SHTF, so now what do you actually intend to do?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on SHTF, so now what do you actually intend to do? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; We live in the mountains of NC on 68 acres. We are small land owners compared to most residents in our area. While I do ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: SHTF, so now what do you actually intend to do?

We live in the mountains of NC on 68 acres. We are small land owners compared to most residents in our area. While I do not consider myself to be a prepper, we do keep 30 days of food & water in stock at all times, lots of ammo, a diverse medical bag and ample gas for our generator. We have a large garden and some small game on the property.

Last weekend, I got together with some friends. One, who is a prepper, came up from Greensboro (a mid-sized city). We began discussing some SHTF scenarios when someone asked our prepper friend exactly what his plans would be if things fell apart in the city. He indicated that they will leave the city and head up to our area. And that they are prepared to survive in the woods for an extended period if necessary. We all laughed and informed him that if a real SHTF event occurs and he tried to execute that plan, the property owners in our area would have no problem shooting him for trespassing and perhaps he should rethink things.

So, that got me thinking........exactly what do you actually intend to do and where do you intend to go? Hunker down where you are with existing supplies, head to a national forest and live off the land, or do you have property where you will be relatively safe? What is your plan?

Well ..... if heading over to one of them government bunkers and waiting it out with the big shots is not an option, I'm gonna stay with my supplies, my preparedness preps, my guns and ammo ...... Come and take it!
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

I will be staying here. Shooting trespassers and replenishing supplies LOL
    Redneck, RedLion and hardcore like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

There have beem numerous hypotheticals like this on here, always good to rehash I guess.

Some points
    - Reaction depends event to event; other than PR/Haiti, I do not think most natural disasters are a good baseline - as civilization & relief still exist...even living in a violent area of the Bronx during the blackout in 2002/2003, stuff was tame - exodus/encampment will vary
    - Even back roads will be boned w/ traffic
    - Private land owners will smoke you, if you let someone on your land, you are an idiot - that was a general statement
    - 30 Days will turn to 15 Days, unless youve been in some situation where you ABSOLUTELY NEEDED to converse, most humans are incapable of such - 90 Day is a better benchmark
    - If you do get out of the city/burbs it better be Day 0 or before Week 3/4 or youre boned
    - Everyone always forgets toilet paper, socks, basic hand tools in their preps
    - Going door to door / to the mall will also get you smoked

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Hatchee, dwight55, Slippy and 1 others like this.

We have a motto in Texas.

Name:  come-and-take-it-gonzales-flag-3.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  45.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post

Attaboy Inceptor!
    inceptor and hardcore like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post

Is that a black carrot?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    inceptor, Kauboy, Slippy and 2 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post

Last weekend, I got together with some friends. One, who is a prepper, came up from Greensboro (a mid-sized city). We began discussing some SHTF scenarios when someone asked our prepper friend exactly what his plans would be if things fell apart in the city. He indicated that they will leave the city and head up to our area. And that they are prepared to survive in the woods for an extended period if necessary. We all laughed and informed him that if a real SHTF event occurs and he tried to execute that plan, the property owners in our area would have no problem shooting him for trespassing and perhaps he should rethink things.
    Pretty typical assumption of many bug out preppers that think they can just settle in on private land. They fail to realize during a crisis, they are a threat to the nearby property owners and will be taking wildlife the landowners would be harvesting. There will be a conflict and more than likely, these trespassers will end up being dinner for the buzzards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
    So, that got me thinking........exactly what do you actually intend to do and where do you intend to go? Hunker down where you are with existing supplies, head to a national forest and live off the land, or do you have property where you will be relatively safe? What is your plan?
    I'm on 20 acres in a very rural part of Mississippi, surrounded by friends that are very large property owners/ranchers. I will hunker down with family & the dozen or so families on our dead end lane. Every effort will be made to become self sufficient as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Is that a black carrot?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Nope. But since you're from CA, you wouldn't know anyhow since all things related to that are illegal.
    Redneck and LunaticFringeInc like this.

Stay put. Establish security. Find out what the issue or issues are and take the best route to deal with it. We will be self sufficient always been the plan. Depending on what has happened we will try to help others near by if we can. If is major and wide spread there will be others coming here.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links