russian political elite are considering a law to claim property (or seize it) owned on foreign soil, maybe including here in the US.
    Hence a Russian flag is planted at a few houses in my old subdivision.
    ... And I looked and arose and said to the nobles and to the officials and to the rest of the people, “Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes.” -- Nehemiah Hidden Content

"Start where you are. Use all you have. Do all you can." -- Pat Williams

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links