Crusades vs. Modern Jihad - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Crusades vs. Modern Jihad

This is a discussion on Crusades vs. Modern Jihad within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Denton Good read. I read that while at work. OK, sue me; I merely extended my lunch break by a few minutes. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Crusades vs. Modern Jihad

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Good read. I read that while at work. OK, sue me; I merely extended my lunch break by a few minutes.

The Crusades were not just one, and not just about Jerusalem.

Remember the reference, Gates of Vienna? The Great Jihads made serious inroads. This is the reason why the Muslims must retake Europe. Any land held as dar al Islam and returns to dar al harb is priority one. Same with Israel. The land must be retaken.

Oh, and those mosques that are being built all over the U.S.? They are not the same as Christian churches. They are tantamount to flags being planted.

Those who adhere to Islam know this. Infidels had better wrap their thick heads around it, too.

Islam means Submission after all.
    Denton likes this.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Quote Originally Posted by CWOLDOJAX View Post
    I am careful about reading "history." I've seen the difference in how the free Cubans handle the story of Jose Marti (good guy) and Che Guevara (bad guy) vs Castro's Cuban history books.
    History books are written by the victors or the assumptive. Even the History Channel gets it wrong as does the Weather Channel.
    I am currently watching the cancelled "Jericho" TV series on-line and noticed the school teachers were given books about the "true" history of Allied States of America.
    I admit I have not read the link. I will. I am curious and interested.

I am just describing the filter I will interpret it through. I read history like I read the news.
    Always be careful in accepting writing as truth when you read anything. Get as many sources as you can , read them all and then make your own judgements.

History is often written and protected by the loser too. Europe lost all the crusades ultimately
    CWOLDOJAX and Denton like this.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”

You can say what you want about the crusades being a response to Muslim conquorers but it was ultimately about power and land. The "Great Roman Catholic" church won the first battle and then lost the war. Because of that loss they lost a lot more at home. It would seem that the lack of victory spurred on the refomation showing that the Pope(s) supported a war that was lost when he was supposed to hold the power of Heaven on Earth. The end result was the scism and the many forms of Christian faiths we have today.

For whatever reason all of Islam (not just Muslims) are thought to be the same by those outside of Islam but within Islam there are many sects (just like Christianity) with very different views on the proper wayto live. That is why they fight as much between themselves as they do with other peoples.

Ragnarök likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Mao killed 2 or 300 million chinese? Now, run the numbers on where we would be today if he had not and consider the muslim thing just the same. Saves one all the bother about who-said-what-did and boils down to the same thing.
    "There are a billion and a half beautiful muslims!"
    Yeah, we heard. Sorry were lazy and let it go that long.
    La ~

Quote Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
    You can say what you want about the crusades being a response to Muslim conquorers but it was ultimately about power and land. The "Great Roman Catholic" church won the first battle and then lost the war. Because of that loss they lost a lot more at home. It would seem that the lack of victory spurred on the refomation showing that the Pope(s) supported a war that was lost when he was supposed to hold the power of Heaven on Earth. The end result was the scism and the many forms of Christian faiths we have today.

For whatever reason all of Islam (not just Muslims) are thought to be the same by those outside of Islam but within Islam there are many sects (just like Christianity) with very different views on the proper wayto live. That is why they fight as much between themselves as they do with other peoples.
    The 9th or last Crusade took place in 1271-1272. The Reformation took place in 1517. Since there is over two hundred years separating the two it is kind of a stretch tying the two together.
    Denton likes this.

Super Moderator

Saying either was a land grab is to ignore a whole lot of history involving conquest and slaughter stretching from Jerusalem to Austria.
    I get it, though. Islamic conquest is just natural evolution and expansion of a new type of society. Resistance to it is historical evidence of European greed.
    Inor, Notsoyoung and dannydefense like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Gee, another "evil Christians attacking poor peaceful muslims for greed and power" claim. What a load of CRAP. The muslims attacked and eventually conquered Christian lands.
    Denton likes this.

I no longer care about the crusades (I know, they do).
    This is the jihad my grandchildren face today. This is what I care about.

Denton and Arklatex like this.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

Quote Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

Some tidal waves take time to hit the shore. I think you are correct about the impact it had on the popes own political grip inside Europe. Excellent thought ^^. The response to Islamic conquests are tied to regaining power and land.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsoyoung View Post
    The 9th or last Crusade took place in 1271-1272. The Reformation took place in 1517. Since there is over two hundred years separating the two it is kind of a stretch tying the two together.
    I do not think it is a stretch. The idea of reforming the church was not born over night. It took time to evolve and organize into a influential movement.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links