Looking for a GROUP in Santa Fe, NM - Why?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Looking for a GROUP in Santa Fe, NM - Why? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; When any event takes place, depending on where you live you could see hundreds of thousands (even millions) of hungry people. I've talked to and ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Looking for a GROUP in Santa Fe, NM - Why?

When any event takes place, depending on where you live you could see hundreds of thousands (even millions) of hungry people. I've talked to and seen families of 2 to 6 people think they can hold off many hungry people. Logic says The Larger Your Group, the Safer You And Your Loved Ones Will Be. I'm trying to find a group where I live any suggestions?
    pheniox17 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Logicalpreppernewbee View Post
    When any event takes place, depending on where you live you could see hundreds of thousands (even millions) of hungry people. I've talked to and seen families of 2 to 6 people think they can hold off many hungry people. Logic says The Larger Your Group, the Safer You And Your Loved Ones Will Be. I'm trying to find a group where I live any suggestions?
    Take it very very slow. We are naturally very distrustful of folks we do not know well. We get a LOT of guys coming to this site trying to get us to buy into setting up their perfect prepper utopia, usually at a significant cost to us. On the site we usually toy with them for a while and have some fun, then rip them apart which usually results in them fighting back and getting banned. In real life most of the regulars here would either walk away or kick them in the nuts.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Like your thinking, but goto local gun shows, local disposal stores, organize a local get together at a natural location and instead of forming a group (that is over rated) from alliances with other like minded groups, have something to put on the table and tell us how it goes (I have one coming after Xmas)
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

No group here, at least organized. I think, and this is my Jarhead mentality, is if things get worse, neighbors will start talking. If it goes straight to shit over night I will check on my neighbors, since we are rural. But a group thing is not for us.
    Im memory of my brother and fellow Marine, Semper Fidelis. Rest well my friend

There are militia groups north, west and south here and if you want to meet in the public environment somewhere else, that is your best bet.
    Sure there is safety in numbers, but also has drawbacks like anything else. I would say no matter what you explore, keep going back over the idea of maybe doing OK small, depending on what really happens.
    Prepper boards have lots of types that can't function well in groups, whereas most militia groups are composed of people that can and have been practicing group interaction for awhile.
    Don't straight up advertise for anything. Play it cool and just get a feel for a bit and learn all you can. I am not in a militia and the one here is kinda more a fun club than the have a chance, but we produce and purvey numerous health/medical product and know a wide spectrum.
    Best Wishes ~ we are South of 'cruces so a trip to visit but close enough when shipping goes to sheet and we're still putting out hard to come by's.
    I teach martial arts. Does that mean I think any of mine will make it out of town? But, you want to nurture up that sense of confidence as much as possible. A pigmy can kill a rabid biker that he keep his sense about him.
    Last edited by oddapple; 09-28-2014 at 09:56 PM.
    Jeep and pheniox17 like this.

Have you tried the American Preppers Network? They have groups just about everywhere. I bet you could plug in with some folks in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by RNprepper View Post
    Have you tried the American Preppers Network? They have groups just about everywhere. I bet you could plug in with some folks in your area.
    I don't know about everywhere, but here in nm, they do this thing called "pod building" or some such (different levels) the problem is, there aren't enough of us out in our rural areas and as far as town don't know?
    Santa fe? Those people are not....if it came at them their way, they have the money to make a "big day spa" of the apocalypse. But you would have to do a thing like have me up there for some Santa fe'ey thing that amounted to prepping in style. They like life in the little basket with the ribbon even if it is just blackberry jelly.
    I bet you find more preppers at the farmers market up there than you do militia or pods.
    (Style I say! Honey wine and chambord, Botticelli and tai chi...beats hell out of mre any day! Ahaha!)
    Last edited by oddapple; 09-28-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Too many tree hugging earth worshipers in Santa Fe for us and the traffic is crazy. Best of fortunes.

I looked at the map and it has gotten bigger. I have not been there in 40 years. Texas is mexicans and muslims. We hate shopping over there. They show pictures of a few illegals? It is dozens and dozens. They areally running around home invading for guns and TV's now. They are carrying regular cancer and diseases as well as parasites and communicable diseases like ED68 and whatever the cdc wants to give them. If people saw, they would be really discouraged. Texas is lost already to trash and crime. Makes them "tree huggers" with all their "well being and happiness" look pretty good compared.
    They only ONE thing that isn't Texas sized air about Texas is all those state cops and militia guys doin more at the border than anybody.
    People can't believe Texas got over run, but they all went GROSS with $2 labor and buying $2 cases of soda out the back of panel trucks like garland. Greed and "everybody does it" like Florida and cali.
    bigwheel likes this.

Being a NM resident, I suggest starting a "self reliance community meeting".
    I want the same thing for Farmington, to know that some of my neighbors are ready.
    Just haven't gotten the ball rolling.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links