Part of a day not living in the city
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Part of a day not living in the city within the General Talk forums, part of the General Discussion category; Out testing new mounts on sidecar today nice 37 degree . After a couple hour ride heading home. come around the curve notice someone I ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 7 Post By Smitty901
  • 1 Post By Smitty901
  • 1 Post By Coastie dad
  • 1 Post By Slippy
  • 2 Post By bigwheel

Thread: Part of a day not living in the city

Out testing new mounts on sidecar today nice 37 degree . After a couple hour ride heading home. come around the curve notice someone I know by his range setup splitting wood. Down the gravel drive way and pull up.
    The normal hey how ya been . Dam aint seen you sense the 4 of July range day. Talked motorcycle a bit. Subject switch to firearms. Invited him over , with his wife's Ar some time , show him a Joebob bolt and spring to improve her trigger. Then we get off on Hand gun triggers. Two people that carry on a Private range on a bright cool day with time to burn. Yes we burnt up some ammo. Swapped weapons a few times. No one called the Law. Nearest house was his mothers and if we had stayed long enough she would have brought coffee and joined us. She has been retired a long time now and enjoys company on the range.
    Put this on the list of things that just don't happen when you live in town. Darn I do like his XDS CC.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Its raining pretty hard and the range bench does not have a roof but I'm thinking that some rounds will leave the barrel before the day ends...

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Its raining pretty hard and the range bench does not have a roof but I'm thinking that some rounds will leave the barrel before the day ends...
    Well as SGT once said the gun fight won't wait for sunshine and 70's degrees. Road match to the range, uniform of the day includes rain gear Formation in 15.
    Slippy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Spring break just started for me...and lo and behold....a new Sig and 308 rifle await...
    Slippy likes this.
    Just because I am peaceful does not mean I have forgotten how to be violent.
    If I am to die tonight I shall see that the night does not pass quietly.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content (Not a troll, a 12 Charlie)
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Well as SGT once said the gun fight won't wait for sunshine and 70's degrees. Road match to the range, uniform of the day includes rain gear Formation in 15.
    Wise SGT!

YES! Rounds were sent downrange.

AND...grass is starting to grow with springtime here at Slippy Lodge so hooked up the bushhawg to the John Deere and mowed for a while. Had to pick up a bunch of dead tree limbs and rocks that had mysteriously appeared over the winter. How do rocks do that?

Regardless, settling in with a glass of bourbon watching some March Madness games and looking out over the ravine behind the house. Paradise!
    Smitty901 likes this.

Its hotter than heck and fixing to come a storm up here in Fort Wurth. Hate to see folks wasting ammo while the injuns are circling the wagons. lol. All my ammo is precious. I dont care if I can hit anything or not. Least I will have more than I woulda had by practicing. Yall drive me crazy sometimes.
    A Watchman and Slippy like this.

Sponsored Links