Looking for a GROUP in Santa Fe, NM - Why? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Looking for a GROUP in Santa Fe, NM - Why?

This is a discussion on Looking for a GROUP in Santa Fe, NM - Why? within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Ya'll are different over there. We studied you too. You are in very good position. People say one needs permission to live there, respect that, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Looking for a GROUP in Santa Fe, NM - Why?

Ya'll are different over there. We studied you too. You are in very good position. People say one needs permission to live there, respect that, just never got around yet much to "be seen and ask". But I would Feely much safer up there by ya'll for every reason. Dig in, lay quiet, kill what comes close and I am pretty sure at some point that is how it will be. They will swell those border plague camps until they have created those people into zombies and the wall comes ~ not if, when...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    No group here, at least organized. I think, and this is my Jarhead mentality, is if things get worse, neighbors will start talking. If it goes straight to shit over night I will check on my neighbors, since we are rural. But a group thing is not for us.
    No group for me either, might be a mistake, who knows? I just don't like the idea of someone else making decisions for me and my family, and let's face it, if you are going to be in a group, someone has to be the leader, only one chief and the rest are...well you know.
    Besides, who's to say you join a group to be protected from the bad guys, only to discover you have now just become one of the bad guys?

Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Take it very very slow. We are naturally very distrustful of folks we do not know well. We get a LOT of guys coming to this site trying to get us to buy into setting up their perfect prepper utopia, usually at a significant cost to us. On the site we usually toy with them for a while and have some fun, then rip them apart which usually results in them fighting back and getting banned. In real life most of the regulars here would either walk away or kick them in the nuts.
    Trust is earned, and should never be given. Thanks for the input
    Inor likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshinedave View Post
    No group for me either, might be a mistake, who knows? I just don't like the idea of someone else making decisions for me and my family, and let's face it, if you are going to be in a group, someone has to be the leader, only one chief and the rest are...well you know.
    Besides, who's to say you join a group to be protected from the bad guys, only to discover you have now just become one of the bad guys?
    I don't believe in person leading, the whole group agrees, talks, shares and disagrees

Zed

Finding like-minded prepper will be like finding 'kohinoor'.
    I always believe in smaller groups..say group of 15-20 people..no more than that..
    More people will put undue stress on food/water sources..in case of SHTF
    And probably...don't put trust blindly...nobody wants to get his and family's throat sliced in midnight and gears/stores taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Logicalpreppernewbee View Post
    I don't believe in person leading, the whole group agrees, talks, shares and disagrees
    Yeah, good luck with that.
    dannydefense and Box of frogs like this.

If I recall, you haven't been in Santa Fe for too long? I would tread lightly there, it's an extremely progressive environment full of old influential money. I don't mean to state the obvious, but make sure you've taken care of you and yours first, and in such a way that you neighbors aren't aware of it. By that I am not advising paranoia, I simply mean there's no benefit in advertising the extent of your preparedness. There's another Gun & Blade show coming up Dec 13th in Albuquerque, as others have suggested, I would also recommend dropping in and hanging out for awhile!
    DerBiermeister likes this.
    Rest In Peace, Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

When any event takes place, depending on where you live you could see hundreds of thousands (even millions) of hungry people. I've talked to and seen families of 2 to 6 people think they can hold off many hungry people. Logic says The Larger Your Group, the Safer You And Your Loved Ones Will Be. I'm trying to find a group where I live any suggestions?
    i can't reply to you all, Im thank for your input. Trust is lost, and most don't even want to give others a try at it. One out of hundred are honest, you must open your heart and mind. YOU can NOT do it alone, your heart and mind must cry out. There are those who are touched of things to come, we are very close to events taking place and escalating from there.

Much love

Evan

I sure could use some pointers, it's coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by RNprepper View Post
    Have you tried the American Preppers Network? They have groups just about everywhere. I bet you could plug in with some folks in your area.
    I disagree with that advice. I do not trust those folks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links